Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kumachan42

About critical damage (question from a noob GM)

5 posts in this topic

Hello, me again and i v got an easy question ( i m noob gm sorry :) )

If a player is hit bit a rightnous furry he have to roll et 1D5 on critical hit.

If a player have lost all his wound point he take one or more critical damage per hit (it s what the rule said)

My question, for this case : how i know how many critical damage he received ? and wich one ? i read it staks?

please could you answer with an sample ?

a PC lost all his wound point and then he is hit and cannot manage to dodge the attack, the damage are more than is armor+TB, so he is supposed to be arm, he must now have "one or more critical damage" (it s what say the rules book)

what appen now ?

Role die ? wich one ? doest it stack if he have already ? how it stack ?

I think it s easy question for veteran GM but i found nothing in the rule book…

thanks for your help

PS : i think the rightnous furry is a great idea ! it had more danger to PC ! and could faster the combat against npc

After a character has no more wounds, he starts getting Chritical Damage. Count critical damage as a kind of "negative wounds".

So if you start with 10 wounds and you recieve 5 points of damage, you are down to 5 wounds.

If then you recieve 6 points of damage you are down to "-1 wounds"… this means that you have 0 wounds left and 1 Point of Critical Damage.

After that, if you recieved 3 more points of damage, you would be down to "-4 wounds". So you have 4 Points of Critical Damage.

And so on, until you die.

Critical Damage effects stack. So in the previous example, you would have the critical damage effect for having 1 point of critical damage (lets say they hit you in the head) AND the effect for having 4 points of critical damage (let say they hit you in the leg).

Righteous fury is cool, but it can be deadly if you use it against your PCs. I would only allow an enemy delivering righteous fury in "final boss" battles. Combat is deadly enough for PCs without that rule!

Righteous Fury doesn't stack with normal Critical Damage. It is a one-off Critical Damage what is compeltely separate from any other damage effects. So you roll a D5 on the specific Critical Damage table, apply the effects, then forget that you ever rolled on it (but not the effects of course :D).  

yes, this part was very crystal in the rule book.

and i think it s "logic" because if it stack, PC would die very easyly.

thanks for this complement answer