Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holliday88

Tournament Scorecards

41 posts in this topic

I would suggest what MasterJediAdam came with - as it is, your opponents can see your decklist if the card is not folded. And the Decklist area is rather small with only five lines - on the other hand, there is place for 8 matches, which will rarely come into being in a tournament.

My suggestions is to remove the 8th match and put the total strength of schedule little left, so it ends at the same place as the match table does. The Decklist can then be both expanded (if for example someone comes into tournament with only one core, they would need more room) and it can be both folded or cut of and given to the TO.

Other than that, totally awesome. My worries is just that people will have to write really tiny into the decklist area.

And thanks for the reply - I'll send the translation as soon as you are really happy with the finality of the scorecard.

Jedi_Knight said:

I would suggest what MasterJediAdam came with - as it is, your opponents can see your decklist if the card is not folded. And the Decklist area is rather small with only five lines - on the other hand, there is place for 8 matches, which will rarely come into being in a tournament.

My suggestions is to remove the 8th match and put the total strength of schedule little left, so it ends at the same place as the match table does. The Decklist can then be both expanded (if for example someone comes into tournament with only one core, they would need more room) and it can be both folded or cut of and given to the TO.

Other than that, totally awesome. My worries is just that people will have to write really tiny into the decklist area.

And thanks for the reply - I'll send the translation as soon as you are really happy with the finality of the scorecard.

I did think about your opponent being able to 'spy' your deck list before the match. The easiest way to avoid this si to turn your card over until you need to record game results. WIth a blank back you're also being given a place to jot down notes in case you want to record the number of force icons in the opponents hand after you play 'Interrogation.'

As for the number of mathces, I agree with you that 8 is probably a lot. However, I do want this to be as versatile as possible. I will create a 6 match version and you guys can be free to use which ever card you need.

This is fantastic - thanks so much for sharing (and saving me from having to come up with one myself).

Only suggestion I have is to include a match total, which is then followed by the running tournament total column you've already got (but also adding a reference to indicate that it is a running total).

Love your work!

And one more unimportant thing…

With the two separate decklist sections, perhaps title one as "LS Affiliation" & "LS Objectives", and the other as "DS Affiliation" & "DS Objectives".

jasonconlon said:

And one more unimportant thing…

With the two separate decklist sections, perhaps title one as "LS Affiliation" & "LS Objectives", and the other as "DS Affiliation" & "DS Objectives".

Ok, check the first post. 

That looks great.

I like how you've gone and added in "W / L / D" for people to easily circle.  And pre-filled Dark Side and Light Side to each of the match-ups now too - one less thing to have to write.

Now that you've got pre-defined Dark Side and Light Side rows for each match, you could also provide guidance as to which of the extra bits of info are needed in the event of a tie breaker, as follows:
1) In the Dark Side "Dial" field put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides lose as Dark (i.e. both sides win as Light).
2) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, shade this field out as not applicable.
3) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both sides win as Dark.
4) In the Light Side "Dial" field put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides win as Light
5) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both lose as Light (i.e. both sides win as Dark).
6) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, shade this field out as not applicable.

jasonconlon said:

That looks great.

I like how you've gone and added in "W / L / D" for people to easily circle.  And pre-filled Dark Side and Light Side to each of the match-ups now too - one less thing to have to write.

Now that you've got pre-defined Dark Side and Light Side rows for each match, you could also provide guidance as to which of the extra bits of info are needed in the event of a tie breaker, as follows:
1) In the Dark Side "Dial" field put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides lose as Dark (i.e. both sides win as Light).
2) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, shade this field out as not applicable.
3) In the Dark Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both sides win as Dark.
4) In the Light Side "Dial" field put a light grey "W" in the upper left corner, to indicate this applies when both sides win as Light
5) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - You" field, put a light grey "L" in the upper left corner to indicate this applies when both lose as Light (i.e. both sides win as Dark).
6) In the Light Side "Obj. Destroyed - Opp." field, shade this field out as not applicable.

Thanks!

I don't really want to add too much more as I want them to be pretty straight forward and not meant as a replacement for the rulebook. Putting in W's and L's in that area would be confusing with the W / L / D on the left. I don't really want to put all the tiebreaker rules there, just provide a place for the results to be recorded. However, I do like the idea of shading between your objectives destroyed and your opponents. I'll add that.

Question though.  All of the objectives destroyed boxes are applicable, aren't they? Tiebreaker is the total number of objectives you destoryed in the match, not just the game as LS. So you need a palce to keep track of how many you blew up as a DS player. Let me know, I'll be happy to change something if it's not working.

Holliday88 said:

jasonconlon said:

That looks great.

Thanks!

I don't really want to add too much more as I want them to be pretty straight forward and not meant as a replacement for the rulebook. Putting in W's and L's in that area would be confusing with the W / L / D on the left. I don't really want to put all the tiebreaker rules there, just provide a place for the results to be recorded. However, I do like the idea of shading between your objectives destroyed and your opponents. I'll add that.

Question though.  All of the objectives destroyed boxes are applicable, aren't they? Tiebreaker is the total number of objectives you destoryed in the match, not just the game as LS. So you need a palce to keep track of how many you blew up as a DS player. Let me know, I'll be happy to change something if it's not working.

That is how the tiebreakers work

Rather than the little "L" and "W" indicators then, above the 'DIAL' column you could put "LS WIN TIEBREAKER", and above the 'OBJ. DESTROYED' columns you could put "DS WIN TIEBREAKER".