Sign in to follow this  
Qayin

Clerification on spell use times and card taking.

Hey guys! so the quesiton is this.

if i have the wand and i have 1 spell at all times - what do they mean by "at all times"?

because assuming we are 4 people:

my turn and i cast a spell, and take a card(spell).

player 2's turn: i cast a spell (the one i got at the end of my turn) and take another card

Player 3's turn: i again cast what i got last turn and get another card

4th player's turn: again i cast, and get a new spell.

That seems REALLY imbalanced and OP…

so isnt there something that says that a person can only get spell cards when his turn starts? that would make TONS of sense!

TY!

Qayin said:

Hey guys! so the quesiton is this.

if i have the wand and i have 1 spell at all times - what do they mean by "at all times"?

because assuming we are 4 people:

my turn and i cast a spell, and take a card(spell).

player 2's turn: i cast a spell (the one i got at the end of my turn) and take another card

Player 3's turn: i again cast what i got last turn and get another card

4th player's turn: again i cast, and get a new spell.

That seems REALLY imbalanced and OP…

so isnt there something that says that a person can only get spell cards when his turn starts? that would make TONS of sense!

TY!

Everything you wrote about the Wand and similar abilities is correct and doesn't violate the game core rules. But this is theory, not practice.

Spells have specific casting conditions and you can't cast a Spell just to get rid of it (e.g. cast Healing on a character that has no lives to heal). Provided you understood this, doing the so called Spell-cycling (that's the process you described above) becomes a little more difficult. The base game Spells cycle quite well and this process may become annoying, but as soon as you add a single expansion (like the Reaper) you will find many Spells that will stop the process, because they are quite difficult to cast. If you're stuck with a Spell you can't cast, you'll probably stop Spell-cycling for many turns.

I recommend you have a look at the last FAQ, as it covers most of the issues in the base game and first expansions.

Yeah, as I always tell new players, Look at the spell's description, it always tells you where, when and how to cast it.

The three most common conditions:

Cast at the start of YOUR turn

Cast at the start of ANOTHER characters turn

Cast at any time

So your scenario is totally possible with the right spells, but very unlikely to happen as the Warlock already explained.

first of all ty for the answers and the new FAQ, i only had the 1.0 version.

i need a few more clarifications.

if at the end of my turn i had 2 cards (but i do have the wand),

i can only cast 2 spells (1 at each 1 other persons turn) untill i get my turn again right? or did i make that up?

because i think i read a rule that says that inbetween turns u cna only cast 1 spell-per-other-players-turn

and only the same amount of spells u had at the end of urs…

is this true?

and how many spells can i actually cast on my own turn? if i had 3 spells when i started the turn? can i cast all 3?

or if i have the wand and 1 spell? can i cast 1,2,3 or evne 10 spells in a row (as long as they have valid effects, not like heal full hp char)

ty!

You can only cast the number of spells you started your turn with. So if you have three spells at the start of your turn you can cast them all.

And you are corrrect in that you can only cast one spell in each other characters turn.

Uvatha said:

Its all in the Rules? Its nothing FAQ'ed or even abit iffy.

The Rules about Spells that you can cast in your turn and in other players' turns are all in the Rulebook.

The FAQ added only a clarification that you can't cast Spells for no effect, because for most players it seemed possible to use Spells for no effect, although they would never use Objects or Followers for no effect.