Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MRex22

Card Storage…

17 posts in this topic

Hey Folks,

I thought this was dealt with before, but I couldn't find anything by searching.  Does FFG make 'deck boxes' that will fit the DT cards?  If not, what do you guys store your cards in?  I have quite a few and I don't want them to get beat up from transport.

Thanks!

RichardWep likes this

I have transported mine quite a bit and I never even threw them into a bag, they still look brand new, they're extremely sturdy.  I've since made storage boxes that fit all my tanks, walkers, and helicopters and left a space to put my cards for ease of transport.  I think you'll be fine just throwing them into a plastic bag.

I don't know if this will help anyone but I keep mine in a Loth box, they fit perfectly, i think it is the same size box the premium medium walkers come in.

I have to say that my older cards, now about three years old are begining to delaminate. So the Dust Studio brands sleeves are not a bad idea IMHO.

I use photo storage "clamshells" like these which hold the cards perfectly. 

http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Photo-Case-by-Iris/dp/B001J1K0RC/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1362004355&sr=1-2&keywords=iris+photo

31gBSgc4oIL._SS400_.jpg

I sleeve them as well, but that is probably overkill.

Buying just one is like five bucks (on Amazon anyway), but you can get them in packs of 5 or 10 for less than two bucks per.

I should have probably noted in regards to their carry capacity that I have never tested their limits, and sleeved cards obvioulsy take up more room, but each of my factions have about 30 cards each, which easly fit in a single holder for each faction.

Yeah, the photo clamshells I linked to are for photos, so any form of photo holder will work, from the clamshells to photo binders, photo indexes and rolodex like holders, etc.  At Cradt stores you can also find sleeves made or photos or recipe cards that fit them as well.

fhaugh said:

Has nobody thought of photo albums?  The cards are almost the same as a 4x6 photo.

I like the clam shell idea because you can just take the cards you need with you and leave the rest behind. It makes for a small package you can put in your coat pocket if needed.

The clamshells are also very quick cleanup, as you just stack the cards and toss them in the case. 

With photo pages my OCD makes me keep them in AP order (my problem and not a negative for most) and they are slower going in and out if also sleeved. 

If buying the clamshells, you can buy the set with six cases and the clear hinged box to hold them.

play botth Axis and Allied factions so I have three cases for each faction: heroes in one, squads in one, and vehicles in the last, and it keeps them sorted enough for quick army building

Fenton said:

The clamshells are also very quick cleanup, as you just stack the cards and toss them in the case. 

With photo pages my OCD makes me keep them in AP order (my problem and not a negative for most) and they are slower going in and out if also sleeved. 

If buying the clamshells, you can buy the set with six cases and the clear hinged box to hold them.

play botth Axis and Allied factions so I have three cases for each faction: heroes in one, squads in one, and vehicles in the last, and it keeps them sorted enough for quick army building

Agreed. The box I got holds seven smaller clams shellsall  included.