Sign in to follow this  
z95

3D Magnet-Asteroids (incl. pics)

This is very cool, since it retains the original asteroid shapes on the board for determining movement and combat resolution. First 3D system I've seen that does that, and bonus for breaking down so easily. Kudos!!!

Thanks! :)

Owenator said:

Pretty cool. How'd you make the asteroids?

I use plasticcard and GW-flightstands for the bases. The magnetic solution is a combination of grommets and greenstuff. The asteroids are made of aluminum foil balls, which are (de)formed by different tools. After that a mixture of wood glue, sand & water finished the asteroids. Look here for an older WIP picture… (at this time without magnet). Sorry, my English is very bad ;)

ziggy2000 said:

This is very cool, since it retains the original asteroid shapes on the board for determining movement and combat resolution. First 3D system I've seen that does that, and bonus for breaking down so easily. Kudos!!!

+1 very nice good work!

z95 said:

Thanks! :)

Owenator said:

Pretty cool. How'd you make the asteroids?

I use plasticcard and GW-flightstands for the bases. The magnetic solution is a combination of grommets and greenstuff. The asteroids are made of aluminum foil balls, which are (de)formed by different tools. After that a mixture of wood glue, sand & water finished the asteroids. Look here for an older WIP picture… (at this time without magnet). Sorry, my English is very bad ;)

Your English is good! Better than that of many English people I know :)