Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
G2 Joe the Condor

Regarding the Shadows of a Black Sun adventure.

127 posts in this topic

I do have a LGS but they were told by their supplier they had ran out of Free RPG Day products so couldn't have anything.

FFG did sent the store some copies of Shadows of a Black Sun, but despite being first in the queue (and having all EOTE on pre-order along with going to the store Saturday to buy other RPGs) I was not allowed one!!! 

I've been a completist of Star Wars RPGs since 1987 and have been a FFG customer for many years buying board games and 40K RPGs, so not very happy I now cannot get a physical copy of this.  Very upset.

ugavine said:

I do have a LGS but they were told by their supplier they had ran out of Free RPG Day products so couldn't have anything.

FFG did sent the store some copies of Shadows of a Black Sun, but despite being first in the queue (and having all EOTE on pre-order along with going to the store Saturday to buy other RPGs) I was not allowed one!!! 

I've been a completist of Star Wars RPGs since 1987 and have been a FFG customer for many years buying board games and 40K RPGs, so not very happy I now cannot get a physical copy of this.  Very upset.

It's not a perfect solution for you, but people are already selling them on ebay. You could always do that if you don't feel like waiting to see if FFG will release it again with another product. I would imagine that the PDF will show up here shortly, but if you need the hardcopy, I think you're going to have to find one on ebay.

Sorry.

Most of the games stores I frequent didn't participate in Free RPG day.  I ended up driving down to Broomfield, CO to Total Escape Games on west 120th.  We ran the adventure, and I learned the rules.  I really liked the game.  Looking to find people to play with.

I picked up a copy at Noble Knight games (hopefully! It's not in hand yet…) this morning, at around 10:30. If you don't find another venue, I'd recommend checking the site on a regular basis.

I would check back over the next week as Noble Knight appears to replenish their stock in the morning.  So far they have had more stock Sunday, Monday and Tuesday morning, but they are quickly gone by midday.  Just got my order yesterday and I must say it's an outstanding introductory adventure that introduces a couple of memorable contacts and adversaries who could easily reappear in your future adventures.

Good stuff.

Yancy

I also have my fingers crossed for a pdf version – It is a bit more “complicated” (the shipping cost and customs) to order from Noble Knight Games when you live outside the US.

Someone tell me how legit this is.

--Inserting space for minor spoilers--

I was running the adventure on Free RPG day. The players had just  managed to gain control of the speeder and were discussing their options when one of them suggested, "Turn on the left blinker and turn right!"

So I asked the Pilot, "Is that what you want to do?"

He said, "Sure!"

So I handed him his dice (1 Ability and 2 Prophicency dice) and had him roll against 2 difficulty dice and a challenge die. If the  Dispair had come up, I would have had it collide with another speeder and go into the same crash scenario where the player characters fail to regain control of the speeder.

He rolled 4 Successes and a Triumph.

I took a moment to collect myself and said, "The Persuing Swoop gang has no idea where you went!"

I had a blast running the game on Free RPG Day! I ran it at Comic/book hobby store in Conway called the Bat Cave.

The guys I ran it with actually want to continue the story and evolve it into a full campaign.

The system was fun to run and the players had had fun playing it. All in all things went great. I can't wait for the core rulebook and the GM screen to come  out!

Defintely add me to the list of people clamoring for FFG to release it as a free PDF

Paizo always releases their Free RPG Day adventure as a PDF…don't be outdone FFG! burla

Barefoottourguide said:

They are running this at GenCon. Perhaps they are waiting to release it until after the con.

Garrett

That's a very good point.

Does kinda suck for those not going to GenCon, as that now means they have to wait another month and a half before this gets released as a free PDF to the masses.

If for some reason they don't get it up, I'd be more then happy to scan it into the comp and send it to those in need.  Send me a message in a few days if you're getting impatient and I'll get to it. 

I. J. Thompson and willmanx like this

I would love to have a copy.  And I am very impatient.  I would fall to the dark side in a heartbeat.  You can send the PDF file to citman96@gmail.com

Thank you and May the Force Be with You.

I didn't want to ask for a copy, but since you may be scanning it anyway : ) 

wccooper8220@gmail.com

A PDF copy would be fantastic.  

Thank you so much!  There were no gaming stores in my area that participated in Free RPG day, sadly.