Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Russian

Another PbP

28 posts in this topic

A LONG time ago, relatively speaking, I shot up a thread for a Deathwatch play-by-post. It was in short a long running, around 18 months, large game, at more than one point we had 16 Astartes, evened out towards the end to about 6 to 8. Anyhow, it eventually died down back in October, as life claimed a few players and I was supposed to head off for things that in the end did not happen.

So.

I would very much like to see if anyone would like to start up a new game?

Was one of the original players in this PbP (best time ever). Now I'm getting back into it but we need more people to join us.

We are, I think this is what we have, of the original players that I've heard from:

Ultramarines Assault Marine (Vario)

Flesh Tearers Assault Marine (Gavril)

Space Wolves Tactical Marine (Magni)

Consecrators Tactical Marine (Isaiah)

Will take up to more players! It was great fun and lots of awesome moments in game and in other IC threads set between missions in Erioch. I would say, and I think the players would agree, that there was an interesting and fun bond between the players' characters. Missions have gone well and badly, fighting thus far traitors, heretics, daemons, Inquisitors and Rogue Traders, and Eldar! I have had a blast GMing it and it was almost never really inactive, slow at some times when life, but combat turns almost never lasted more than a week or so.

Can I join as well if you have any room left in the group??? (if your wondering My characters name is Leonatos a Blood Angels Assault Marine).

Well we do have some room, yes. We had a group just go missing, real life is hectic after all.

Go ahead and register and I'll stick you on the next mission. Also, Nick, I as the GM roll up stats and you can assign that to your assault marine, but I've yet to let anyone bring in a finished character, just so its fair and all. Nothing personal.

We are also in a bit of a lag, but the game is still going on as far as I can tell. It usually picks up, just a slow part of the mission.

where do we register? I dont midn you rolling my stats for me. GM rules, whatever. haha.

No worries - What does the team need? I wouldn`t mind going Dev or Apothecary.

At present we have (active):

1 Apothecary

5 Assault Marines

1 Devastator Marines

1 Librarian

2 Tactical Marines

0 Techmarines

So for now, I may restrict assault marines...

Wow, that is an enormous team. I will fulfill the role of Tech Marine.

So, on the PbP forum that has been home to me for many-a-year, we have an Out of Character thread and an In-Character thread. Is it similar where you are? Can you give me a short run through of what a typical playing session is like please?

Also, Nick, I as the GM roll up stats and you can assign that to your assault marine, but I've yet to let anyone bring in a finished character, just so its fair and all. Nothing personal.

it's ok, can I keep the Name Though (I personally like the name)???

Tech is fine. We max out at 16 players and have a tiered player group, i.e. we have some "veterans" who have been playing since 2011/2012 and the new guys who are Rank 1 but are getting Exp at a higher rate to catch up. We have two squads in the Kill Team.

We also have rotations due to life so spots open up every so often.

Also the name is fine, Nick.

Edited by The Russian