Sign in to follow this  
Gigg

Battle Royale ending with two characters who are werewolfs

So Last night we had drawn the alternate ending of Battle Royale. The character who made it to the crown of command was a Werewolf. Out of randomness one of the other charicters playing actually had a Talisman (A rare event in my playing group) and similar stats and it was Night time. So they started to fight and the Werewolf wins the first round. This brought about the question of do we follow the rules of being a werewolf and the loser rolls on the werewolf chart or do we assume that the battle royale rule of taking one life superceeds the loser having to roll on the werewolf chart.

We tried playing with the warewolf ability superceeding the Battle Royale rule of one life. This ended up in both players calling the game a draw as neither of them was able to take all of the other charicters lives before they rolled a 6 on the werewolf chart and healed their life or repleninshed thier fate to full.

Title: Battle Royale

Type: Standard Ending

Ending Rules

• All characters that do not have a Talisman, except for the character who first entered the Crown of Command, lose the game. All characters that have a Talisman are immediately placed on the Crown of Command.
  • The character who first entered the Crown of Command must choose a character to attack. The winner of the attack must force the loser to lose a life; he cannot choose to take an object or gold instead. The winner of the attack then chooses any other character to attack (the loser cannot be chosen unless he is the only other character remaining). If the attack is a stand-off, the same characters fight again.
  • Characters must continue attacking each other in this manner until only one character remains. The last character remaining wins the game!
  • When a character attacks, he may choose to fight in battle or psychic combat. He may not choose when he is attacked by another character. 

Character: Werewolf (NPC)

Special Abilities

Whenever a character rolls a 1 for his move, he must roll 1 die and move the Werewolf that number of spaces at the end of his turn. If it is Night, the Werewolf must end its movement in the first space that it enters with a character.

Werewolf Chart:
When the Werewolf lands on your character, you must roll 1 die (add 1 to your score if you are a Lycanthrope):

1. You become a Lycanthrope (take a Lycanthrope Card).
  2. Lose 1 life then immediately roll again on this chart.
  3. One of your Followers, determined at random, is killed. If you have no Followers, you lose 1 life instead.
  4. The Werewolf attacks you with a Strength of 8.
  5. The Werewolf teleports to another character of your choice, who must immediately roll 1 die on this chart.
  6. + You may either heal all of your lives, replenish all of your fate, discard any Adventure Card from the board, or teleport to any other space in this Region as your next move. 

In this case I would say that the Battle Royale-rules takes part instead of the Wherewolf-rules, just to crown a winner (which is near impossible if two wherewolfs are fighting each other).  

There is no reason why this can't be done. Yes a 5-6 can be rolled but a 1 can too thus losing a life. So sooner or later someone must win. Personally "Battle Royal" needs a extra rule "no player my heal life" I'm adding this to my games.

Uvatha said:

There is no reason why this can't be done. Yes a 5-6 can be rolled but a 1 can too thus losing a life. So sooner or later someone must win. Personally "Battle Royal" needs a extra rule "no player my heal life" I'm adding this to my games.

Don't even know how possible this really is. It's my understanding that the WW can't even enter the Inner region, thus what will happen on 4 or 5-rolls?

Then it will also go on forever, as you can heal on 5 or 6 rolls as you can add 1 to the score if your an lycanthrope…

Nidhögg said:

Uvatha said:

Don't even know how possible this really is. It's my understanding that the WW can't even enter the Inner region, thus what will happen on 4 or 5-rolls?

Then it will also go on forever, as you can heal on 5 or 6 rolls as you can add 1 to the score if your an lycanthrope…

The Werewolf can't get into the Inner Region, just like the Reaper. You can never send them to a character on the CoC.

The result of a 4 is being attacked by a S8 Werewolf; it doesn't require the Werewolf to be teleported to your space.

I recommend you stick to the Battle Royale wording and consider it supercedes everything else. Rolling on the Werewolf chart doesn't help finding a winner when you're on the Crown of Command. Unfortunately, Battle Royale has been worded "The winner of the attack must force the loser to lose a life; he cannot choose to take an object or gold instead."; if they said "The winner of the attack must force the loser to lose a life, instead of his normal reward" there won't have been so many doubts.

Still, I don't see any ways to solve the probable stalemate between 2 Lycanthropes fighting on the Crown of Command with standard ending.

The_Warlock said:

Still, I don't see any ways to solve the probable stalemate between 2 Lycanthropes fighting on the Crown of Command with standard ending.

Well, I do. Just skip the lycan-rules at the Crown and things will work out just fine ;)