Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mexorlon

The Missing dice alternative

28 posts in this topic

Hi folks

since the dice seems to be surpricenly difficult to manufacture, or is handcrafted in the deeps of karak Azgal?????

pehaps a sticker supplement like the one from Star wars??? Plz FFG help us fill the void

Mex

You know what? Typically I don't care about these threads where we, fans, ask something directly or indirectly towards FFG, because I think we are quite alone here. Nevertheless, this time I am going to care, just in case.

Yes! please Warhammer 3 developer team! next time you produce a POD, please put inside some stickers for dice instead of the cards with the extra rules about mastery and epic levels which we all know by now.

Cheers,

Yepes

But the dice app has a limit of 15 dice, which is a problem when a troll tries to hit a player throwing all kinds of defence on the table.

Only in Europe.  In the states, you've still got:  http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=93&esem=2&esum=173

Products

Products

spacer.gif
WHF03
$11.95
spacer.gif
WFRP Dice Accessory Pack 

Expand your dice pool with this dice accessory pack for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. This package includes:

•  3 Characteristic dice (blue d8)
  •  2 Reckless dice (red d10)
  •  2 Conservative dice (green d10)
  •  2 Fortune dice (white d6)
  •  1 Expertise die (yellow d6)
  •  1 Misfortune die (black d6)
  •  1 Challenge die (purple d8)

Case Quantity: 6 ISBN: 9781589946972
Edited by Emirikol

looks like shipped with a late August date arrival date. I've just checked with my retailer of choice and was able to pre-order several sets from them. finally. hooray.

Only in Europe.

I couldnt get the spanish site to accept my credit card so gave up. Anyway once it goes for sale in US am getting grey magic pack as well.

The numbers in the dice pack are messed though, dont need so many characteristic dice( red/Green), more misfortune dice be better. As it is the misfortune that tends to get added to the pool more often to make rolls more difficult.

Possible to order an individual dice type?

Maybe just have the GM have the Purples and Blacks to add to other rolls, have the players have own Blue, Green, Red, White and Yellow dice.

I have the core set and the GM Vault set. FOr a GM and 4 players (My goal). you think 4 dice packs be enough?

That be a total of with my other sets of

23 Blue

14 Red

14 Green

16 White

11 Black

9 Yellow

9 Purple

Doesnt look like enough :/

Edited by DurakBlackaxe

Only in Europe.

I couldnt get the spanish site to accept my credit card so gave up. Anyway once it goes for sale in US am getting grey magic pack as well.

The numbers in the dice pack are messed though, dont need so many characteristic dice( red/Green), more misfortune dice be better. As it is the misfortune that tends to get added to the pool more often to make rolls more difficult.

Possible to order an individual dice type?

Maybe just have the GM have the Purples and Blacks to add to other rolls, have the players have own Blue, Green, Red, White and Yellow dice.

I have the core set and the GM Vault set. FOr a GM and 4 players (My goal). you think 4 dice packs be enough?

That be a total of with my other sets of

23 Blue

14 Red

14 Green

16 White

11 Black

9 Yellow

9 Purple

Doesnt look like enough :/

I don't feel that's enough at my table with six players. I have 9 yellow, 9 purple and 11 black as well. I want to double that.

For four players I'd say 12 yellow/purple would be fine.

Just added 4 sets to what came in Core/GM kit. Usually run 3-4 players. Seems like that should get the job done. At least I'm not short on them any more.

Edited by Keeop
Emirikol likes this

Just ordered 9 dice packs. That means 18 challenge and 18 expertise. That should be enough now for 6 players.

and enough blue dice to build a second GM screen. :D

Just ordered 9 dice packs. That means 18 challenge and 18 expertise. That should be enough now for 6 players.

and enough blue dice to build a second GM screen. :D

Hehe yeah lol... the dice packs are really stupid that way.

I can't figure out why some of you would need a complete set of dice for every player at the table. We played wfrp3 with up to 7 players and it works. You might need to communicate and ask if someone can give you x of y dice after they rolled but I really don't see any problem with that.

cronevald likes this

I can't figure out why some of you would need a complete set of dice for every player at the table. We played wfrp3 with up to 7 players and it works. You might need to communicate and ask if someone can give you x of y dice after they rolled but I really don't see any problem with that.

I just hate having to look for dice. It's annoying that I have to make sure players keep them organized. It's managable with less dice of course, but having 3 yellow and purple dice for every players will go a long way to make it easier for us. When players sometimes use 4 purple in a dice pool, I as a GM do the same... then 9 purple is just not enough for us.

The 1 Eyed King likes this

I just hate having to look for dice. It's annoying that I have to make sure players keep them organized. It's managable with less dice of course, but having 3 yellow and purple dice for every players will go a long way to make it easier for us. When players sometimes use 4 purple in a dice pool, I as a GM do the same... then 9 purple is just not enough for us.

Oh, I see. We usually just have a box of dice in the middle of the table. But we usually avoid rolling too much anyways because it just takes too long.

Edited by abidibladiduda

We've got 4 players and 1 gm.

We are typically only short of Purple dice, White and Black dice.  I'm thinking I'm just going to break down and order some blank dice and create some scribbles on them (silver paint on the black dice).

Plus, I'd really like one giant purple d8 to drop right in the middle of the table when things are tense (i.e., when the party punishment meter is pushing eleven).

:)

jh

Does anybody know if the newly available dice sets in the US are the standard sets or the revised sets we are getting in Europe ?

The "revised pack" in Europe is:

• 3 Characteristic Dice
• 1 Reckless Die

• 1 Conservative Die
• 2 Fortune Dice
• 1 Expertise Die

• 2 Misfortune Dice

• 2 Challenge Dice
k7e9 likes this

Does anybody know if the newly available dice sets in the US are the standard sets or the revised sets we are getting in Europe ?

• 3 Characteristic Dice
• 1 Reckless Die

• 1 Conservative Die
• 2 Fortune Dice
• 1 Expertise Die

• 2 Misfortune Dice

• 2 Challenge Dice

wow, that would be awesome!

Would be great, challenge dice are the ones that run out most of the time, so getting two in a dice set would be awsome.

• 3 Characteristic Dice
• 1 Reckless Die

• 1 Conservative Die
• 2 Fortune Dice
• 1 Expertise Die

• 2 Misfortune Dice

• 2 Challenge Dice

All of the packs I've ordered so far have shown up standard.

The Revised dice pack is an initiative from French warhammer player... I'm proud to have contributed to it through the french edge entertainment forum.

At last, 2 challenge et 2 misfortune dice per pack, and less reckless and conservative.