Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rowdyoctopus

Well, if we are getting Wave 3 news soon, it will be Wednesday!

41 posts in this topic

I really hope we're not talking about one wave a year. I mean, I don't want to be showered in new ships and such, it's nice to have some lag time in between, but a year? Sheesh. Also, I wonder if the delayed Wave 2 pushed everything back by a few months.

The Amazing Flight Lizard said:

I really hope we're not talking about one wave a year. I mean, I don't want to be showered in new ships and such, it's nice to have some lag time in between, but a year? Sheesh. Also, I wonder if the delayed Wave 2 pushed everything back by a few months.

Possible for sure.  I've only been following the game for a few weeks, but from what I know and what makes the most sense, I would assume FFG wants to be positive on wave 3.  My Falcon and Slave I were manufactured in November and my Wave 2 core set was manufactured in December.  I believe that is after the original planned release.  I wouldn't be surprised if they want to actually get them in production before settling on a definite, public, date.

It could also be that since Wave 2 is basically sold out, they will produce more of that before Wave 3.

I talked to the owner of my FLGS owner and he was at GAMA and he said that FF was surprised at how much demand there is for X-wing. We are out stripping their production ability. So they are not ready to announce wave 3. It is being manufactured according to him. He seemed to agree that Gencon was a likely place to announce or release it.  

Daeglan said:

I talked to the owner of my FLGS owner and he was at GAMA and he said that FF was surprised at how much demand there is for X-wing. We are out stripping their production ability. So they are not ready to announce wave 3. It is being manufactured according to him. He seemed to agree that Gencon was a likely place to announce or release it.  

This kinda echoes what I was thinking.  A-Wings and Interceptors are almost impossible to find at regular MSRP online, let alone the lower prices you typically see.  I know my FLGS cannot order anything from Wave 2 right now, and he didn't even get what he did order.  So I wouldn't be surprised if they were making more of wave 2, and/or doing everything they can to make sure wave 3 will meet demand.

Daeglan said:

That's basically what my thoughts are, too. It seems that every miniatures game FFG releases does better than they thought it would. There are some stores with wave 2 in stock here in the UK, though.

I've still to get some wave 2. It took every ounce of strength I had to not go into an LGS today to pick up a YT and Firespray. Must be good, must be good… :)

rowdyoctopus said:

Its this and Heroclix for me.  Heroclix has been a non-stop fire hose of releases for about a year and a half now.  I could use a slow paced game as far as expansions.  Its funny, because I know it is slow paced, I am spending a lot now and justifying it by saying once I have this I will be set for a few months.  I'm wondering how long I can keep using that justification before I catch on to myself, haha.

I've actually stopped Heroclix since Galactic Guardians.  NECA/Wizkids took a good game with a solid player base and did what they usually do, try to squeeze every penny out of the market (meaning us) they can.  I liked that HClix came out with three releases a year with a couple team releases in the mix.  It was easy to afford and allowed for a lot of enjoyment of each release before the next one hit the shelves.  Even though there has been some cool things like vehicles thrown into the mix now, there is just too many price exploits like single figures instead of five figure boosters.

That rant being said, I love Fantasy Flight for it's ability to give us games we can enjoy with out cleaning out my weekly pay check.  X-Wing has definitely taken the tops spot for my table-top gaming fun now and I hope to enjoy it for years to come.

They had no news for ToyFair and now Gama makes me wonder if their marketing guys are that bad or is the company that small not to have put a plan for a successful product?

More like smart  enough not to announce something till it is ready. IE not pull the mistake they made with wave 2 where they announced and then did not get enough product by launch time so held off till they had enouh stock to launch.

Daeglan said:

More like smart  enough not to announce something till it is ready. IE not pull the mistake they made with wave 2 where they announced and then did not get enough product by launch time so held off till they had enouh stock to launch.

And still ended up having some of the Wave 2 stuff sell out very quickly.

At least they won't give up on the game like this.

I for instance started a Heroclix-like world of warcraft tabletop game, and when i launched myself into it they stopped producing it…

Same thing happened with Aeronautica Imperialis. So i am glad if FFG overshoots their expectations and produce too little instead of having to stop the game because it's not profitable.

ForceM said:

Same thing happened with Aeronautica Imperialis.

"That Company" has decades long history of abandoning anything not in their two core games.  It should be expected.

While I'd love to hear what is in store for Wave 3, and when, getting Wave 2 minis is a bigger priority currently.

Appears most, if not all places are sold out of them, sadly.

Well, at least you guys have Wave 2 to play with and speculate on Wave 3. Here in Singapore, Wave 2 have not even arrive yet! Seems shortages have resulted in us being placed down the list of places to receive shipment:-( I can only drool at the Wave 2 ships for now…

DoubleNot7 said:

ForceM said:

"That Company" has decades long history of abandoning anything not in their two core games.  It should be expected.

Yeah man i know… After each new Codex Sortie in 40k you can basically throw half of your army away and get new Stuff. They call it "Marketing" i guess lol

ForceM said:

DoubleNot7 said:

ForceM said:

Yeah man i know… After each new Codex Sortie in 40k you can basically throw half of your army away and get new Stuff. They call it "Marketing" i guess lol

You know..they wouldn't do that if people said Hell no we are not throwing away half our army and refused to buy the new stuff.