Sign in to follow this  
GM Chris

An original 3-part Adventure for Edge of the Empire (Beginner's Box or Beta), free to all you fine folk.

Hey, guys.  

As I'm wont to do every spring, I usually pen an original Star Wars module for ReaperCon (one of our local conventions) - and as this was the first year in five that it would be an Edge of the Empire module, not Saga Edition, I was pretty stoked.  I was even more stoked when I actually started to write it, and realized that this glorious system let me write it to my liking in about a third of the time.  So I thought "why not go for broke"?  And I used the rest of the time to flesh out a full three modules for a complete adventure.  Ran the heck out of it at ReaperCon this year, tweaked it a bit more, then deemed it ready for public consumption.  ;-)

"The Enemy of my Enemy" is a 3-part, stand-alone adventure, designed to introduce new players to the rule set, as well as give experienced players a fun adventure filled with intrigue and dangerous situations. It can also be inserted into an existing campaign, to provide a unique adventure and story arc across a few sessions of play.

Included are six pre-generated player characters whose abilities are well suited for each Act of the adventure.

And you can download it all RIGHT NOW at:  http://www.d20radio.com/content/module_enemyofmyenemy.zip

Hope you get some enjoyment out of it!

(Also, if any of you want to take part in the Order 66 Podcast community discussion of the adventure, you can do so here:  http://www.d20radio.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=166&t=12004)  :-D

Peace, Love, and Good Gaming!

GMC

Wow great stuff! I've been eargely awaiting  to see some fan created stuff with the new system! 

Curious though, what program(s) did you use to create your battle maps? They are fantastic!

All praise for the maps needs to go to the incomparable Christopher West, master cartographer of Maps of Mastery.  ;-)

All the maps used come from there (with permission, of course).

You can get them at http://www.mapsofmastery.com.  West did maps for the d20 systems of Star Wars, and has done tons of work for Pathfinder, and is the cartographer for Monte Cook's forthcoming Numenera.  Talented dude.

GM Chris said:

Talented dude.

Understatement of the week.

I've gladly backed every Kickstarter that Christopher West has done, and each time I've been pleased as punch with the quality of the product.

He's also a pretty cool guy in real life, and it's always worth the time to swing by his table/booth at GenCon.

This looks awesome… Can't wait to give it a try.  I have all of the maps of mastery maps, and they are amazing.  I think it would be great if you could give him credit in the document somewere… and be sure to list his web site.  That will help promote him a bit and hopefully keep the great maps coming. 

Having played in this adventure at Reapercon 2013, I give it two thumbs up and an extra hearty nod of recommendation.

Saw quite a few system newbies sit down to the table to play, too, and they all caught on to the way things worked very quickly. Definitely some epic moments in there (including some that, admittedly, diverged from the script as listed here!).

I just recently started listening to the Order 66 podcast, and you guys have put out some fantastic information for this new system.  Kudos for your work on this.  I haven't had a chance to read through it, yet, but I'm confident that it will be a quality module.

El_Tonio said:

This looks awesome… Can't wait to give it a try.  I have all of the maps of mastery maps, and they are amazing.  I think it would be great if you could give him credit in the document somewere… and be sure to list his web site.  That will help promote him a bit and hopefully keep the great maps coming. 

We do!  It's under the maps section in the "running the adventure" area in the few few pages.  ;-)

BUT… yeah - I don't think that's enough.  So I've altered the file slightly, with a proper cover-page to really pimp out Chris West (and the Order 66 Podcast).  That file should be updated on our server shortly.  :-D

SavagePanda said:

Looking for copies of those wonderfuly done character sheets. Anybody got a clue?

There are character sheets in the zip file.  There is a folder titled "Enemy of my Enemy PC sheets."

SavagePanda said:

I was hoping for blank versions of those sheets.

Ah, that makes sense.  I have seen several blank sheets that are based on the Beginner Box graphics like this, but none of those include the second page.  It is nice to have the graphics that explain the dice and symbols, as well as turn options.

I would be pretty easy to clear the text in one of these character sheets to create a blank.  I can do that later this afternoon.

SavagePanda said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3vpit9yquiva2

Ask and ye shall recieve.  Kind off.

Sadly, I possess neither the wherewithal or the software (full Adobe) to make form-fillable PDFs.  But I did manage to cobble together JPEGs of the front of the Beginner's Box character sheet, and "created" the back that you see.  (I then put those jpegs in as watermarks for a Word doc, and then added grids & text boxes in the appropriate areas of the page, after installing the EotE Character Font, to make a Word "form fillable" template.)

So, the mediafire link above brings you to a folder where you'll find the JPEGs, the EotE Symbol font, and the Word doc "template" of Free (act 1), so you can see it all put together.  Hope this helps.  

I encourage you all not to pour TOO much work into this, though, as we'll be getting proper "final" character sheets with the core book release in just a few weeks - and these sheets, based off the Beginner's Game, are great for one-shot pre-gens, but lack the full data record capabilities for campaign play.  Namely, PC Defenses and proper breakdowns of Knowledge and Pilot skills.  ;-)

GMC

GM Chris said:

SavagePanda said:

http://www.mediafire.com/?3vpit9yquiva2

Ask and ye shall recieve.  Kind off.

Sadly, I possess neither the wherewithal or the software (full Adobe) to make form-fillable PDFs.  But I did manage to cobble together JPEGs of the front of the Beginner's Box character sheet, and "created" the back that you see.  (I then put those jpegs in as watermarks for a Word doc, and then added grids & text boxes in the appropriate areas of the page, after installing the EotE Character Font, to make a Word "form fillable" template.)

So, the mediafire link above brings you to a folder where you'll find the JPEGs, the EotE Symbol font, and the Word doc "template" of Free (act 1), so you can see it all put together.  Hope this helps.  

I encourage you all not to pour TOO much work into this, though, as we'll be getting proper "final" character sheets with the core book release in just a few weeks - and these sheets, based off the Beginner's Game, are great for one-shot pre-gens, but lack the full data record capabilities for campaign play.  Namely, PC Defenses and proper breakdowns of Knowledge and Pilot skills.  ;-)

GMC

That simplifies things.  Thank you for putting this together.

I might take a stab at converting it to a form-fillable PDF, though the first page has already been done quite effectively:

http://www.daemonstorm.com/article/2013/01/07/star-wars-edge-empire-character-sheet

I do have the Adobe software, but I haven't attempted making form-fillable PDFs before, and I might as well try to learn a new skill.

Gosh Darnit. I went against my own advice.

I went ahead and updated the graphics for a "version 2" of the front & back of the sheet. The updates have re-arranged, re-organized a few things, while still keeping the look/feel/style.

We now have areas for Defenses, proper space for Critical Injury descriptions, areas for Motivations, and complete and full skill breakdown (all knowledge, and pilots).

You'll find them in the same folder link above. Direct download links below:

Front v2:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/p7p3pc1tz032dtd/front_v2.png

Back v2:  http://www.mediafire.com/download/nb3efekvi2rz4hj/back_v2.png

:-D

I'll work on a form-fillable Word doc as soon as I'm able.

Just got done reading through "The Enemy of My Enemy" and have to say its a solid piece of work.  If my campaign takes off enough that we get past "Escape from Mos Shuuta" and "Long Arm of the Hutt" I'm going to use it.  Thanks for sharing.

Wraith428

wraith428 said:

Just got done reading through "The Enemy of My Enemy" and have to say its a solid piece of work.  If my campaign takes off enough that we get past "Escape from Mos Shuuta" and "Long Arm of the Hutt" I'm going to use it.  Thanks for sharing.

Wraith428

I'm pleased for that feedback - thank you.  :-)

I'm currently working on a single-act "prequel" for the crew of The Idiot's Array that will lead them to the job that went wrong in Act 1 of "The Enemy of my Enemy".

I'd love to use this, but my players are currently in two groups, one group of two Wookiees (Lowhhrick and his former gladiatorial rival who now owes him a life-debt) with a beat-up Lucky Guess from the Long Arm of the Hutt, and the other six (Pash, Oskara, Sasha, Mathus, a trader named Chivo and another Bounty Hunter named Vakim) laying low after killing Teemo and legging it.  Not sure yet how they're going to get off Tatooine, but when they do… boy!

There's a few days left to back the Order 66 Podcast Kickstarter, Darth. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/435243061/the-new-order-66-podcast

$20 will help support d20Radio and net you (at present) SIX original modules (and a bunch more digital SWAG) that will never be seen again... Just sayin! ;-)

(And thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you like it!!!)

There's a few days left to back the Order 66 Podcast Kickstarter, Darth. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/435243061/the-new-order-66-podcast

$20 will help support d20Radio and net you (at present) SIX original modules (and a bunch more digital SWAG) that will never be seen again... Just sayin! ;-)

(And thank you for the feedback! I'm glad you like it!!!)

But, I NEVER listen to the Order 66 podcast! ;)