Sign in to follow this  
Horseshoe068

Whats Next? Anyone Know?

Just wondering if anyone has read or heard of when or what Wave 3 will include and how long? Always on the look out for more things to collect lol. Looking forward to playing some tournaments soon.

Rumors have it Wave 3 will contain upgrade cards. That being said I believe they will maybe only release the TIE bomber and B-wing with wave 3, and hopefully a senators shuttle, proximity mine, and astroid models, just for giggles.

B-Wing and Bomber are pretty much given. I wouldn't be surprised if a Death Star type turret ends up in Wave 3.  I really hope FFG doesn't add the Headhunter; it's old and inferior to the X- Wing.

Punishstone said:

B-Wing and Bomber are pretty much given. I wouldn't be surprised if a Death Star type turret ends up in Wave 3.  I really hope FFG doesn't add the Headhunter; it's old and inferior to the X- Wing.

I like the first two…there almost a given. Gun tower would be fantastic and T-4 Shuttle…could be both Imperial and Rebel. The Headhunter at this point would disappoint me but later would be fine.

Punishstone said:

You don't want the Z-95 because its old and inferior? Okay lets remove the Y-wing, Firespray, and YT-1300 since all these ships are inferior and old compared to the modern starfighters. 

The Z-95 easily can fill a role of a cheap fighter with shields and missiles that the Rebels can use and its also one of the most recongizable EU fighters of all time alongside the Tie Defender, and YT-2400.

One option for a second Wave 3 Imperial ship I thought of would be the Chiss Clawcraft, though I don't know how well that would fit in with the timeline, or if different enough from the TIE Interceptor to be worth it.

gabriel69 said:

a new starter for battle of Hoth, with 2 Speeders 1 AT-AT and tokens for AT-STs and Turrets, and rules for air to ground combat.

I love this Idea but would love to see models Instead of tokens for the AT-STs and Turrets.

Since B Wing and Tie Bomber seem to be the selection for most players to see in Wave 3.

I'm going to add Dash Rendar's Outrunner to the list, but since it would be a large bases ship, I doubt it would make the cut.

Outrider.jpg

plokoon9619 said:

Punishstone said:

You don't want the Z-95 because its old and inferior? Okay lets remove the Y-wing, Firespray, and YT-1300 since all these ships are inferior and old compared to the modern starfighters. 

The Z-95 easily can fill a role of a cheap fighter with shields and missiles that the Rebels can use and its also one of the most recongizable EU fighters of all time alongside the Tie Defender, and YT-2400.

Yeah but theres no minis for these "modern starfighters" while there is a X-Wing mini.  I don't want a z95 mini when the superior X-Wing mini exists.

With their RPG debuting with Edge Of The Empire, and the LCG about to get "Scum & Villainy"/"Smugglers and Spies," it wouldn't surprise me if they added a Neutral faction at some point. 

It's all just farts in an airlock until they announce something though.

Grimwalker said:

With their RPG debuting with Edge Of The Empire, and the LCG about to get "Scum & Villainy"/"Smugglers and Spies," it wouldn't surprise me if they added a Neutral faction at some point. 

It's all just farts in an airlock until they announce something though.

well the Lambda should be neutral

Rumour has it Wave 3 has been playtested for a while now.  FFG uses a group of about 70 playtesters who are more or less part of the general public, so the info is out there but they are not talking.

You know what I want to see?

A mission book.

Just like 10/15/20 official mission scenarios to add a bit of extra flavour to a points battle. Or even an extended campaign.

Especially if it had a Descent 2ed style mission structure that changed based on Rebel/Imperial victory.

Release a few of them that each tell an epic story in the Star Wars Universe (could add mission specific tokens to make it feel like your not just buying a book - but actually getting extra game components).

I know I would buy them… don't FFG like money? 

Please TAKE MY MONEY!!!reir

There's certainly a wealth of ships from the X-Wing and TIE Fighter games that would geek me out to have in physical form, and would almost certainly necessitate a neutral faction (I'd hoped the Slave I would debut that faction, but alas). However, it's hard to predict if the general public would want to buy any of those ships.

But: are any X-Wing players actually part of this 'general public', or are we all geeks like me? reir

Macnme said:

You know what I want to see?

A mission book.

Just like 10/15/20 official mission scenarios to add a bit of extra flavour to a points battle. Or even an extended campaign.

Especially if it had a Descent 2ed style mission structure that changed based on Rebel/Imperial victory.

Release a few of them that each tell an epic story in the Star Wars Universe (could add mission specific tokens to make it feel like your not just buying a book - but actually getting extra game components).

I know I would buy them… don't FFG like money? 

Please TAKE MY MONEY!!!reir

Single pack, with mission book, new cards and special tokens for the missions.

i hope they focus on movie ships only, need to keep focus for now, but we need air to ground rules and a battle of hoth pack.

Actually, and this may sound bad coming from someone who has Hoth in his screename, I really hope they DON'T do anything related to the Battle of Hoth. I mean, ESB has been out for 33 years. The Battle of Hoth has been DONE to death by every company who can pony up the dough for a Lucasfilm Licence agreement.

As cool as snowspeeders would be for this game, this is a space dogfight game, not a ground assault game. Doing ground assault stuff just doesn't gel with this game's mechanics or the feel of it, IMO. The same goes for Cloud Cars and T-16's, to name a few. Those are all atmospheric ships, so I just don't think they fit in this game. And I would be surprised, and a little disappointed, if FFG decided to try and incorporate them into this game.

That being said, now that FFG does have a licence agreement, they could create a different game that would include the Battle of Hoth, and it is included in the LCG. My hope is that they do something like that rather than trying to fit it into this game. That would be like trying to fit a round peg onto a square base. Wait…

I'd love to see some prequel stuff. Ok, the movies weren't great, but they had some awesome tech, especially the fighters the clones used. I'd say I'm in the minority here though, most people seem to want to forget those movies were ever made. I can also see stuff coming out to tie in with the new movies as well when they come out.

I agree with Hothie. This is a space game.

BTJ said:

I'd love to see some prequel stuff. Ok, the movies weren't great, but they had some awesome tech, especially the fighters the clones used. I'd say I'm in the minority here though, most people seem to want to forget those movies were ever made.

You're not alone. Say what you wll about the films, I love some of those ships. The Naboo N1 and the ARC-170, in particular, I would love to have…

I have to say, I don't want to see this game expanded beyond what it is supposed to be.  I am fine with the B-wing and the TIE Bomber.  I think they would add something.  I don't really care one way or another with the shuttle, It really isn't a combat ship, so I don't really think it belongs in dogfights, beyond an objective.

I wouldn't mind seeing X-wing sequal games for other erras, like the way FFG does with their 40K role playing games and how they seem to be with the new Star Wars RPG.  But X-wing is a great game, just adding more so they can add more could ruin it.

What I would like to see would be pilots, they could come out with some repaints, but I would be fine with just new pilots.