Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
richsabre

Forum game

169 posts in this topic

so with talk of dead forums about…i know this is nothing new, but i thought id try to inject a little activity…..with a word game. this thread is just to see if there is interest. if there is ill go ahead with it, if not then no bother….its not everyones idea of something to do

the word game i had in mind is the following (cant remember the name sorry)…i had the game about a year ago on here

example

my clue = meteorology head

answer = weathertop

clues must be tolkien related

any takers?

rich

ZanzibarLand likes this

cool….we shall do it then! nice one grandspleen

i forgot to say, last time we did this the person who got the last clue correct first goes next (im not just saying that becuase i got it haha)

so heres mine, when i get the correct answer ill post so the next person can do it:

'take with intent to return, lake'

rich

the first part is borrow i'm guessing, and then that makes me want to say "Barrow-Wight", but then the "Lake" part keeps throwing me off. Hmm…

legolas18 said:

the first part is borrow i'm guessing, and then that makes me want to say "Barrow-Wight", but then the "Lake" part keeps throwing me off. Hmm…

youre correct on the first part, as for the second think near moria

:)

(i actually think it may be just a UK english word im using here, though it does feature in the fellowship of the ring…though tolkien was also english….)

Ohhh! Mere! Of course. I kept trying to think of it too technically, like "Borrow" and something else would form an actual word, not just sound like a word. But I see now.

yes i think that is a good idea….from now if its obvious you have the correct answer then just post away

rich

GLORFINDEL!!

that was a good one, i only got it when i was typing this :)

heres my next one:

vehicle, stone

rich

Moments ago, I finally could think of one, I was going to ask it even though I had never guessed any, I wouldn't have asked any otherwise I feared…

… so I was gonna write: fortune + end + mathematics operator; I thought it was clever, only to see it asked and aswered as I opened the thread… well congrats!

lleimmoen said:

With Richard's permition, I'll have a go out of turn anyways…

Famous + Bear

I hate myself for being so bad at diction.

Lurked all day on forum for an unanswered riddle, and I have no clue what this means XD

@ sam , well done! if you want to post another clue theres no problem having two on the go

@ lleimmoen , no problem, id rather people keep the thread going than it die :)

as for the clue, i need to think :)

rich