Sign in to follow this  
Stile2112

Got my Wave 2 ships today… WOOT!!!

I picked up (2) Firesprays, (2) Interceptors, (3) A-wings.  I already had the YT-1300 and one Interceptor.  This was not my whole order however.  LGS only got 1/3 their order for teh smaller vessels.  Some people far down on pre-order list got none!

What's up with the shortages?

Got me my lovely grubby Slave-1.  Couldn't take the grin off my face all night.  My son saw it this morning and declared it as 'awesome!'.  Cannot wait to get this thing on the table.

DoubleNot7 said:

I picked up (2) Firesprays, (2) Interceptors, (3) A-wings.  I already had the YT-1300 and one Interceptor.  This was not my whole order however.  LGS only got 1/3 their order for teh smaller vessels.  Some people far down on pre-order list got none!

DoubleNot7 said:

Speaking to one retailer i was told there would be no X-wing or TIE fighter blisters till may.  Now how reliable this is s unknown but it does seem supported with what ive seen with LGS in the UK.  Seems FFG still cant support this game to the levels i would have hoped they could.

One of the larger game stores in the city did receive Cores and X-wing/tie Expansions with the shipment of Wave 2.

Though pretty much every store I have checked is out of Tie Int… Plenty of Falcons/Slaves and a few A-wings left…

My shipment arrived today.  In conversation with my game store, they said that the TIEs were the only thing they weren't sure they'd be able to fill for me, but luckily they were.

Gotta say, love the extra punch they offer, and the slave is just a joy so far.

Added Slave 1, an Intercepter and A-wing. I'd spent the last 5 weeks playing pickup games with the guys at the LGS using my stuff, pushing how much fun the game was. New stuff arrives and its almost all gone before I get there. reir

Got 1 Firespray, 1 YT, 3 TIE Interceptors, and 2 A-Wings. Thinking about getting another A-Wing, and another Firespray since the thought of running two Firesprays sounds like a blast. I'm happy for everyone finally getting their stuff. We've all waited so long :)

Jfitz1431 said:

Got 1 Firespray, 1 YT, 3 TIE Interceptors, and 2 A-Wings. Thinking about getting another A-Wing, and another Firespray since the thought of running two Firesprays sounds like a blast. I'm happy for everyone finally getting their stuff. We've all waited so long :)

Still have no stuff. My US order is still showing up as pre-order. As far as I know, this vendor has filled none of the pre-orders yet. My local store in Canada has had 1 of each ship only, which sold out in 2 hours. Anyone's guess of 1-4 weeks of waiting is as good as the next.

Cadfiel said:

I have to say im not impressed by Wayland games.  

They seem to ignore pre ordered units in their calculation of whats "In-stock", been caught out by a statement of stock due in and then when questioned been informed that those were for a previous order…so you had none due in because you had none available to sell. They dont seem particularly swift at shipping…mind you to that matter neither are any of the other UK shops ive found.  

Im still looking for a good reliable shop that can offer a courier / next day delivery that doesnt also include free extra "1 to whenever we can be bothered sorting it" delay.

Well they have not responded to my email query. Although I finally got notification yesterday that my order has shipped.

My wife has heard nothing on her order and after trying all week, finally got someone to answer the phone this morning.  After some faffing around and checking by their customer service, she was told her order was in the queue to dispatch today.

WTF? She put her pre order in nearly 2 weeks before I put mine in.  Pound to a penny hers would not have been in the shipping queue if she hadn't chased it.

I have come to the conclusion Wayland are shipping on a 'who shouts loudest, gets shipped first' basis.

Bloody awful service all round. We will not be using them again.

I was able to pick up my Falcons and Slave Is from the apartment office today.

I spent the morning cataloging the inventory of cards, tokens, etc. and trying to get them to fit with my Wave 1 ships in my tackle box.  I upgraded to a Plano 3952 from Amazon (which is really just two Plano 5231s melted together).

I had to perform a little modification to make room for the large bases and the ship and bomb tokens, but it looks like I'll have room for the AWings and TIE Interceptors when they arrive next week.

Yay!

Weyland are great for certain items that have been out for a while already, but if they are messing around preorder customers this much I would recommend using Gameslore.  I got my order from them pretty quickly and they have never let me down on over 100 orders I have made from them in past 4 years.  They don't stock as wide a selection of games as Weyland, but their customer service is far better in my experience.

Also I would like to thank everyone who uses these boards, a few maneuvers and boardgamegeek for visiting my X-Wing guides.  I just added the A-Wing guide today and will be updating tomorrow with the TIE Interceptor.

picked up mine the other day on my way to ECCC, ended up picking up 2x A-wings (bringing total to 4), 2x Tie Interceptors, 2x Falcons and 2x Slave 1's

then went back early this morning to pick up 2 more interceptors but they were all sold out of wave 2.. here's hoping my local game stores get in enough stuff as i never made any pre-orders.  At least i have everything i need for now though :D

Érikson said:

I'm quite desapointed because the rear (engine/truster) of my millenium falcon isn't painted.

Is it the same for every model?

I would guess so, mine isn't painted either… was a little disappointed no white/blue paint applied.  Maybe to keep costs down they only use X number of colors/washes on the model?

On the other hand, I think the model is incredibly detailed.  The exhaust marks on the ports is a nice addtition, though I do wonder why if the engine isn't running (no thruster paint) to being with:)