Sign in to follow this  
KnightShift

This game needs more female pilots!

When the TIE Bomber comes out it should have this lady as an available pilot:

I don't know what her name is but she needs to be canonized as a real Imperial TIE Bomber pilot and turned loose on the Rebels!! :-D

(And some Rebel lasses would be fun to fly too!)

PRINCEOFDANKNESS said:

**** that was a badass clip!

seconded

now i feel like i wanna play more imperial lists over rebel lists once again.. 
bahh.. just when i was really starting to love playing rebels

BaronZaltor said:

If they took pilots from the post RotJ era, Jaina Solo was a strong pilot.

Big issue there is that with the post-RotJ Expanded Universe now in state of severe flux/possibiilty of being scrapped entirely because of Episodes 7-9 then Jaina may soon not "exist" at all according to official canon.  LFL keeps *really* tight control of continuity on stuff like that when it has to.

Including even an iconic character like Darth Vader no doubt involved some ridiculously crazy paperwork between LFL and FFG.

The upside of it though is that we get a game that really does FEEL like real Star Wars :-)

R5Don4 said:

There's Howlrunner, and of course Kathy Scarlett.  Yeah sure we could use a Sally, a Mary and maybe a Jenny.

Howlrunner is female?!

I was flying her all night this past Tuesday evening!!  Had no idea she was a lady.

(I need to add that she was the last standard TIE Fighter pilot left - out of 4 Fighters and 2 Interceptors - against the Falcon/Chewbacca with Luke in gunner seat and Wedge Antilles.  Yeah 6 ships to 2 and I lost baaaaad…)

One learns something new every day :-D

KnightShift said:

R5Don4 said:

There's Howlrunner, and of course Kathy Scarlett.  Yeah sure we could use a Sally, a Mary and maybe a Jenny.

Howlrunner is female?!

I was flying her all night this past Tuesday evening!!  Had no idea she was a lady.

(I need to add that she was the last standard TIE Fighter pilot left - out of 4 Fighters and 2 Interceptors - against the Falcon/Chewbacca with Luke in gunner seat and Wedge Antilles.  Yeah 6 ships to 2 and I lost baaaaad…)

The number one thing I learned from these forums: Howelrunner (my personal TIE pilot) is indeed female.

Civé Rashon was a female TIE pilot in the Imperial Navy during the Galactic Civil War. She led Obsidian Squadron, an elite TIE squadron stationed aboard the Star Destroyer Avenger, and was given the call sign "Howlrunner". In 3 ABY, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron participated in the takeover of the planet Bespin and in the pursuit of the fugitive Rebel starship, the Millennium Falcon, as it escaped the planet. A year later, Rashon and Obsidian Squadron fought in the Battle of Endor.

She was identified on her own card in the 1998 Special Edition Limited expansion set of Decipher's Star Wars Customizable Card Game.

…so I'm gonna geek out here for a minute. The canon problem with women in Imperial combat roles is that the Empire effectively has two enlistment tracks: one for human males, and one for everyone else ("NHM", for Non-Human Male). Women and aliens were not drafted and were discouraged from joining, and when they did persist they were generally diverted into support or administrative roles.

With that said, I would love to see a couple more female pilots borrowed from the EU and introduced into the game--particularly on the Rebel side, which is supposed to be much more egalitarian.

Vorpal Sword said:

…so I'm gonna geek out here for a minute. The canon problem with women in Imperial combat roles is that the Empire effectively has two enlistment tracks: one for human males, and one for everyone else ("NHM", for Non-Human Male). Women and aliens were not drafted and were discouraged from joining, and when they did persist they were generally diverted into support or administrative roles.

With that said, I would love to see a couple more female pilots borrowed from the EU and introduced into the game--particularly on the Rebel side, which is supposed to be much more egalitarian.

Here's something I came across this morning from http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Non-huMan

"When composing notes on the background of his universe for licensees in 1977, George Lucas suggested that female stormtroopers were not uncommon in the Empire, though few were stationed on the Death Star. They were probably located in other units. As such, the bias against females in the Empire as represented in the Expanded Universe appears to have not been a part of Lucas' intent."

Interesting…

KnightShift said:

R5Don4 said:

Howlrunner is female?!

Should Howlrunner not have the ability to do two actions as she is female and can multie task?