Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Devon Greatwolf

FFG could you please produce card packs/boosters???

37 posts in this topic

And it likely would generate more profit as you are getting money from more people. Some of them are spending less and some are spending more. But by not having the lower cost items available you are leaving money on the table that is available. It always pays to have items at many price points. 

Daeglan said:

If I don't have 30 bucks but I have 10 bucks you should have a way to get that ten bucks.

That's exactly the point, sorry Grimwalker you're wrong. If someone buys 2-3 Firesprays or Falcons it is because they want to play the ship, not for the cards only (dude that would be a really bad buy, as if you find a pack of 100$ and you just keep the rubber tying them together…). Would they have booster packs they could make more money, not less.

Also i lost one pilot card, FFG would probably have sent it to me had i lied to them saying it was missing in the blister pack. But i didn't. Also EDGE selling the french packs in Europe does not even have a proper customer service i could adress. I would pay for it that's not the point but i just can't get replacement. This s*****! They should just make booster packs for people that lost a card, brolke a piece or would like to have certain upgrades. They would sell them with no problem, whereas nobody will buy a whole new ship for such a reason!

Also, FFG could show they areba customer-friendly and competent company unlike others in this business.

I had absolutely no problem getting a replacement dial for my Tie Advanced when the original faded way to "fast"!! FFG responded in a timely manner and were great to work with.  Just my experience in dealing with them.~Ron

I love the idea of something like an 'X-Wing Pilot Booster' pack, something to give even more customability to the game  Eventualy they are going to run out of ships to make, and these packs could keep interest up during the waves of ships and expend the life of the game itself.

I would also love something like limited card variations, like foil or alternate art.  not something that would change the cards stats,  but something different and special so I can say 'I have it and you dont'   lol

RockSoldier said:

I would also love something like limited card variations, like foil or alternate art.  not something that would change the cards stats,  but something different and special so I can say 'I have it and you dont'   lol

I know that they have the 2 different aurebesh titled cards for the game night prizes. thats the kind of thing I mean, but maybe a little more opportunity to get them.  maybe something like a special limited alternate art card available only online for a very short time.

I don't really want to go the collectable route. I find it annoying. Maybe 2 or 3 different packs with specific pilots in each. Maybe do squadron packs. 
IE green squadron, Red Squadron, Rogue Squadron. Maybestart with a Red Squadron pack. Then do a green x-wing expansion pack and then a pilot set. So you can fill out the squadron. And so on. Same for Y-Wings

I don't really want to go the collectable route. I find it annoying. Maybe 2 or 3 different packs with specific pilots in each. Maybe do squadron packs. 
IE green squadron, Red Squadron, Rogue Squadron. Maybestart with a Red Squadron pack. Then do a green x-wing expansion pack and then a pilot set. So you can fill out the squadron. And so on. Same for Y-Wings.

Daeglan said:

IE green squadron, Red Squadron, Rogue Squadron. Maybestart with a Red Squadron pack. Then do a green x-wing expansion pack and then a pilot set. So you can fill out the squadron. And so on. Same for Y-Wings.

I would love to buy pilot card packs that let us fill out squadrons (and maybe even gave us new ones).  I'd dearly love to get Rogue Squadron pilots besides Wedge.  If they were a pack of a dozen pilot cards (and base cardboard for each) for, say, $7.99, I would buy them in an instant. And those are just top of my head numbers.  I'd probably pay more, or pay that amount for fewer pilots. <shrug>

rowdyoctopus said:

Anyhow, you specifically said unprofitable.  All I did was point out, in so many words, that less profit is different than unprofitable.  My guess is that letting players buy the bare minimum of product would still turn a profit, it just might be less profit than the current set up.

Less profit versus more profit is pretty much the definition of unprofitable. They will never do that.

If they reprint Engine Upgrade or Stealth Device with a different ship in Wave 3, that wouldn't be unprecedented at all. But they've put out a certain catalog of products at the present time, and you're saying you want that product but you don't want to buy that product. Sorry, that just sounds like an overdeveloped sense of entitlement to me. And what you're asking them to produce instead is something that would result in less money for them. I'm sorry, but that would just be perverse of them in order to enact. 

Grimwalker said:

rowdyoctopus said:

Anyhow, you specifically said unprofitable.  All I did was point out, in so many words, that less profit is different than unprofitable.  My guess is that letting players buy the bare minimum of product would still turn a profit, it just might be less profit than the current set up.

Less profit versus more profit is pretty much the definition of unprofitable. They will never do that.

If they reprint Engine Upgrade or Stealth Device with a different ship in Wave 3, that wouldn't be unprecedented at all. But they've put out a certain catalog of products at the present time, and you're saying you want that product but you don't want to buy that product. Sorry, that just sounds like an overdeveloped sense of entitlement to me. And what you're asking them to produce instead is something that would result in less money for them. I'm sorry, but that would just be perverse of them in order to enact. 

I have done no such thing.  You are attributing things to me that are not true.  I have not asked them to do anything, I merely said I would buy something like that.  I have made it very clear that there is a chance they make less money, and for that specific reason I have explicitly avoided saying what they should or should not do.

As for saying I want a product but don't want to buy that product, I have no idea how anyone could come to that conclusion, let alone conclude I somehow have a sense of entitlement.  You do understand that exapnsion packs are made up of individual components, right?  And that some of those individual components, while able to work together, also function completely independent of each other?  Of those individual and independent components, I have determined that I would like to have more of some of them, but I do not want, nor need, any more of the other components.  In coming to this conclusion, I have deemed that given my own personal situation and experience with this game, the price tag on the expansions is too high of an asking price for me to spend to only get use out of only some of the pieces.  I thought I made that pretty clear previously

This in no way means that I think the business model should be changed, or that they need or should do anything different than they currently are.  All it means is that I will have to play with less components than I want because I am unwilling to pay the price to get those components.  I have fully accepted this as the way it is.  Were I entitled, I would be complaining and expecting Fantasy Flight Games to cater to my desires and release these components in a different fashion.  I have done no such thing, I have merely suggested that if they were to do such a thing, I would be interested, while also pointing out that doing such a thing might not be in the best interests of them as a business.

So please, take you accusations elsewhere.

Grimwalker said:

sorry, I got mixed up between your comments and the original poster.  My apologies.

No problem.  I was crabby when I wrote that last message too.  No hard feelings. sonreir