Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Suka044

netrunner card sleeves?

27 posts in this topic

ive noticed that FFG has made sleeves for their other games do you think they would make some for netrunner to?

maybe some with a cool circuit design or something on it. some red and some blue

I'll probably get sneered at for this, but I would be very keen on green and purple sleeves with the original logo on them. That would be v. cool.

ODie said:

I'll probably get sneered at for this, but I would be very keen on green and purple sleeves with the original logo on them. That would be v. cool.

Great idea, I would buy them!

I personally like the art on the backs of the cards by default, so I just use the clear FFG card sleeves.  Unfortunately they seem to ALWAYS BE OUT OF STOCK!  enfadado

ODie said:

First thing I did when I picked up my copy of Android: Netrunner was de-sleeve some of my Magic decks to I could put my new cards in green and purple sleeves. :D

If they made some with the old logo I would be all over those too (might even use them for my original Netrunner decks).

~ Tim

I would buy these if they made them as well.  My guess is that they are already in the works, and that for artwork they will be using Corp logos and Runner identities.

I don't think they would make sleeves with the old logo, though. Anyway, I prefer plain opaque sleeves in the factions' colors (or close colors).

All I could think was:

Green...Purple.

...[scoff]...

Purple!...Green!

:lol:

No, but unless the license prevents Hasbro from printing ONR-related material, they could license the old cardback art to a card sleeve manufacturer.

The problem with Netrunner sleeves is that they are less profitable than star wars or 40k sleeves. They can't afford to just release netrunner sleeves as the appeal simply isn't as global. People will buy 40k and star wars sleeves even if they don't play card games attached to those licenses.

You can't say the same for netrunner.

No, but unless the license prevents Hasbro from printing ONR-related material, they could license the old cardback art to a card sleeve manufacturer.

Based on what I know of copyright and licensing, I would guess that this is extremely unlikely.

1. FFG doesn't have the rights to it as almost an absolute certainty.
  2. Hasbro almost certainly retains all rights to the ONR trademarks, but yes, there is also probably a non-compete clause in the contract for Netrunner-related items. Hasbro probably would agree not to publish any related product for the duration of the license's existence.
    • Have you seen the design and artwork for ONR lately? To call it "dated" would be an understatement, so the sole market for anything reprinting that design would be people with nostalgia.
    • They certainly wouldn't go out of their way to enhance a product being sold by another company, particularly given that...
  3. ...Internutt's absolutely right, this would be a niche product with a relatively limited fanbase. 40K, Star Wars, Game of Thrones and LOTR sleeves sell because of the license, not because of the game. Note that those sleeves aren't branded by the logos of any specific game: my FLGS tells me that they sell to people who like that property regardless of what games they play.

Bottom line, it'll be a cold day in hell before we see any artwork or design from ONR showing back up. FFG *might* make generic sci-fi themed sleeves with individual card art (put my vote down for Cyberfeeder or Breaking News sleeves) if they thought they could sell them to the community at large, but I note that there's a general dearth of Sci-Fi sleeves on the wall of my FLGS, which lends me to think there's not a large market.

skwizzle likes this

I would love Netrunner sleeves.

Though, I'm not sure if the printed or graphic sleeves have a large enough market.  I know at one distributor, they have a lot of Star Wars sleeves left over.

Personally, I think the unsold star wars sleeves are because some of the art just isn't very exciting.

Either way, I would definitely buy a few packs of cool cyberpunk art sleeves.

I've ordered some Targaryen sleeves for my runner deck, and eye of sauron for my Corps.  They will have to do for now.  Though Lannister would also be a good pick for corporation.

Edited by Sully4071

I would be all over some Netrunner sleeves. My current flat red and flat blue sleeves are nice, but I'd like to be able to keep my cards protected, AND have a nice looking play board with good card backs. So, I'd definitely leap at the having either Runner and Corp backs, or (with slightly more grumbling) one for each faction.

I like clear sleeves for my card games and use them exclusively. Always have, probably always will. I like the backs of the cards! 

If you ever pick up Alternate Art cards, you *must* use opaque sleeves.

Yeah, I get it, I've seen alternate art cards (in fact I purchased 3x Scorched & 3x Adonis and they just got here today); you can definitely tell they're different. I suppose it just means I'm not going to be running any, unless I eventually decide it's worth getting covered sleeves.

New member here, just going through the forums and popped upon this topic.  Played the ONR years ago and just recently found the new ANR. 

Anyway, when the discussion of card sleeves came up, I found these to be quite useful for Netrunner:

http://legionsupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=148

and

http://legionsupplies.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_5&products_id=147

both are circuitry similar to what one would find in Netrunner.

Enjoy!