Sign in to follow this  
JMichael

Is it okay to not have the actual upgrade card(s)?

Since some of the upgrade cards are only availible in certain ship packs, but all of the online Squadron Builders (and Army Builder) have them all listed…Is it allowed to simply have a printed list or printed out upgrade cards in place of the actual ones?

Obviously friendly/local games are usually cool with this, but what about tournaments and the Regionals?

Does an Imperial player really need to buy Rebel ships just to get the upgrades (Sheild, Engine, etc)?

On a side note, I do wish FFG would sell the upgrade cards as a seperate pack.

Just  a quick follow up question do you need to have 1 referance upgrade card or 1 card per ship with the upgrade? IE if I have 2 ships with the generic R2 do I need 1 or 2 cards?

Thanks

Dranuth said:

Just  a quick follow up question do you need to have 1 referance upgrade card or 1 card per ship with the upgrade? IE if I have 2 ships with the generic R2 do I need 1 or 2 cards?

Thanks

You would need 2 copies of the upgrade card to use it on 2 different ships.

Emrico said:

Tournaments and Regionals require the actual upgrade cards, no proxies. This is explicit in the Tournament Rules.

Jim

I did see that int he FFG tournament rules. 

So If I want some Shield upgrades for my TIEs, I have to spend $40 on a ship I can't use just to get 2 cards!

I don't like that some universal upgrades only come with ships from 1 faction. While it may be that Rebels are more likely to have the Shield upgrad and Imperials the Stealth device…just make certain cards faction specific.

This is my only beef with the game. I otherwise LOVE it!

It would be wonderful to buy a card pack of all the upgrades. I wouldn't even mind having to buy 2-3 sets to get multiples of the cards I like to use.

have to agree with JMIchael on this. Would love to see some card packs with the generic upgrades, maybe even new pilots/crew/droids, etc in them. 

JMichael said:

I did see that int he FFG tournament rules. 

So If I want some Shield upgrades for my TIEs, I have to spend $40 on a ship I can't use just to get 2 cards!

I don't like that some universal upgrades only come with ships from 1 faction. While it may be that Rebels are more likely to have the Shield upgrad and Imperials the Stealth device…just make certain cards faction specific.

it's only $30 but I take your meaning. That said, I don't play all the factions in Netrunner or Game of Thrones, but I still buy the card packs even though I might only use a few of them in each pack, an I'm paying for extra cards I will certainly never use. I don't see FFG going out of its way to publish a separate product which would cut into demand for one of the mainstays of their product line, any more than they'd publish a chapter pack of just the Targaryen cards from a given set.