Sign in to follow this  
Vaapad

Announcing: NYC Regional - June 29, 2013 (updated with stats and results)

5a9d8acd-d61d-498e-9aed-4743eaed3375.jpg

The NYC Meta is happy to announce our 2013 Regional, which will be held on Saturday, June 29, at The Compleat Strategist, 11 East 33rd Street, in Manhattan.

Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m., with the first round of swiss joust starting at 10:30 a.m.  Things will wrap up that same evening, with the finals being played probably around 8:00 p.m.  or so.  The entry fee is $10, and Danny at The Compleat Strategist is now taking names for pre-registration via phone (212-685-3880) or email (complstrat@aol.com).  Those why pre-register by June 15 with get a little something extra on the day of the event.

While competitive melee will not be part of our regional, we will be holding causal melee and other warmup play on Friday night, June 28, for anyone who comes into town early.  

We hope to see many of you there!

Time to start getting excited about your upcoming trip to NYC!!

All the details are above; as you can see, the tournament is less than a month away.  Please pre-register with the store via either phone or email, and if you have any questions, ask here or email me: vaapad.vii(at)gmail.com

Bomb said:

Haha. 

I'm really hoping to make it!  Just gotta figure out the logistics and what not before making a decision!

It's pretty easy to get to if you take a train. Are you going to stay the night or do a day trip?

Bump to the top.  If you're coming in from out of town and need a place to crash, we can host 12 or so guests between several of our members on extra beds/sofas/floors.  Email me directly if you are interested and will need a place to stay: vaapad.vii@gmail.com.  

Additionally, we'll be doing a charity raffle to help out the Oklahoma relief effort after last month's torandos.  It will be a cool chance to help out a great cause and win some unique thrones-related prizes.  So if you're on the fence about coming, do it!

I, too, will be attending this event with 1 - 3 others.  Not entirely certain as to when we will be coming yet, but hopefully we can make the casual melee event.

Coming up THIS WEEKEND!

We currently have 17 players signed up for the Joust, so it should be a great field.  It's not too late to sign up; if you haven't won a regional yet this season, give it one more shot!

18 registered, would love to hit 20.  Anyone out there who has not signed up considering coming?

Also, A Journey's End has been released and thus will be legal. 

By the way, Friday's casual melee will be held at Cranberry Cafe, 115 West 45th street, between 6th avenue and 7th avenue.  Up on the second floor.  People should be there by 5:30, if not before.

Final reminder - the NYC regional is TOMORROW!  Registration will be from 9.30 to 10:30 with be first round of Swiss starting at 10:30 SHARP!  If you suddenly decide to come last minute, walk-ins are fine.  See you all tomorrow!

Here are the full stats:

NYC Regional Stats (Saturday, June 29):

23 Players from NY, CT, NJ, and DC.

House Breakdown:

• Greyjoy: 6
  • Targaryen: 4
  • Stark: 4
  • Lannister: 4
  • Martell: 3
  • Baratheon: 2

Agenda Breakdown:

• The Long Voyage: 11
  • No Agenda/Chargenda: 4
  • Knights of the Hollow Hill: 3
  • Siege of Winterfell: 2
  • Knights of the Realm: 1
  • Power Behind the Throne: 1
  • House of Dreams: 1

Restricted Card Breakdown:

• Fury of the Kraken: 4
  • Castellan of the Rock: 4
  • Long Lances: 3
  • No Quarter: 2
  • Island Refugee: 1
  • Highgarden Refugee: 1
  • Refugee of the Plains: 1
  • Fear of Winter: 1
  • Meera Reed: 1
  • Burning on the Sands: 1
  • The Viper's Bannermen: 1
  • Game of Cyvasse: 1
  • Search and Detain: 1
  • Knight of Flowers (KL): 1

Top 8:

• Martell/TLV/TVB
  • Stark/Siege/FoW
  • Baratheon/TLV/Refugee
  • Greyjoy/TLV/Refugee
  • Greyjoy/TLV/Fury
  • Greyjoy/TLV/Fury
  • Targ/TLV/Long Lances
  • Lannister/No Agenda(Kevan)/Castellan
  • Martell/TLV/TVB def. Lannister/No Agenda/Castellan
  • Targ/TLV/Long Lances def. Stark/Siege/FoW
  • GJ/TLV/Fury def. Baratheon/TLV/Refugee
  • GJ/TLV/Refugee def. GJ/TLV/ Fury

Top 4:

• Martell/TLV/TVB def. GJ/TLV/Refugee
  • Targ/TLV/Long Lances def. GJ/TLV/Fury

Finals:

• Targ/TLV/Long Lances def. Martell/TLV/TVB

**Note that we had 11 TLV out of 23 decks.  6 of the top 8 decks were TLV, and all 4 of the top 4 were TLV.

The charity raffle involved mire than 20 prizes and sold nearly 100 tickets for a total gift to charity of $250. Special thanks to Dave (Vaapad) for organizing this event!

I am truly sorry to have missed this event - but I plan on being more of a presence in the next couple of months and hopefully seeing a lot of folks at Black Friday this fall.

Really sorry i couldn't make this event.

I am truly sorry to have missed this event - but I plan on being more of a presence in the next couple of months and hopefully seeing a lot of folks at Black Friday this fall.

Really sorry i couldn't make this event.

We will be glad to have you back. In addition to Black Friday, we plan on doing a worlds warmup tourney over Columbus Day Weekend. Details and formal announcement to come, but mark your calendar now!

I apologize for the threadjack, but since you're talking about it, have the dates for worlds been set yet?

I think it was announced last year that they were going to be Nov 7-10th this year.