Sign in to follow this  
scythemonkey

[Tool] 40k RPG Tools: Master Bestiary, Master Armoury, Library and more

40kRPGTools.com is growing every day with more resources for GMs.  Here are some of the current features:

Master Bestiary  1500+ entities.  Every Stat'd npc in the 40k RPG universe with source book and page number.  Find critters fast.  

Master Armoury  1100+ weapons.  Complete listing of every weapon in the 40k RPG universe with stat block, source book, and page number.

Master Library  70 books.  Full tables of contents (even when the real book is missing one), and organized by type to help you figure out which book to get next.

Overall Features

• Comprehensive: The goal is to be 100% complete
  • Fast Search Tables: just type in a few letters and get results immediately
  • Filtering Tables: filter your tables by book, setting, entity type, etc.
  • Interlinked:  Books reference their contents, master lists refernece their books and settings, etc.
  • Commentable:  Any item can be commented on if you find a mistake or want to make a note for other GMs.

Enjoy and tell me what you think!

Iku Rex:  Thanks for taking a look!

eBarbarossa:  Thank you!  Yes I'm considering doing an offline edition, I'd need it to be automatically generated so I don't have to keep it up to date when I update the main database.  Which is doable of course.   Out of curiosity why would you need it?  

Stars of Inequity.

And yes, I'm pretty sure it's "Xenos", not "Xeno".

Apex Predator Beast Non-affiliated Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 35
Behemoth Beast Non-affiliated Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 35
Ptera-Beast Beast Non-affiliated Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 36
Shadowed Stalker Beast Non-affiliated Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 37
Venomous Terror Beast Non-affiliated Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 38
Stranded Ork Xenos Ork Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 76
Gretchin Headhunter Xenos Ork Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 76
Huntin' Squig Xenos Ork Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 77
Death Cult Assassin Human Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 77
Hired Gunslinger Human Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 78
Genestealer Xenos Tyranid Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 78
Broodlord Xenos Tyranid Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 79
Sanger Krin (Assassin Hunter) Human Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 80
Rak'Gol Carver (Scout) Xenos Rak'Gol Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 82
Prefectus Primus Marlya, Administratum Satrap Human Imperium Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 110
High Councillor Olayo Jurchen, Colonial Delegate Human Imperium Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 110
Brigadier Barnabus Scheltrum Human Imperium Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 111
Cardinal Karolin Szarkos Human Imperium Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 111
Magos-Commodore Gnothis Trannarch Human Adeptus Mechanicus Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 127
Tech-Priest Ulmir Arvein Human Adeptus Mechanicus Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 128
Corsair-Captain Jalthas Methere Human Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 131
Cymian (Familiar) Servitor Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 131
Yanveb Drallat (Pirate First Mate) Human Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 132
Kanrak (Pirate) Xenos Imperium Criminal Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 132
Kaptin Skellkap Graffletz Xenos Ork Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 135
Skabgob (Ork Kommando) Xenos Ork Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 136
Master Shaper Te’Logk Xenos Kroot Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 139
Stalker Hrrithck Xenos Kroot Rogue Trader Stars of Inequity 139

scythemonkey said:

Iku Rex:  Thanks for taking a look!

eBarbarossa:  Thank you!  Yes I'm considering doing an offline edition, I'd need it to be automatically generated so I don't have to keep it up to date when I update the main database.  Which is doable of course.   Out of curiosity why would you need it?  

We're sometimes playing at a friend's who's living so far from civilisation, that we have no internet connection there. So an offline file would be helpful.

By the way, as you might or might not know, I'm doing the 40kRP armory which you should find on the General RT forum. I've recently added a bestiary section too, Whcih is more or less the same thing you did, just in an Excel format. If your maptool is running smoothly I could throw out the bestiary again, focussing more on the player stuff and not the NPC stuff.

One more thing I'd like to see is a small description of who or what each NPC is. Just something like "Ork foot soldier" or "Xenos mercenary" or something.

The other is: In the 'Type' section you just differentiate between Human and Xenos. I'd like to see the different races brought into that: Vespids, Kroot, whatever. That way we can seacht for the actual species we want.

Oh, and the Navis Primer NPCs are already in the 40kRP armory. Fell free to plunder them! :-)

Iku Rex:  Very helpful, thanks so much for putting that together!   And you are right of course, Xenos not xeno.  Made that correction!  I'll add all of those tonight.

eBarbarossa:  I hadn't seen your work!  Looks like we did quite a bit of work duplication.  Thank you for the offer of your Navis Primer entries, I'll add those right away.  I'd love to collaborate with you on maybe bringing your database online, you've done such an amazing amount of work there.   Your npc mini descriptions are great, very cool idea.  I'm going to PM you so we can connect.

"Captain Mettiere is often accompanied by a creature of unknown origin, called 'Kanrak' This strange beast is considerably larger than a man, with slabs of muscle and a reptilian countenance."

It could be a mutant I suppose, but it's wielding some unusual xenos weapons, so it's probably supposed to be a xenos.

I have several pages of spreadsheets that I've typed up in Google Docs with all the ship hulls and components from all of the RT books (besides the DE one, I have all the books *except* the adventures.) If you want to incorporate it into this, PM me, I'll gladly link it to you.

I'll need to prune out the vitl stats, though, and probably change the page numbers, since they all refer to the charts and not the long entries.

Tell us about it.

Anyway, I was scrolling through the weapons quality tables, and I wondered if it would be possible to add together the qualities that are the same in several books? Like Accurate(RT onwards), Tearing (All?) and so on. The system-specific wording from some effects, like Zealous Hatred and Righteous Fury, could be added in the end. It is rather overwhelming when browsing to see five variants of Tearing, who all are mechanically identical. Most people aren't much bothered by exact wording as long as the rule is still clear.

A few comments on the Rogue Trader library:

There's a second "Free Web Adventure", Dark Frontier. http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_minisite_sec.asp?eidm=78&esem=4

The same page also has the link to Epoch Koronus, another "Free Web Supplement". 

Traitor's Nexus is a "Free Web Supplement" for Lure of the Expanse, so it's in the wrong category now.

You probably know this, but you're missing images for Stars of Inequity and The Navis Primer. (Let me know if you'd like some help making thumbnail images "by hand".)

Also, I can't seem to find your contact information on the site…?

SirFrog:  It's true that many of them don't vary or vary only slightly across books, but they also don't all appear in every book.  The easiest thing is to use the filters on the table to sort by the setting you are playing, then you will only see the relevant qualities.

Iku Rex:  Thanks for pointing out the RT content.  I'll make the fixes tomorrow.  I think I stopped halfway through updating all the resources and then lost my place ;)  As for the book images, yes!  I'm in need of those missing images, if you have them I'd apprecaite it.  I generally only add high rez images to the site, so 1600px+ in the longest dimension.  I've added a contact section to the site, if you have access to those covers you can reach me through there.  Also added the Dark Reign forums, I hadn't realized they were up while Dark Reign itself is down!  Good to know.

scythemonkey said:

As for the book images, yes!  I'm in need of those missing images, if you have them I'd apprecaite it.  I generally only add high rez images to the site, so 1600px+ in the longest dimension.  

Some of the missing images from the Rogue Trader library:
http://imgur.com/TDFjHSa,IFBTOlx,W1GpljC,fBVhzzK,woEwjUJ,PClVnMe#0

The SoI and NP covers are taken from DriveThruRPG.

Up to you if you think they're sufficiently high res.

I wasn't sure if you needed smaller versions, so I didn't make those.

Yeah those are great thank you.  The back covers are a bit lower quality but I'll replace those whenever I finally get those books.  I've added all the covers and I'm in the process of adding the missng supplements.  Thanks again!

Thank you!  If you have any ideas for how I can improve I'd love to hear them.  I don't always have a lot of time to work on it but I've been in the mood recently.

I was perfectly happy with it, but upon (a lot) of reflection, maybe a section indicating where planets have been described/mentioned in the various RPG books? This would be a fairly major undertaking, but I would be willing to take a section of books to help with that? I don't mean the books that just offhand mention one planet as existing, but provide a little bit of background on it so GMs have a quick reference guide for where to find them?

I was perfectly happy with it, but upon (a lot) of reflection, maybe a section indicating where planets have been described/mentioned in the various RPG books? This would be a fairly major undertaking, but I would be willing to take a section of books to help with that? I don't mean the books that just offhand mention one planet as existing, but provide a little bit of background on it so GMs have a quick reference guide for where to find them?

I started this with the RT books.  The ones I went through were the Core book, BFK, HA, EotA, and ITS.  I haven't updated it since then.  The link can be found here.

Hi Erathia, Nameless2all, 

Sorry for the (very) delayed response.  I've been toying with this idea after you brought it up, and thinking about how to implement it.  I have some ideas I like and I think I will get around to working on this week.  As preparation I created a new tool that lets you search all of the 40k RPG books, though it only returns a very small snippet showing the general context of each result to protect FFG copyright.  This makes tasks like figuring out where each planet is mentioned trivial, for example see this search for 41 Pry.

I call the tool Master Library Search and its available on 40krpgtools.com under the Library section.

Thanks for the suggestion and the link!