Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Holliday88

Tournament Scorecards

41 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

For those of you who are going to run tournaments, would a scorecard be helpful? I created one and would love to hear if you could use it. 

Blank 6-Match Scorecard v2.3

Blank 8-Match Scorecard v2.3

Blank 6-Match Scorecard - Czech v2.3 Thanks to user Jedi_Knight for the translations!

Example 8-Match v2.1

*Note: In the example card, I filled out the tiebreakers from the example given in the tournament rules. 

Thanks to Dbmeboy for the help!

 

3/17/13 UPDATE: Thanks to everyone for the feedback. It seems the only thing missing was some place to write down decks, so I updated the card to include a deck list. Also cleaned it up a bit.

3/18/13 UPDATE: Simplified the tiebreakers, added a player #.

3/19/13 UPDATE: Added a 6-mtach version.

4/8/13 UPDATE: Added sides, results and split TPs into match and total.

5/2/13 UPDATE: Grey tone behind opponent tiebreaker.

Angus Lee likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are awesome. May I ask if it would be possible to have the template? I am from Czech Republic and for the tournament we are organizing we would very much like to use these - but it would be much better if we can give players these cards in their native tongue, meaning Czech.

Or, if you don't have/don't want to spread the template, may I ask if I can give you the text in Czech the replace the text in English? I am not exactly skilled in whatever you did this in (Photoshop is my guess), so this is a btter option for me. :)

Either way much thanks for these!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like them! Please use them and let me know how well they work for you. I will continue to make tweaks until they are as "user-friendly" as possible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know the example is just that, an example, but you would be wanting to fill out every box of every game, because when the first game ends you don't know the outcome of the second yet…

Either way, looks awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

superradjoe said:

I know the example is just that, an example, but you would be wanting to fill out every box of every game, because when the first game ends you don't know the outcome of the second yet…

Either way, looks awesome.

 

Correct.  But I used the example given in the tournament rules and they don't provide all the information for each game, just the scenario to illustrate a tie break. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OrganicJedi said:

Could someone explain how to fill in the strength of schedule portion. I'm new to this.

 

Ok, so I will be the first to admit I had to read the strength of schedule paragraph in the tournament rules several times to figure it out.

Here's what you do: You add the final tournament point score (TPs) from each of your opponents together, this number is your strength of schedule (SOS). This is the first half of the box. If there are still tied players after this tie-breaker you look at the SOS of each of your opponents. This is the second half of the box.

I will go create an example real quick and post it.

 

Please, anyone. If I have it wrong, speak up! I want to get these cards right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok here's an example that I just made up. After 4 matches (rounds) in a tournament of 8 people:

Tom - 13 pts
Kris - 13 pts
Chad - 12 pts
Sean - 12 pts
Greg - 11 pts
John - 10 pts
Nick - 8 pts
Sam - 7 pts

To determine the winner, a SOS tiebreak will need to be used. 

Tom played Nick (8) + John (10) + Greg (11) + Kris (13) for a total of 42.
Kris played Nick (8) + John (10) + Sean (12) + Chad (12) for a total of 42. Since these two players are tied, it will have to go to a opponent SOS tiebreak.

For Tom it will be Nick (SOS 48) + John (SOS 46) + Greg (SOS 38) + Kris (SOS 42) = 174

For Kris it will be Nick (SOS 48) + John (SOS 46) + Sean (SOS 38) + Chad (SOS 36) = 168. Tom will win the tournament.

 

Here you can see how I filled out a card and in pink below made notes for the other players.

Example SOS scorecard

 

So, does this make senese and am I understanding the SOS tiebreak correctly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ScottieATF said:

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

 

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have an idea to make this a little better: incorporate the decklist along with this. Since the decklist is basically 10 sets of 6 card OSets, it might be able to fit on a half sheet. In this way, the document could be all inclusive. When paring, simply fold the document in half to cover the list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

 

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

 

 

 

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

No I get why you have to record objectives scored, just why you seperated them rather then just having the objectives that player destroyed in the game.  I don't iike having the two numbers for different players on the same line .  I feel like people will add those together rather then thier LS and thier DS objective scores

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ScottieATF said:

Holliday88 said:

 

ScottieATF said:

 

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

 

 

 

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

 

 

No I get why you have to record objectives scored, just why you seperated them rather then just having the objectives that player destroyed in the game.  I don't iike having the two numbers for different players on the same line .  I feel like people will add those together rather then thier LS and thier DS objective scores

 

Oh, I see what you mean. Good point, let met think on it. I wanted to have all the tiebreakers on one sheet so the TO didn't have to compare sheets in case of discrepancy. But, I do like the consistency of  always recording only your own results.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MasterJediAdam said:

So I have an idea to make this a little better: incorporate the decklist along with this. Since the decklist is basically 10 sets of 6 card OSets, it might be able to fit on a half sheet. In this way, the document could be all inclusive. When paring, simply fold the document in half to cover the list.

 

Do you mean something different from v2? I added a deck list to the side of the card.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Holliday88 said:

ScottieATF said:

 

Holliday88 said:

 

ScottieATF said:

 

Is there a reason you have seperated light side and dark side objectives?

What program did you use for this?

 

 

 

Yes. The DS tiebreaker is total objectives destroyed in the match. So you need to record the number you destroyed as LS as well as DS. 

I put this together with InDesign. 

 

 

No I get why you have to record objectives scored, just why you seperated them rather then just having the objectives that player destroyed in the game.  I don't iike having the two numbers for different players on the same line .  I feel like people will add those together rather then thier LS and thier DS objective scores

 

 

 

Oh, I see what you mean. Good point, let met think on it. I wanted to have all the tiebreakers on one sheet so the TO didn't have to compare sheets in case of discrepancy. But, I do like the consistency of  always recording only your own results.

 

 

maybe rename them to specify better objectives you destroyed vs your opponents, that way you still have all the info on one card, but they will be clearer as to what to compare to what.  and at least they will be vertically next to each other as opposed to caddy corner like now.

also any though to renaming the "tie" slot as just "bonus" and making it just one box as opposed to two, since you'd never be marking more then one box of it if that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0