Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RAGE1073

HAVE YOU GOTTEN WAVE 2 SHIPS!!!

26 posts in this topic

Not in a Kessel Run.

 

I was wondering if anyone has bought any of their ships yet, one of my FLGS has the ships in (but refusing to sell), while another said they're getting them on Tuesday and selling that day.

 

I was just wondering if anyone has had a chance to buy yet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Retailers have to abide by whatever street date FFG sets.  If a store is "refusing" to sell them, it may be that they're not allowed to yet.

My FLGS thought they'd be able to get them from their local distributor today to have on sale tomorrow, but the distributor didn't have them yet.

For what it's worth, Amazon lists the ships as being in stock on Friday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm glad that I'm not the only person who checks FFG's site and call local retailers daily to check on the releases.  My local game shop said that they will most likely have them tomorrow.  I was the first one to put my name on the waitlist for a firespray.  I already have my points chosen for this week's game based on the new releases.  Assault missiles, leavy laser cannons, and seismic charges oh my.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I pre ordered mine from Miniture market saved $10 bucks each on the Millennium Falcon and the Slave1.Can't wait for the 2nd wave.Stay on target

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DailyRich said:

Retailers have to abide by whatever street date FFG sets.  If a store is "refusing" to sell them, it may be that they're not allowed to yet.

My FLGS thought they'd be able to get them from their local distributor today to have on sale tomorrow, but the distributor didn't have them yet.

For what it's worth, Amazon lists the ships as being in stock on Friday.

FFG do not street dates

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The only positive side is that there are others in the same boat. Hopefully, we won't attempt to push each other into the freezing waters in order to secure our order faster…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered mine from Miniature Market and will will probably be a long time before I get them. I also preordered the FF SWRPG, along with the minis, since I was planning on buying it. I figured this way I could get free shipping and save a little money in the long run.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Told today by LGS that they are only getting 20% of their order which means I'm not getting my order. Total bull. Sounds like allocation issues. Wondering if FFG shipped short.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 of my LGS just posted that their orders were delayed because of shipping issues with UPS. Oh well.

i hope I can get my hands on them tomorrow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

VaultDweller said:

Told today by LGS that they are only getting 20% of their order which means I'm not getting my order. Total bull. Sounds like allocation issues. Wondering if FFG shipped short.  

After an extra four months of delay for Wave 2, there is absolutely NO excuse for local shops to be getting shorted 80% of their orders. That is just plain sh*tty planning on the part of FFG. If my local shop gets shorted like this it will pretty much kill the game in my area. It's been hard keeping interest going with the delay and if people still can't get the Wave 2 ships, it's pretty much dead.

Jim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder, with target doing pretty well business selling core sets, if they'll ever get expansions. It shure would be convenient for wave 2, especially now that they price match Amazon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emrico said:

VaultDweller said:

 

Told today by LGS that they are only getting 20% of their order which means I'm not getting my order. Total bull. Sounds like allocation issues. Wondering if FFG shipped short.  

 

 

After an extra four months of delay for Wave 2, there is absolutely NO excuse for local shops to be getting shorted 80% of their orders. That is just plain sh*tty planning on the part of FFG. If my local shop gets shorted like this it will pretty much kill the game in my area. It's been hard keeping interest going with the delay and if people still can't get the Wave 2 ships, it's pretty much dead.

Jim

That is assuming that the LGS orders straight from FFG.  Most go through distributor/wholesaler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered from Miniature Market. I have a feeling I will be waiting quiet some time before my order gets shipped. Hopefully not too long. I may have been better off just buying here local. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Emrico said:

VaultDweller said:

 

Told today by LGS that they are only getting 20% of their order which means I'm not getting my order. Total bull. Sounds like allocation issues. Wondering if FFG shipped short.  

 

 

After an extra four months of delay for Wave 2, there is absolutely NO excuse for local shops to be getting shorted 80% of their orders. That is just plain sh*tty planning on the part of FFG. If my local shop gets shorted like this it will pretty much kill the game in my area. It's been hard keeping interest going with the delay and if people still can't get the Wave 2 ships, it's pretty much dead.

Jim

You are making a rather large assumption in that FFG is at issue with  one posters distrubution issues.  As stated most LGSs go through distrubtors. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My LGS orders through distribution and distributor says they were only allocated a fraction of their order. Disappointed to say the least. I ordred a Battlefoam 720 case and X-Wing trays to go along with Wave 2 so that adds to the frustration.  

 

I'll live.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Games Guy sent me a message letting me know that he's expecting his shipment tomorrow.  He did say that it was only a partial shipment though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I called a store today…  They said they usually get FF stuff either on Tues or Thurs, no wave 3 today.  Will check back on thurs.

If there are partial orders for the stores, I hope pre-orders were accounted for seperately.  Would suck not getting any ships if they can't complete my pre-order (1 falcon/slave, 3 a-wings and 4 int).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FRP said my order was shipping out today after I emailed them -- WOOT reir :

 

From: FRP Games [mailto:sales@frpgames.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:30 PM
To: Me
Subject: Re: Order Status

HI,

So sorry for the delay. I will be having the warehouse ship out your order today!

Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Thanks!
-Samantha
FRP Games & Hobby
http://www.frpgames.com/

----- Original Message -----

From: Me
To: sales@frpgames.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 2:21 PM
Subject: Order Status

Can I get an order status update for [My Order ID]? I know that other retailers got their shipments of the items on my list in and I was wondering when I might be getting an update on my order.

Thanks,
Jason

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0