Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mdc273

Popularity Check Using Reddit

31 posts in this topic

sabrefox said:

Remember that correlation does not imply causation.  Is Game X popular because of the size of its Reddit community, or is the Reddit community for Game X large because the game is popular?  Much more evidence is necessary to prove that the former is true.

Are you sincerely arguing that growing the Reddit community is unlikely to grow the game's community? Either of your concepts pretty much validates one of my arguments. Either that growing the Reddit community will increase the size of the greater AGoT community or the lack of anything AGoT on Reddit is significant.

@Istaril - Google doesn't provide information unless you're looking for it. Reddit provides information that others are looking for/at that you think you would also be interested in. Google is a search enginge. Reddit is a hive mind where you choose which topics you want to bubble to the top.

Their is a reason that hive minds have a queen. The average person in the mind is dum. Do you really want to read what "the general" public wants to know…topic one how to enlarge you..

darknoj said:

Their is a reason that hive minds have a queen. The average person in the mind is dum. Do you really want to read what "the general" public wants to know…topic one how to enlarge you..

While this might be accurate for the general populace, go check out reddit.com before you sell it as terrible, lol. Hell it's subscription based. If you don't like memes, just unsubscribe from /r/Funny. Same is true of most of the sub-reddits. While I'm loathe to keep bumping this, I feel reddit has a terrible and undeserved reputation here.

*sigh*

Ok, I've broken down. I decided that I'll start cross posting the new episode links to Reddit as well.

Kennon said:

*sigh*

Ok, I've broken down. I decided that I'll start cross posting the new episode links to Reddit as well.

~Attention *****. ;)

Kennon said:

*sigh*

Lmao. I'm not asking you to. I'm actually trying to build the page there. I've seen 3 people join since I started posting links. It's going to be a slight pain as the page is so dead that you can't get enough Karma to post and so you have to message the mod. I'll admit I haven't been posting your link there because I didn't want people to feel like I was advertising for you… I have been posting the articles I find interesting, though! I think half the posts right now are CardGameDB.com articles, lol.

FYI, the audience is 15 subscribers and any random vagabonds that use it. But it's grown by a person a week in theory since I started!