Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
executor

Show off your fleets

68 posts in this topic

Right, let's see if I can get this to work.

Rebel fleet:

IMG_20130326_134546_814_zpsf60fc968.jpg

Hm.  Those rebels don't show up very well against that tabletop.  Well, when my starfield mat is ready, I'll take more pictures.  That's 6 X-Wings, 4 Y-Wings, 4 A-Wings, and a YT-1300.

Imperial Fleet:

IMG_20130326_133628_106_zps91fd6297.jpg

There's one full squadron (12 ships) of TIE Fighters, 5 TIE Advanceds, 3 TIE Interceptors, and two Firesprays.  The nice starfield mat should be ready about the time the other TIE Interceptors arrive (enough to round out to a full squadron there, too).

Got a chance to take fleet photographs at Pax East this weekend where I was running lots of X-Wing demo games.  And just wrote up a long blog post on the transport system for carrying it all.  For large fleets, a Plano 5230 is just not adequate  : 3

http://goblinhall.com/2013/03/26/transporting-the-fleet-to-pax-east/

Not available at the time of the photographs was a 3rd Firespray and 4th Y-WIng.

Also put up a short post earlier today on painting the named X-Wing pilots' ships

rebfleet.jpg

impfleet.jpg

haslo said:

All the links go to BoardGameGeek, the images are available in larger sizes there as well.

…and here they are in their storage box:

pic1604497_md.jpg

There are two empty slots in the TIE layer; I've ordered another two TIE Interceptors for those. Should arrive this Friday.

what kind of storage solution are you using?  Would love to know what kind of cases and foam your using.

Gullwind said:

Here is a link to my flickr account. I just put some pictures of my fleet up on it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/94616636@N03/

Very nice.  I love the repaints (not to mention the un-aging done to the Stellar Envoy).  I've got another interceptor awaiting its turn to be converted and painted into a Royal Guard Interceptor, hopefully I can get on that job soon.  I'll eventually be red striping my squadron of interceptors, and repainting the second Firespray, as well as mods and repaints of my rebel stuff.

shade_1313 said:

Almost halfway to my modified ISD Fighter Wing (provided they give me my TIE Bombers):

IMG_20130403_150418_649_zps04957a07.jpg

well i see you're exclusively an imperial player.. but i'm impressed.. that's a really nice looking fleet of ties

do you have that large of a fleet specifically for display? or do you actually play massive games with them?

executor said:

shade_1313 said:

Almost halfway to my modified ISD Fighter Wing (provided they give me my TIE Bombers):

well i see you're exclusively an imperial player.. but i'm impressed.. that's a really nice looking fleet of ties

do you have that large of a fleet specifically for display? or do you actually play massive games with them?

I'm not actually exclusively an Imperial.  I've got a goodly Rebel fleet too, most of which is shown in an earlier post in this topic.  But somewhere, I got a wild hair to do the starfighter compliment of an ISD, and started in on that.  I have always liked big games for my miniature gaming, and do hope to once in a while get to use at least a big part of this mess.  It's going to take a big mat, though, what they're on right now is a 4x4, and you can see it's already pretty crowded.

pic1625665_md.jpg

My Imperial case. The case is from plasticase. $24.99+ 1 1/4" thick precut square for $6.00. I should have gotten the egg foam lid and just reversed it but I got a duplicate thin foam base pad and just glued the popped out square pieces to make up the distance for the lid. I have 1 Tie fighter coming next week

pic1625666_md.jpg

My rebel case. I got this case from work. It has a broken latch and so I claimed it from scrap pile. Also a plasticase.

I have 2 more Y's coming next week.

The white glue has now dried clear.

pic1625674_md.jpg

My complete X-wings miniatures kit. The toolbox has two removable compartments on top. I keep tokens in there and just give one to each faction on setup. I got it at dollarama for $3.00.

Cilionelle said:

shade_1313 said:

Well, at least now we know where all the Wave 2 ships went, particularly the Interceptors… lol

I WAS just accumulating them slowly, as I could find one or two, but then someone posted that CoolStuffInc had them in stock, and I bit the bullet for the remainder of the first squadron.

Here are my rebels. All the ships have at least a little custom paint on them except for one stock A-Wing.

pic1635034_md.jpg

pic1635031_md.jpg

pic1635032_md.jpg

pic1635035_md.jpg

I have 

6 x-wings

4 y-wings

6 a-wings

2 falcons

8 tie fighters

4 tie advanced 

5 tie interceptor

2 slaver 1

i'm hoping one time to play a game were I would get use the all in one game

lightofhand said:

I have 

6 x-wings

4 y-wings

6 a-wings

2 falcons

8 tie fighters

4 tie advanced 

5 tie interceptor

2 slaver 1

i'm hoping one time to play a game were I would get use the all in one game

I have ALMOST as many as you, and I tried to do just that last weekend. I found that the Rebels out-pointed the Imperials by a hundred points, so I had to take off one of each type of Rebel fighter. That evened it up pretty well.

When we played the game, it took forever. Granted, I was playing against someone who was fairly new to the game, but we were averaging a turn an hour. We started at five pm and called it off about nine-thirty. In that time, two TIE Interceptors and one A-wing were destroyed. Some other ships had shield damage, and I have no doubt that things would have started going faster as more ships were lost but we were both getting tired. It was fun, though.

Fleet is still in the stages of being assembled and once it's a little more complete I'll take a few photos.  Currently I have:

* 6 TIE Fighters

* 1 TIE Advanced

* 3 X-Wings

* 3 Y-Wings

I'm hoping to have another 2 TIEs one more X-Wing & Y-Wing very soon after that I'll be getting some more TIE Advanced ahd then start on the Wave 2 stuff.  I'm trying to get at least four of each fighter but probably only one Firespray and YT-1300.

Then I just have to chase the Wave 3 gear…..