Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lleimmoen

Hero Count

31 posts in this topic

I think I may prefer an en elf it's a spirit character rather than Gondor as there are so few spirit cards that interact well with what little synergies we have. If its a different sphere (which id be surprised if it was) I'm all for another Gondor character

Indeed, there are very few Gondor synergies in Spirit. Ironically the very first Gondor hero, Eleanor, is Spirit. The only card I can think of is Blood of Númenor. Then there are a few thematic ones that have nothing to do with the actual trait.

And I too would be very surprised if the next hero is not Spirit, the cycle (including the deluxe) would then bring 2 heroes per sphere.

I'd love to see Mablung as a (Spirit) Gondorian Ranger. This would allow pairing him with Faramir for super- thematic, low threat cost decks that will be able to play Damrod as an ally.

Other than that, I wouldn't be surprised to see Gwaihir (artwork has been out for many months), somebody not well known, such as Hirgon, the errand-rider who delivered the Red Arrow (hopefully a future unique, limit 1/ deck attachment)to Theoden, or another FFG creation. There are multiple potential Rohan heroes out there, but if a future cycle would focus on them, I'd expect FFG to save Eomer and Erkenbrand as starter heroes for the deluxe expansion.

I am definitely hoping to see Mablung by the end of this cycle as well either as a Hero or ally. If he does end up as a hero in agree it would be ideal to see him as a low cost spirit ranger who would couple well with Faramir. Maybe even some spirit ranger items whether they be traps or otherwise would be great. I love how lore Faramir flipped the expectations for the cycle heroes on their heads and now anything could happen

Hero Count updated with the new spoilers, Spirit has suddenly caught up with Leadership but they are still one short of Tactics and Lore. Gondor has now two of each sphere, Hobbits have three in Spirit but probably just Fatty for the saga.

The release schedule is currently:

2 heroes in a delux expansion + 6 from cycle to make 8; 2 of each.

Saga expansions have an uneven number of heroes which will balance out across all the sagas).

As a result for leadership and spirit to "catch up" will require the next saga expansion (assuming that the next deluxe expansion + cycle continue to be 2 of each).

They may change the formula in the deluxe + cycle to account for the saga hero pool. Especially likely to happen if they reach a saga expansion where they just can't justify every sphere (For instance Sam + Frodo alone to mount doom).