Sign in to follow this  
zogking

Number of decks allowed?

So I'm thinking of entering a tournament and I've read the rules for it in which it states that you must submit a deck list and that your not allowed to make any changes from it once in the tournament. Does this mean your resisticted to those two decks (one runner, one corperation) or if you submit your deck list with a number of different runner and corperation decks you can then change deck after a match to suit the next situtation? Im confident I could build something which has a bit of everything in it but it strikes me that being resticted to the one deck weakens the stragetic element of building decks. 

Thank you 

zogking said:

So I'm thinking of entering a tournament and I've read the rules for it in which it states that you must submit a deck list and that your not allowed to make any changes from it once in the tournament. Does this mean your resisticted to those two decks (one runner, one corperation) or if you submit your deck list with a number of different runner and corperation decks you can then change deck after a match to suit the next situtation? Im confident I could build something which has a bit of everything in it but it strikes me that being resticted to the one deck weakens the stragetic element of building decks. 

Thank you 

You are restricted to one Runner and one Corp deck. You must submit a deck list (i.e. a count of each card in the deck) for each deck. It does not weaken the strategic element of deckbuilding because you play each opponent at most once unless you both reach the upper eschelons of the single elimination portion of the tournament (if there even is one). This is how things work 90% of the time in CCG tournaments, and while scouting (i.e. asking about/looking at other matches' in play areas) is sometimes an issue, that's more of a player problem and not a game problem, as scouting is universally frowned upon.

Not to mention typically you won't (or theoretically shouldn't) know what deck you are facing next, so it wouldn't do any good to have multiple options available.