Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DB Draft

Emperor Palpatine

47 posts in this topic

executor said:

not gonna lie.. some of these left field ideas are silly… just silly!

Ewoks defeating Stormtroopers silly? or Jar Jar Binks silly?

Ewoks defeating Stormtroppers was silly; Jar Jar Binks was dumb.

Having watched a lot of the Clone Wars, my only conclusion is Jar Jar is some kind of Force Master. There is no way he could do half of the rubbish he managed without having Yoda like powers.

Edited by Rodent Mastermind

executor said:

not gonna lie.. some of these left field ideas are silly… just silly!

Ewoks defeating Stormtroopers silly? or Jar Jar Binks silly?

Ewoks defeating Stormtroppers was silly; Jar Jar Binks was dumb.

Having watched a lot of the Clone Wars, my only conclusion is Jar Jar is some kind of Force Master. There is no way he could do half of the rubbish he managed without having Yoda like powers.

Oddly enough after the second movie (Empire Strikes Back) where they mentioned the "other" I thought it was Han for similar reasons.

No matter how hard he 'seemed' to try he couldn't escape his fate, his destiny so to speak.  Sigh... it was not to be, but it would have been cool.

Oddly enough after the second movie (Empire Strikes Back) where they mentioned the "other" I thought it was Han for similar reasons.

No matter how hard he 'seemed' to try he couldn't escape his fate, his destiny so to speak.  Sigh... it was not to be, but it would have been cool.

I believe later on they did hint that Hans was slightly force attuned.

In the X-Wing books there was discussion about the effect he had in battle on all the Imperial forces.  Kinda of like battle mediation, just less so.  More like a (non-game) focus across the entire force.  I'm thinking something like 10 points and any ship in range 3 can turn a focus into a hit.  It would have to be expensive like that to balance it, but also be long range to be thematically accurate.

drylndsurf likes this

Jar Jar Binks -

At the beginning of the game, destroy Jar Jar.  Take this card and any associated miniatures, stomp/smash/burn them until they cannot be recognized and are beyond any possibility of repair.  You win the game.

I beg to differ.  Theres a lot of prequel haters and I dont understand it.  Obi Wan vs Anakin was the best fight scene ever.  Darth Maul was awesome.  Palpatine and his games were scandalous.  Ok, Jar Jar kinda sucked, but he had his place.  How bout you ask your kids about him.  Bet you they love him.  That is why he was there.

I beg to differ.  Theres a lot of prequel haters and I dont understand it.  Obi Wan vs Anakin was the best fight scene ever.  Darth Maul was awesome.  Palpatine and his games were scandalous.  Ok, Jar Jar kinda sucked, but he had his place.  How bout you ask your kids about him.  Bet you they love him.  That is why he was there.

Yes.

I don't hate everything about the prequels.  I hate:

#1 :  Jar Jar Binks.  A racists interpretation of a childrens character.  I am not sure if he was supposed to be amusing, but he ruins or attempts to ruin every scene he is in.

#2 :  Young Annakin.  I don't know if the character is really that bad, because I can't see the character past the intensely awful "acting" by Jake Lloyd.

#3 : Silly combat droids.  These things are mechanized, self aware machines whose purpose is to go places and kill people.  But for some reason, I am supposed to square that mentally with silly stick-men saying "Uh-oh" and "Roger, roger".

Star Wars doesn't need to be an unending dark world filled with horror, but George Lucas made so much money on toys between the original trilogy and the launch of the prequels he thought his movies were for 6 year olds.  Fix these incredibly immersion crushing missteps, and his prequels would have been great.

I don't hate everything about the prequels.  I hate:

#1 :  Jar Jar Binks.  A racists interpretation of a childrens character.  I am not sure if he was supposed to be amusing, but he ruins or attempts to ruin every scene he is in.

#2 :  Young Annakin.  I don't know if the character is really that bad, because I can't see the character past the intensely awful "acting" by Jake Lloyd.

#3 : Silly combat droids.  These things are mechanized, self aware machines whose purpose is to go places and kill people.  But for some reason, I am supposed to square that mentally with silly stick-men saying "Uh-oh" and "Roger, roger".

Star Wars doesn't need to be an unending dark world filled with horror, but George Lucas made so much money on toys between the original trilogy and the launch of the prequels he thought his movies were for 6 year olds.  Fix these incredibly immersion crushing missteps, and his prequels would have been great.

Agree with you on those points. But I'll add a fourth thing that makes me cringe. Any and Every Padme and Anakin Romance scene ever.

Anakin: "Are you an Angel?" 

Anakin: If you are suffering as much as I am, please tell me.

Padme: I can't... We can't... It's not possible.

Padme: It must be difficult having sworn your life to the Jedi... not being able to visit the places you like... or do the things you like.

Anakin: Or be with the people I love.

Padme: Are you allowed to love? I thought that was forbidden for a Jedi.

Actually come to think of it the acting and script for these 2 characters was pretty horrible no matter what they were taking about, but the romance dialog in particular was what really killed it for me. Even worse than Jar Jar. At least JarJar and Young Anakin were limited to Episode I for the most part

EDIT: I forgot the worst 1.

Anakin: Don't be afraid.

Padme: I'm not afraid to die. I've been dying a little bit each day since you came back into my life.

Anakin: What are you talking about?

Padme: I love you.

Anakin: You love me? I thought we had decided not to fall in love. That we'd be forced to live a lie and that it would destroy our lives.

Padme: I think our lives are about to be destroyed anyway. I truly... deeply... love you and before we die I want you to know.

WHY!!!!!

Edited by jedi moose
KineticOperator likes this

I'm seconding kid Anakin. But I find his acting even more annoying than Jar Jar- he over emphasises so many random syllables and phrases! Drives me nuts!

I think every line of dialogue between Anakin and Padme (certainly in episode 1) should be followed by the sound of klonking balsa wood. If the characterization is so wooden, might as well drive the point home.

I think between Jar Jar and the Anakin-Padme dialogue, I'd say it's the romance subplot. Jar-Jar was significantly downplayed over the next two movies but the romance was kinda key to the prequel plot.

Funny, I actually thought the relationship between Anakin and Padme on the animated series Clone Wars was far more in depth, had better dialogue and better story line than the movies.

That's a cool idea Norsehound!

You could make it a "Force on Force" style upgrade: The Emperor selects a Rebel ship and rolls a "Force" Attack at say strength 9 (9 red Attack dice) and counts all hits and crits.  The Rebel ship rolls a number of green dice equal to their Pilot Skill, needing evades to cancel the Force Attack.  Certain pilots with a strong affinity for the Force, ie: Luke could also count Focus results.  If the Emperor wins the "Force Duel" he prevents their actions.

This just brought up another important character…. Obi Wan Kenobi!

So if you have ideas for him tas well hen please include them here.

The last thing this game needs is a 40k Mind War.

That's a cool idea Norsehound!

You could make it a "Force on Force" style upgrade: The Emperor selects a Rebel ship and rolls a "Force" Attack at say strength 9 (9 red Attack dice) and counts all hits and crits.  The Rebel ship rolls a number of green dice equal to their Pilot Skill, needing evades to cancel the Force Attack.  Certain pilots with a strong affinity for the Force, ie: Luke could also count Focus results.  If the Emperor wins the "Force Duel" he prevents their actions.

This just brought up another important character…. Obi Wan Kenobi!

So if you have ideas for him tas well hen please include them here.

The last thing this game needs is a 40k Mind War.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about...I don't play 40K.   If you think that the mystical Force is something that is important then please suggest how you would use it in the game.  There are enough weird and dodgy game mechanics already so there is always room for more.

Viceroy Bolda:  Yes that sounds like a good suggestion.  Barrel rolling a ship into an asteroid would give extra "style" points!

Edited by DB Draft