frogemoth

Misfortune question

The spell states that you can cast this when a player is about to roll a die, the question is can this be used when a player is rolling the attack roll of a monster? We argue about this since it is not the character's turn but he his still rolling a die. We allowed it and as such a player was killed by the vampire prince.

Funny thing happenned with the Misfortune spell in our last game, I had twice the spell in possession, a roll a 1 for my movement, the player I wanted to kill was 1 square away from the reaper, I rolled the die didn't get a 1, used a fate to reroll and cast Misfortune on me, and then on the other player, very upset player ;)

frogemoth said:

The spell states that you can cast this when a player is about to roll a die, the question is can this be used when a player is rolling the attack roll of a monster? We argue about this since it is not the character's turn but he his still rolling a die. We allowed it and as such a player was killed by the vampire prince.

When a player rolls a die for an Enemy, this roll can't be considered as a roll made by a character, otherwise the rolling player might use his fate to reroll the Enemy's attack roll (which is not allowed, as we all know). However, I don't understand how making the Vampire Prince roll a 1 could make things worse for the character who is fighting against him.

Well if I remember correctly the rules specifically state that you cannot use fate when rolling the die for a monster, however the Misfortune spell doesn't state so. Agreed my example was wrong, but in this case I justed wanted to recycle the spell as I was stuck with it as nobody was rolling 1 for their move :(

•  
  • ///Misfortune: Cast on any character who is about to roll a die. That die automatically rolls a “1” result and cannot be rerolled.///
  •  
  • hello guys !
  • Can I cast Misfortune on a player rolling "for" a Creature or Ennemy ?
  •  
  • Ex 1 : I fight an Ennemy Dragon , the dragon 's attack score is rolled by the character on my Left.
     Can I cast Misfortune on him to make the Dragon Roll a 1 to win the fight easily ?
  •  
  • Ex 2 : You are on the Crown of command, the endind card is "The Hand of Doom"
  • ///The Hand of Doom : A character on the Crown of Command must roll 1 die for the Hand of Doom during each of his turns:
  •            1) All characters are killed, – all players lose the game.
  •            2-3) Lose 1 life.
  •            4-5) Choose one character; that character is killed. If all other characters are killed, you win the game!
  •            6) All other characters are killed – you win the game! ////
  • Can I cast misfortune on you to make you roll a 1 for The Hand of Doom ?
  •  
  • Ex 3 : I am in the inner region where I must "Dice with Death"
  • ///Dice with Death : Roll two dice for yourself and two dice for Death.
  • If the scores are equal: Dice with Death again on your next turn.
  • If your score is lower: Lose one life and Dice with Death again on your next turn.
  • If your score is higher: You may move on your next turn.///
    Can I cast Misfortune on Myself when I am rolling For the Death's score to make 1  dice result to a 1 ?

Let me remind you for exemples 2 and 3 that page 18 of the rulebook say :
    "None of the creatures in the Inner Region can be affected by any Spell, nor may they be evaded." 
    For me, it's clearly a creature affected by a spell ! So it can't work
  •