Sign in to follow this  
cleardave

Using Han Solo

ForceM said:

Honestly i don't see much sense in him either. I have used Lando and Chewie. They have very useful skills whereas Han's is very very situational and i would prefer the double wookie (chewie and gunner) over him any day. His pilot skill is of course higher, but as we all know this is not always an advantage. Also he takes too many points. If you want upgrades you will be running a two-ship which i personalky don't like. Too squishy, too little firepower even with him plus gunner…

i am not even a YT-hater, i think the ship is quite fine, but Han…

i was pretty wrong there. Han with a gunner imequals danage every turn even if he does not get an action and it is very powerful. I have tried him with Chewie and an elite X-Wing, or an X-Wing and a Y-wing. Both worked marvelously.
Actually it is very difficult to stand up for imperials against this list.
Now i have a second YT and Jan and Chewie in their own ships with gunner each is also very powerful…

ForceM said:

ForceM said:

Honestly i don't see much sense in him either. I have used Lando and Chewie. They have very useful skills whereas Han's is very very situational and i would prefer the double wookie (chewie and gunner) over him any day.

I don't see how you could call Han's ability situational.  It is useful everytime you roll to shoot and don't roll well.  Sure you don't know what the defender will roll on his/her dice, but you know if you rolled well or poorly.

I have called Han's ability a poor man's Target Lock, but in truth I like better than a target lock.  The fact that you don't have to single out the target ahead of time or more importantly spend your action to use it.