Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Stile2112

Got my Wave 2 ships today… WOOT!!!

Recommended Posts

I just find it interesting that my game store here in Northern California got their Wave 2 shipment first. I know they arrived at least by early Monday and one of the staff members hinted that it was on Friday. It just amazes me that the big online sellers are behind.

I just feel bad that you all don't have these in your hands right now…. I really do.

I almost want to buy up the lot and send them out to you all :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mu0n said:

Right-Titan said:

 

I got confirmation that my order (in Canada) has shipped and should be here in 1 to 7 days. :)

 

 

 

Where did you order from?

 

 

www.playtimegamesonline.com

 

Good online shop. It says preorder and sold out still but from what I understand if you place an order and he has it he'll fill it. If not you get a refund. 

I know the guy personally, worked out for me so far :) happy to endorse him. 

 

Bear in mind that you will get a separate pay pal invoice for shipping. Mine was only 11 bucks or so though and if you're local to Ottawa you can arrange pickup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can anyone who has a millennium falcon measure it from the bottom (of the ship itself) to the highest point (top of the radar dish)?  I finally have my storage system sorted out except I'm not 100% sure if the falcon will fit in the compartment I've alotted for it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My coolstuffinc pre-order still sitting in pre-order state, I ordered on 10/18.  I have seen reports of Sept pre-orders shipping from them.

A small local gaming store got some in-stock but most were allotted to pre-orders so I could only get a falcon, slave and a-wing.  There were only 1-2 left of each for general public.  Not a big deal for me, I have a waaaay tooo large pre-order coming.

They did say they were probably getting another shipment today, a bigger game store is also expecting their shipment today as well.

 All I can say is WOW the large bases are really large once you put them on a mat and compare to the other ships.

 

LargeBase_compare_zpse1268b82.jpg

 

Falcon has awesome detail… The a-wing is pretty impressive too give how small it is…

Falcon_detail_zps9b936ae5.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dandirk said:

 All I can say is WOW the large bases are really large once you put them on a mat and compare to the other ships.

I was really surprised too - the base is HUGE!  I played a game last night against  Krassis, and that huge base was easy to block / predict.  On the other hand, even though he didn't get many actions, it didn't really matter either - he consistantly hit 3 times with the Laser Cannon, and 4 times if I could get a focus off.  My poor A-Wing got shredded fast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well I broke down and stopped by the LGS last night and picked up an Interceptor and A-wing.  They were literally unpacking the order when I arrived, so I was the first to buy.

Only $17 as I get a club discount and had earned  small rewards credit due to prior purcahses.  Since I won Slave 1 during KRT I will just have to wait for my MM order to arrive next week for the Falcon and 2ea of the Interceptor and A-Wing.  This should hold me for awhile. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgame124 said:

 

dandirk said:

 

 All I can say is WOW the large bases are really large once you put them on a mat and compare to the other ships.

 

 

I was really surprised too - the base is HUGE!  I played a game last night against  Krassis, and that huge base was easy to block / predict.  On the other hand, even though he didn't get many actions, it didn't really matter either - he consistantly hit 3 times with the Laser Cannon, and 4 times if I could get a focus off.  My poor A-Wing got shredded fast.

 

 

Yeah there was 2 guys playing when I went in to pick up the ships… I was completely shocked at the size of the base, expected it to be bigger, just not that big lol.

From what I heard you get used to moving those suckers, but it looks like either you evade everything and use the 360 fire or just not expect a lot of actions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dandirk said:

My coolstuffinc pre-order still sitting in pre-order state, I ordered on 10/18.  I have seen reports of Sept pre-orders shipping from them.

A small local gaming store got some in-stock but most were allotted to pre-orders so I could only get a falcon, slave and a-wing.  There were only 1-2 left of each for general public.  Not a big deal for me, I have a waaaay tooo large pre-order coming.

They did say they were probably getting another shipment today, a bigger game store is also expecting their shipment today as well.

 All I can say is WOW the large bases are really large once you put them on a mat and compare to the other ships.

 

LargeBase_compare_zpse1268b82.jpg

 

Falcon has awesome detail… The a-wing is pretty impressive too give how small it is…

Falcon_detail_zps9b936ae5.jpg

 

Congratulation, It's look incredible, I really want mynes, thanks for the pictures, grettings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say im not impressed by Wayland games.  

They seem to ignore pre ordered units in their calculation of whats "In-stock", been caught out by a statement of stock due in and then when questioned been informed that those were for a previous order…so you had none due in because you had none available to sell. They dont seem particularly swift at shipping…mind you to that matter neither are any of the other UK shops ive found.  

 

Im still looking for a good reliable shop that can offer a courier / next day delivery that doesnt also include free extra "1 to whenever we can be bothered sorting it" delay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked up a TIE Interceptor, and both big ones. My local gamestore had an unofficial tournament (I think it was 4 people or so), so I got to try out the Interceptor and the Slave 1. The Interceptor didn't function as well as I thought it would (it might just be me), but I really liked the Slave 1, which I outfitted with a very interesting combo (Gunner and Heavy Laser Cannons). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cadfiel said:

I have to say im not impressed by Wayland games.  

They seem to ignore pre ordered units in their calculation of whats "In-stock", been caught out by a statement of stock due in and then when questioned been informed that those were for a previous order…so you had none due in because you had none available to sell. They dont seem particularly swift at shipping…mind you to that matter neither are any of the other UK shops ive found.  

 

Im still looking for a good reliable shop that can offer a courier / next day delivery that doesnt also include free extra "1 to whenever we can be bothered sorting it" delay.

 

I can recommend Maddison Games in the UK - http://www.maddisongames.co.uk/shop/categories/StarWarsXWingMiniaturesGame.php

I preordered 1x Falcon, 1x Slave 1, 2x A-Wings, 2x Tie Interceptors and 1x Y-wing a couple of weeks ago, and I got them all yesterday. Prices are the lowest I've seen too, especially if you order a load at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to my FLGS on Wednesday, after reading a Facebook post stating that they had got them in, and got my one YT-1300, one Firespray, and two each of the A-Wings; and "Squints".  Had a chance to finally use them yesterday in two victorious games.  I am loving the NEW upgrades, especially "Push the Limit" (Used that quite a bit during the two games).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...