Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
wensdeil

Snotling Invasion put on the restricted list URGENT!!!

54 posts in this topic

What are plug, waste and mine?
Either way looks like typical battlefield oriented rush, the type of deck that seems overpowered for new players and is easily dealt with if you're more advanced. Dark Elfs with Hekarti and Pleasure Cults gg.

Wensdeil, could you maybe let a friend post for you. I really want to read your thoughts in proper english.

The Deck you posted however, virgo is absolutely correct there, is a simple rush. Beginners tend to playing non-complex decks and finding it extremely strong. You will have the best chances with dark elves or dwarves, i guess. After some games the rush will be no problem aswell as snotling invasion.

Dark Elves can demolish rush and shut it down completely. Take a look at the following cards via deckbox or else: Offering to Hekarti, Pleasure Cults, Temple of Spite is the core. There is more however: Soul Stealer can steal bigger units, Chillwind can corrupt attackers again and there are also options for stealing money or discarding from your hand that are useful against every deck type. Try Hate, Hag Queen, Shades or else.

Dwarves will be beginner friendly aswell, i suggest cards like Ancestral Tomb and Dance to Loec (with Mining Tunnels) which gives you additional developments to sacrifice. Master Rune of Spite does kill 1hp units and is effective against rush. Duregen Thorgrimson does give a more constant control over the units on the field and My Life for the Hold does prevent damage nicely. Dwarves also have the better economy and therewith should be able to overpower such a deck without any problems whatsoever.

Can we close this sensless thread now or maybe wait for some big ass tournament to show us how imbalanced such decks are? *g*

Card Board Gamers said:

It's a good card, but it doesn't need to be restricted. Put a unit on it. Orcs don't have a lot of ways to take it off.

oh LOL really?

Troll Vomit (expecialy with Wurzag and Arcane Power)

Wolf Gobbos (expecialy with Unending Horde)

Lobber Crew

Smash 'Em!

Easy Pickin

+ non-orc cards like…

Sorcerer of Tzeentch as restriction

Blood Dragon Knight

Wight Lord

My point was they don't have as many direct ways to kill units as Chaos or Dark Elves. Orcs have good overall unit control, but aside from Wolf Gobbos, have to rely on outside tech to target a specific unit.

I changed my stance since that post and feel, for a 0  especially, it is a pretty powerfull card. Not enough to be restriced, but I think it could use an additional loyalty or maybe being limited would tone it down enough.

But as all the Polish guys humbly pointed out, we will see what great combo decks emerge from Wroclaw.

Yep,

i was at european championship and there was no imbaness to be seen with snotling invasion. I even used a deck with 3x ancient map :) but no rush and got beat by darkelf and empire with Hemmler and Red Arrow Coach. There were many Orcs in the Top 16 and i dont doubt they all used the Invasion, because it is a strong card. But in the end there was 1 Orc left in Top 4 and the final was a DE mirror.

You can't get more proof ;)

gr4ffi said:

and the final was a DE mirror.

You can't get more proof ;)

Yep…proof that DE IS OVERPOWERED AND NEEDS TO BE RESTRICTED! Someone do something! Before it's too late.

DE won our little regional but it was End of Times ( or whatever its called ) where we saw huge power hit the battlefield ( 2 Bloodthirsters usually ) . and for a cost of 0 ? come on . that card is messed up .

Here's my question . Why not limit that to one per deck and take the ' discard pile ' discount out ? It's brutal mid game .

Is there affiliation concerns with what gets dropped into the battlefield ? A DE playing high cost Chaos units is nasty without affiliation worries .

Virgo said:

10 unmodifable cost is unplayable.

Hardly …If that was true that would make just about all the epic 10 cost spells unplayable . Sigmar's Brilliance shows no sign of a discount …..Your Will is Mine , same thing … I just think End TImes should not have a discount , they should all cost 10 resources … 'nuff said .

Wonderful...
Expect this faq for a long time, we are very happy.
Thanks.
The problem has been solved,
my congratulations.

Goodbye.

Edited by wensdeil

Let some North Americans complain on brayherd here and they will ban it for sure :D

The reason these forums are always dead is because of negative comments like these.

Post the winners of the German regionals and contribute to the community. No one even knows what you guys are playing.

Mallumo likes this

Hope the new cata cards rock the meta,I'm sure Orc benefits heaps from cards like warlord go smash and Makka which is IMO insane!

3 for 4 hammers is crap?:/

I don't see 4 hammers printed on him, also Grimgor is best and having him in battlefield blocks Grim there.