Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MasterJediAdam

Search For Skywalker - Spoilers

69 posts in this topic

Really liking Admirals Orders….

Board state:  

2 Sith Holocrons in play.   I play Admirals Orders then sac both Holocrons and play the Executor from my hand for FREE!!!

Poor light side player.  lol.

Really want the Executor now….and sith Holocrons….

lol I see irony in this some how… So someone copys and posts a bunch of card text that he doenst own, and then has what he said copied and posted, only to have the guy at the end getting complained about…. Im sorry but Im dieing of laughter here lol

I'm really excited about that Hoth set for the Rebels. I've been contemplating a shield-centered deck for my next build and this will really boost it!

it's good but renegade squardon mobilization will make it into every deck that can fit it in.Echo caverns- Notice "share a trait".  Vehicle and Character are traits. I can see no where this will not be amazing.

just Logan said:

it's good but renegade squardon mobilization will make it into every deck that can fit it in.Echo caverns- Notice "share a trait".  Vehicle and Character are traits. I can see no where this will not be amazing.

I'm not so sure. Really the best use of it I can think of is to take a tactic icon off of someone who has already attacked and put it on someone about to do so, and I'm not really sure thats worth taking the Objective Set (since a lot of it is not really all that spectacular imo, at least not yet) and having to play the 2 cost enhancement to get it.  Really, most of the situations this would be really strong are already covered by Crossfire in Hans set.  All the other uses of it are really situational, and while potentially very good, is also on the table so your opponent can plan for them.

I'm not saying its not useful, just that I'm not overly sold on it being worth it.  Honestly, I think the best set in the pack is the Navy one.  Yes, Devastator would like some buddies, especially since Imperial Vehicles are all already very strong.

Already thinking of

2xImp Command

2xDeath and Despayre

2xEndor Gambit

2xDeath Squadron (new)

2xUltimate Power/Recon Mission/Vader's Command/Defense Protocol

Lots of resources, lots of large and annoying vehicles, and built in ways around locking them out with tactics.

A subtle thing that I had missed from the Caverns wording was that you can do enemy units with it.  This changes my opinion of it, it is quite good.  Taking away guns/tactics from your opponent is a really nice ability.  Still not 100% that the other cards are that great, although the 2/2/2 guy is really nice, but it is definately worth taking.

Well, you could steal droid tactics icon and give it to R2-D2 or C-3PO.

Or grant you that one tactics on the attack from a unit your opp has already focused.

Or that one extra bomb for your Red Two.

Or give you that one blaster you are missing to kill that pesky Wampa with your Luke.

This card is may not be broken, but the possibilities are endless. Besides, Renegade Squadron is on of the strongest defenders in the game.

I for one will be substituting Devastator (cause the rest of the set, barring Defense Upgrade, is mediocre at best) for the Death Squadron star destroyers in my Navy to test it, then will test it again, but with AT-STs out and Devastator and Death Squadron in. As for LS - well, Rebels just got lots of tactics icons. Will probably try something along the lines of 2x Prep for Battle, 2x Red 2, 2x Rogue 3, 2x Renegade Squad, 2x Sensor are placed. And for the Jedi… well, that's kinda harder what to replace for the Squadron. But they sure could work with Prep for Battle too - it pairs nicely with Guardians…

Ls got lots of options while DS received only terribad S&V set (at least for now) and Destroyers that can make a nice compliment to existing strategies but still need some fire support.

There may be a better thread to post this but it's kinda relevant so I'll just go…

With the Deploy the Fleet objective, as an action am I allowed to take that action as many times as I want/feasibly can do? It was mentioned in another thread just bombing your objective, 1 resource from it and the 5 hp to pay for a 6 cost capital ship, I was juts wondering if this was possible?

To add to the discussion I'm really liking this whole S&S trait play/general shennanigans, I'll be thrilled when Edge of Darkness comes out and I can ignore the Jedi and Sith. Can really see some potential damage coming off a solo C3-P0 attack potentially having crossfire and a stolen Blast icon to destroy objectives!

Yes and no.

You can use the objective's action multiple times.  But there's a space between using it and playing something.  So if you use it 5 times and blow it up, it won't be around to focus to play the ship.

So Defence Upgrade can be potentially used as a free two resource boost. Using the admirals orders and a defence upgrade you could get a Star Destroyer for 1 resource and 1 net damage, I'm thinking this'll make Imp Navy aggro more fun.

Seems like DS is (for now) at a *distinct* disadvantage in terms of controlling Hoth objectives, but on the other hand, The Desolation of Hoth just got a "target rich environment" of objectives to make Sad. (Especially since its pretty easy to sacrifice the right number of units to make sure that The Killing Cold has exactly 4 damage on it for you to move.)

The DS navy decks can have some sick openings with the new set. 

You can drop a Devastator and a star destroyer first turn or an AT-ST and Devastator/ Star Desroyer on turn 1. You kill your hand and put 3 damage on deploy the fleet but its a really fast start that the LS will have to worry about. 

TGO said:

You can drop a Devastator and a star destroyer first turn or an AT-ST and Devastator/ Star Desroyer on turn 1. You kill your hand and put 3 damage on deploy the fleet but its a really fast start that the LS will have to worry about. 

I agree.  Turn 2 Devastator is a REAL problem.  I will gladly pay the 1 resource every turn as well. AT-ST/Stormies hold down the fort while Destroyers crush your face.  Looking forward to this weekend =D

To add to you scenarios, Motti, Star Destroyer (maybe Devastator) and Stormies/AT-ST is also very possible. Good Luck!

To be clear, its unlikely you would play Devastator turn1 unless you had no other option given that you cant attack that turn.  Better to setup some defenses/economy.

Looks like the meta has really been opened up. Rebels and imp navy are now extremely competitive with just one 5 objective expansion. Bravo, fantasy flight.

Hida77 said:

TGO said:

I agree.  Turn 2 Devastator is a REAL problem.  I will gladly pay the 1 resource every turn as well. AT-ST/Stormies hold down the fort while Destroyers crush your face.  Looking forward to this weekend =D

To add to you scenarios, Motti, Star Destroyer (maybe Devastator) and Stormies/AT-ST is also very possible. Good Luck!

To be clear, its unlikely you would play Devastator turn1 unless you had no other option given that you cant attack that turn.  Better to setup some defenses/economy.

Why hold it back? A 1st turn Devastator is a good defense and great offense. They can't risk attacking and letting the Devastator swing unopposed. 

I had 3 games at the regional with 1st turn Devastator and won all 3. 

TGO said:
Why hold it back? A 1st turn Devastator is a good defense and great offense. They can't risk attacking and letting the Devastator swing unopposed. 

Agreed.

Rob Martin said:

No way to preview or edit posts; this is easily the worst forum I have been on in the last 5 years.

If you want to edit a post after the edit button time limit has run out click the report to moderator link and in your address bar where it says "reportar" replace with"editar" . This let's you edit an old post any time you want to.

TGO said:

Hida77 said:

TGO said:

Twi'lek Loyalist or any cheap character with a tactics icon would be a reason.

Hida77 said:

TGO said:

Hida77 said:

TGO said:

Jedi Mind Trick springs to mind. Twi'lek Loyalis is another reason.  Should i continue?

Jedi Mind Trick on Devastator? I'm confused.

The Loyalist is pretty much the bane of any single unit defense for the Dark Side (well, it and its cousin the smuggler). Unless, of course, you have a force choke sitting around.