Sign in to follow this  
Puccio2

Guardian of Peace and Prepare for Battle interaction ruling

Taken from the Smuggler's Den Facebook.

Just got a Guardian of Peace ruling.

"You would not be able to use the protect keyword if the protecting unit cannot be damaged.

Nate French"

Rule Question: Hey there,

There is a meta defining question that needs to be addressed before our regional this weekend if you can.

The issue centers around the protect/shield abilities of the Guardian of Peace and the Objective, Preparation for Battle.

If the Guardian of Peace is shielded and the dial is 4 or lower she cannot take any damage. Does this mean she can use her protect ability to divert the first 2 damage of every strike to her and not get damaged? Or does this mean since she cannot take damage she is not able to use her protect ability.

Thanks for posting this, especially since my post with effectively the same official response from 2 weeks ago had fallen all the way to the 2nd page ;-)

Seriously though, this is one that could reasonably have gone either way, so it's good to make sure everyone knows how it should work and it's not like the forums are easy to search for previous answers.

Dbmeboy,

Interesting, I totally missed that. I don't usually look at these rules forums since they are 99% new player questions. On CardgameDB there is an official rules clarification thread. Would you mind taking a look and seeing if its missing anything? Also every card will be updated with all the official FFG rulings, FAQ, and errats on their card game database this week. Some are already there.

TinyGrimes said:

Dbmeboy,

Interesting, I totally missed that. I don't usually look at these rules forums since they are 99% new player questions. On CardgameDB there is an official rules clarification thread. Would you mind taking a look and seeing if its missing anything? Also every card will be updated with all the official FFG rulings, FAQ, and errats on their card game database this week. Some are already there.

Sure, I'll go take a look.  Oh, in case I came across wrong, I really was being serious about it being good to repost such things because finding rulings in these forums is not easy.

Got a couple more posted over there.  I don't do much on cardgamedb in general, but there are actually quite a few good rules questions that come up over here and a pretty good group of us that regularly field questions and post responses from FFG.