Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Primus_Magicus

Regionals questions

3 posts in this topic

Hi Just a question, I would like to go to the Word Championship for either (or both) Warhammer Invasion and Android Netrunner. I read that if you win a regional you get a free ticket to the game in Minnesota somewhere in November. What does it mean? Do I only get a free entry pass of also the travel costs to fly over there?

I Live in the Netherlands, we don't have any support here but some events in Germany are within reach by car. If I win one of the events I qualify or do I need to win more/other events as well?

Thanks for the replies

As I understand it, winning a regionals just gets you free entry to the world championship, and a bye in the first round. Everyone can enter the championship, but if you haven't won a regionals, you have to pay a fee. Either way, you'd still have to pay for the flight and lodging yourself. Last year the winners of some national championships in Europe got flight and lodging as prize. I don't know if something like that is planned this year, or if you would be allowed to participate in the German nationals, for example.