Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lleimmoen

Hero Count

31 posts in this topic

…previewed heroes included, it now stands with the following…

Tactics 12

Legolas (Silvan), Gimli (Dwarf), Thalin (Dwarf), Brand Son of Bain (Dale), Boromir (Gondor), Elladan (Noldor), Háma (Rohan), Beorn (Beorning), Beregond (Gondor), Bard the Bowman (Esgaroth), Théoden (Rohan), Merry (Hobbit)

Leadership 11

Aragorn (Dúnedain), Théodred (Rohan), Glóin (Dwarf),  Imrahil (Gondor), Dáin Ironfoot (Dwarf), Elrohir (Noldor), Thorin (Dwarf), Boromir (Gondor), Balin (Dwarf), Hirluin the Fair (Outlands), Sam Gamgee (Hobbit)

Spirit 11

Eleanor (Gondor), Dúnhere (Rohan), Éowyn (Rohan), Frodo Baggins (Hobbit), Dwalin (Dwarf), Glorfindel (Noldor), Nori (Dwarf), Óin (Dwarf), Pippin (Hobbit), Caldara (Gondor), Fatty Bolger (Hobbit)

Lore 12

Glorfindel (Noldor), Beravor (Dúnedain), Denethor (Gondor), Bilbo Baggins (Hobbit), Bifur (Dwarf), Aragorn (Dúnedain), Elrond (Noldor), Ori (Dwarf), Bombur (Dwarf), Mirlonde (Silvan), Faramir (Gondor), Pippin (Hobbit)

Noldor 5* (Tactics 1, Leadership 1, Spirit 1, Lore 2)

Silvan 2 (Tactics 1, Lore 1)

Dúnedain 3* (Leadership 1, Lore 2)

Gondor 8* (Tactics 2, Leadership 2, Spirit 2, Lore 2)

Outlands 1 (Leadership)

Rohan 5 (Tactics 2, Leadership 1, Spirit 2)

Esgaroth 1 (Tactics)

Dale 1 (Tactics)

Beorning 1 (Tactics)

Hobbit 7* (Tactics 1, Leadership 1, Spirit 3, Lore 2)

Dwarf 12 (Tactics 2, Leadership 4, Spirit 3, Lore 3)

*including the double (Glorfindel, Aragorn, Boromir, Pippin)

Edited by lleimmoen

nice summary. i think we shall indeed see another hobbit. its looking like Sam to me, and i still think that he must be spirit for theme reasons.and then my prediction of denethor sort of fell short this pack but i think he is coming

magali did the tactics event card with the palantir right? so she usually keeps the illustrations the same so i think he will look like that guy….looks rather young to me though…or is that aragorn in his confrontation?

rich

I agree about two of the three heroes being in the spirit and lore sphere…as for the third I guess he could be in any sphere (save tactics)…as for names and races I guess we'll see Faramir in AP 4 and Merry in AP 2. Faramir might be leadership because of his ally version being leadership and because we haven't seen any sphere change from ally to hero and viceversa up to now. I hoped Merry would be leadership but the hero count says he might be spirit (like this we'd be able to create a mono spirit hobbit deck, hobbits and mono spheres being two of this cycles main points) or lore. The third hero is a mistery, I hope he'll be a silvan but we'll probably get another human character…

That said FFG has always surprised most of us with this game, so they may have decided to put no lore heroes or no Gondorians XD…

Gunny_J said:

Thank you for putting this resource together!

Oh, you are welcome. And yeah, Spirit Hobbit deck seems very likely, it is looking like Merriadock to me… Faramir is a given, I would bet a house (I don't own) on it. Pack no. 4 is Faramir, I think he will be Leadership.

I'm sure Lore is up next, then Pippin (Spirit), followed by Faramir (Leadership), Another ??? hero followed by Theoden (Tactics).

Now that we know there is a new Saga expansion featuring 4 hobbit heroes, I would guess that we probably won't see any other hobbits during this cycle.  I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprint of a current hero in the fifth adventure pack. If they keep up the mutli-sphere trend, we should see a Spirit Hero get a new Tactic version. 

Tactics - Boromir - Leadership

Leadership - Aragorn - Lore

Lore - Glorfindel - Spirit

Spirit - ? - Tactics

The only one that makes the most sense for this would be Ewoyn. She did kill the Witch King. However I can't see us getting two Rohan Tactics Heroes back to back. 

Sprenger said:

I'm sure Lore is up next, then Pippin (Spirit), followed by Faramir (Leadership), Another ??? hero followed by Theoden (Tactics).

Now that we know there is a new Saga expansion featuring 4 hobbit heroes, I would guess that we probably won't see any other hobbits during this cycle.  I guess I wouldn't be surprised to see a reprint of a current hero in the fifth adventure pack. If they keep up the mutli-sphere trend, we should see a Spirit Hero get a new Tactic version. 

Tactics - Boromir - Leadership

Leadership - Aragorn - Lore

Lore - Glorfindel - Spirit

Spirit - ? - Tactics

The only one that makes the most sense for this would be Ewoyn. She did kill the Witch King. However I can't see us getting two Rohan Tactics Heroes back to back. 

I see your point but not 100% sure I agree since the remade heroes came out in a different order than how you outlined above. I have a gut feeling the 5th AP pack hero will be lore. No reasoning just a hunch

No. 4 is Leadership Faramir, who takes a bet? The rest should be Lore and Spirit, but who, the question still remains though we shall have a part of the answer in a few days. Anyone up for the guessing game once more? I think I am encouraged by the fact I guessed (rarely) right the last time around. This time Gondor and more Gondor cards, I believe and hope. We are getting four mono-sphere-deck cards, also, two of which have been spoilt.

I have noticed a number of cards with the text if all of your heroes are the same sphere then you can play this card or get this bonus. If the next hero is Lore, I feel like his ability will have this kind of requirement to some degree. Though it would be pretty nice if it was a bonus effect. 

The first event card you play from your hand this round costs 1 less matching resource to play. (to a minimum of 0).

If all of your heroes have a printed {Lore} sphere of influence then Hero gains something like, the first {Lore} event card you play from your hand each round gets shuffled back into your deck instead of being discarded". 

Dain Ironfoot said:

i'll wager faramir is not leadership, but lore.

Dain Ironfoot said:

id wager not only because each time a character has gone from ally to hero or visa versa they have remained in the same sphere. Examples include beorn, dwalin, gloin, bombur, and bifur.

seems like spheres only change when characters stay in the same card type like Aragorn, Glorfindel, Boromir, and Bofur

I want to think that the two unknown heroes are both lore (Assuming leadership hero Faramir) but I also think we should get another Denethor (who would using the theory above would have to be tactics, leadership, or spirit) leadership makes the most sense and tactics the least but a case could be made for spirit however since we're already getting two leadership heroes this cycle

Pharmboys2013 said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

Dain Ironfoot said:

id wager not only because each time a character has gone from ally to hero or visa versa they have remained in the same sphere. Examples include beorn, dwalin, gloin, bombur, and bifur.

seems like spheres only change when characters stay in the same card type like Aragorn, Glorfindel, Boromir, and Bofur

I want to think that the two unknown heroes are both lore (Assuming leadership hero Faramir) but I also think we should get another Denethor (who would using the theory above would have to be tactics, leadership, or spirit) leadership makes the most sense and tactics the least but a case could be made for spirit however since we're already getting two leadership heroes this cycle

well, there's got to be a first time for everything! the past doesn't always dictate the present, or the future. ;)

Dain: quite true! I personally would like to see a spirit or lore version of Faramir there are already so many awesome leadership heroes it makes it difficult to choose when deck building!!  As long he has awesome art ill probably be thrilled. The ally version was just so awful I don't know if I can withstand that kind of disappointment again haha

Pharmboys2013 said:

Dain: quite true! I personally would like to see a spirit or lore version of Faramir there are already so many awesome leadership heroes it makes it difficult to choose when deck building!!  As long he has awesome art ill probably be thrilled. The ally version was just so awful I don't know if I can withstand that kind of disappointment again haha

hahahaha. maybe i'm remembering the movie version more than the book version of faramir, but he just seems more at home in lore, as opposed to leadership! but yes, it would be nice to spread the love around a bit! :)

Additionally whomever the new heroes are I'm also hoping that none of them have abilities tied to all 3 heroes being the same sphere. I mean it would be cool to use I'm sure but it would really limit deck building as they would be pigeon holed into one archetype 

Pharmboys2013 said:

Additionally whomever the new heroes are I'm also hoping that none of them have abilities tied to all 3 heroes being the same sphere. I mean it would be cool to use I'm sure but it would really limit deck building as they would be pigeon holed into one archetype 

Well the new lore one does.

(Although it still works okay with 2 lore heroes imo)

Rapier said:

Pharmboys2013 said:

Well the new lore one does.

(Although it still works okay with 2 lore heroes imo)

so I see haha. Oh well. I'm glad the card art is awesome so ill still try and use her.

Knowing the black riders last hero will be a spirit hobbit it'll then get 10 which is still the lowest hero count by 1. One would think this next hero in the blood of numenor AP will be spirit but if it'll be a mono booster who knows. Kind of hoping not since spirit lacks heroes that can be put in a diverse amount of decks:

From 9 heroes....3 are dwarves (and while Dwalin doesn't need other dwarves, his linear ability and new ally have made the hero relatively obsolete). So that's 6 heroes now, Pippen can only be used with other hobbits and Dunhere no longer seems that good anymore leaving only 4 heroes that can be put in a wide array of decks realistically... They could use some more options

That being said, they have the best hero (and if not the "best" hero the best hero considering his value) with spirit Glorfindel and the best means to deal with threat and treacheries so it's not as though they get no love

Yes, they get love, and yes, they could certainly use more variables. As you say, there is not much to choose from - and will be less for LotR saga as the Spirit Frodo is illegal there. I would hastily agree Glorfindel to be the most versatile character, he just about fits any deck, but we need more Spirit heroes, surely. And I no longer think that Spirit hero will be a mono-sphere booster as we got no mono-Leadership booster hero either. They just move around a bit randomly with these, which is fine.

Maybe they will reserve the leadership and spirit mono boosters for the next cycle. If the next hero is spirit (and not a mono booster) I'm starting to grow attached to the idea of seeing a nice strong Eomer character. Spirit seems like the sphere of choice for Rohan (tho Eomer could fit in any sphere but lore IMO) and spirit could use a character with good atk or defense (or both,)

I'm no longer following my guesses about characters and spheres. I thought it couldn't have been more obvious that Samwise will be Spirit and Peregrin anything but Lore...

...in a similar fashion I thought Boromir will hardly ever be Lore but now I'm guessing we might see him so in the saga, he after all saved the entire Fellowship by advising them to take fire-wood with them to Caradhras. I always found that bit very intriguing. And it is in accordance with Tolkien skill not to make predictable character choices. One would expect Aragorn or Gandalf to think of that, yet it is Boromir who saves the day then.

...coming back, I'm hoping the yet to be revealed hero is going to be either Gondor or Elf.