Sign in to follow this  
DevastazioneH88

Just bought The Steward's Fear !

As I stated somewhere in an older post, thebookdepository is now receiving items much faster than before…I just got The Steward's Fear, if you guys want to get it check it out ! Also because they generally have just a few copies at the beginning and it gets back after a week or so…

DurinIII said:

Glaurung: it is very difficult. You will like it.

OK good. Il already like it. We finally win the Nightmare Dol-Gudlor. This is most difficult quest in the game now. Very very difficult!

Now we build up 2 dwarfes decks which is working fantastic in combo. Actually they play like 1 big deck. One is Bombur/Nori/Ori and Another Dain/Thorin/Balin.

SiCK_Boy said:

Did anyone post visual spoilers? I don't mind doing it; I know they're not yet on CardGameDB. (And I've made my scans already to use on OCTGN anyway).

the only full visuals are on a video so far. id be happy if you did :)

rich

Sorry for the delay. I just realized you need to have the pictures hosted somewhere to post on this forum… Rich: If you can PM me with an email address of yours, I could send the scans to you and you can find a way to post them.

SiCK_Boy said:

Sorry for the delay. I just realized you need to have the pictures hosted somewhere to post on this forum… Rich: If you can PM me with an email address of yours, I could send the scans to you and you can find a way to post them.

i could arrange that- i could host them on one of my sites then merely photo-link them onto here…people wouldnt even have to leave the forum (if i remember rightly.)

ill pm you

rich

Glaurung said:

I think i will get it in few days. probably wendesday…..

Can you tell me about a quest? HOw is it? Interesting? Difficult? What about encouner cards?

Spoiler alert: you are not going to like the new scenario, Glaurung.

Glaurung said:

Can you tell me about a quest? HOw is it? Interesting? Difficult? What about encouner cards?

this quest is very easy, especially compared to the HoN and new Hobbit quests (it's a difficulty level 5 - which is totally not true, if Into Ithilien is a 4).

Bascially, this quest is The Hills of Emyn Muil 2.0 - lots of locations at the beginning and wimpy enemies. I didn't even deck build for this quest (just pulled out a random deck) and won it easily.

It's certainly possible that I got "lucky" but I did go through all the encounter deck cards during play (all the location exploration is somewhat slow, meaning you'll probably have to shuffle through the deck at least once) so I did see every card the deck has to throw at me.

I will say, I do give the designers props for attempting another location exploration quest - and it is slightly more interesting than The Hills - but I'm beginning to think that location exploring is just the least engaging aspect of the game and it's very difficult to make it "fun." So, ultimately, for me, this quest is a total let down.

Dain Ironfoot said:

Glaurung said:

this quest is very easy, especially compared to the HoN and new Hobbit quests (it's a difficulty level 5 - which is totally not true, if Into Ithilien is a 4).

Bascially, this quest is The Hills of Emyn Muil 2.0 - lots of locations at the beginning and wimpy enemies. I didn't even deck build for this quest (just pulled out a random deck) and won it easily.

It's certainly possible that I got "lucky" but I did go through all the encounter deck cards during play (all the location exploration is somewhat slow, meaning you'll probably have to shuffle through the deck at least once) so I did see every card the deck has to throw at me.

I will say, I do give the designers props for attempting another location exploration quest - and it is slightly more interesting than The Hills - but I'm beginning to think that location exploring is just the least engaging aspect of the game and it's very difficult to make it "fun." So, ultimately, for me, this quest is a total let down.

Thanks for the answer and my conclusion was a bit same…….In my opinion cool quest in this cycle is : Blood of Gondor, Morgul vale and Osgiliath.

All other i think is a weak and boring ones but maybe i wrong…..

I know people are comparing this scenario to "Hills of Emyn Muil" but this one is far better in every aspect of the game. In fact, I think the only real comparison is that they are location heavy adventures. This AP has lots of flavor and is very fun thematically. I like the fact that it's very different from the HoN box set adventures. Diversity is the spice of life. Yes, this AP is not bone crushingly hard, but I see that as very good thing. Not every AP should be at the maximum difficulty level.

Kudos to the designers for coming up with a fun, flavorful story rich AP that breaks some new ground in game play.