Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richsabre

Forum game

169 posts in this topic

Assuming that it's correct (put me in check if I'm not, Rich), here is my next offering:

If one can stomach the presence of spirits, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress.

well done!

so the current clue is mr benhanses'

If one can stomach the presence of spirits, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress.

I shall add a bit to help the clue along!

If one can stomach the presence of spirits, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress in the towers of azure.

I think your riddle is too difficult for us simple folk, Benhanses… complice Perhaps another clue? I wouldn't want this thread to get buried! monomonomono

legolas18 said:

I think your riddle is too difficult for us simple folk, Benhanses… complice Perhaps another clue? I wouldn't want this thread to get buried! monomonomono

If one can stomach the presence of spirits, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress in the towers of azure.

1) It's a location.

2)  What color is azure?

3)  The answer is a single word based on the bolded words in the clue.

…. Nothing's ringing a bell… I got that it's a place based on those two words, and azure is a type of blue… Anyone else have a guess?

Wow… I wasn't expecting this one to be as tough…. Let's go First-Age scholars (there's a minor clue itself)…

Some updated/altered clues then:

"If one can stomach the presence of a spirit, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress in the towers of azure."

1) It's a location.

2) What color is azure?

3) The answer is a single word based on the bolded words in the clue (stomach + spirit).

4) The  Dwarves would be familiar with this Ered Luin location.

i was going to say blue mountains last time but you said it was 1 word…it fits everywhere else though

rich

Raven1015 said:

Belegost?

Bele (belly) + gost (ghost)?

YES!             cangrejocangrejocangrejocangrejo

"If one can stomach the presence of a spirit, you can delve the depths of the Great Fortress in the towers of azure."

I thought I included a lot that would lead right to Belegost, beyond the stomach = belly = bele, spirit = ghost = gost bit… 

1)  Belegost is the Sindarin name meaning "Great Fortress" (included in the clue directly.

2)  Towers of Azure is, of course, a reference to the Blue Mountains  (Belegost was one of two dwarven kindgoms located there prior to the breaking of the world, Nogrod being the other).

3)  I had hoped that "delving the depths" would be a giveaway for the dwarven penchant for digging into deep places

4)  And the "presence of spirits" was a very loose attempt to reference the fact that it (Belegost) was a now-destroyed location

So, well done, Raven

(Rich, you were spot on with the Blue Mountains, of course… was just trying to get a specific location in them…)

Rich and the Blue Mountains got me to the answer, so thanks for the assist!

This may be an easy one, but let's see:

A name of the French persuasion + digging

Rich and the Blue Mountains got me to the answer, so thanks for the assist!

This may be an easy one, but let's see:

A name of the French persuasion + digging

I thought about this one for a year but I'm still stuck.  We need a hint.  :D (start this again?)

Got it... Michel delving

Here is my clue. This is either really, really easy... or really, really hard -- i cant decide which

"Three letters having a chat"

Edited by Cunir