Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
High Elves 77

How many starters do you need?

9 posts in this topic

Is this like all of the other LCG's where you need 3 starters to have 3 of each card? I really hate that about FFG LCG's.  I heard though that for this game you didn't need 3 starters.  Wanted to confirm.

Yes, you will need to pick up three starters in order to have 3x of each; HOWEVER, only 2x of each objective are permitted in a deck, so two sets will suffice for competitive play, and there are only two objectives you will end up with excess copies of.

Two. If you want to make more decks, then 3-4 but two is fine. You can build all possible decks, but you have to take them apart, if you need those cards in another deck. Just like in all normal games…

I have found out that decks buided from two starter tends to be more balanced and not so depended on pure luck.

I suggest two core sets, three if you want to multi-build certain pods.

I read that with the expansions you only need to buy one of each. Is that correct?

Lord Dragon said:

does that mean you will need two of everything that comes out?

Lord Dragon said:

does that mean you will need two of everything that comes out?

Nope. You will only need one of each Force Pack. You'll still want 2 copies of deluxe expansions though.

Despite what anyone here is saying you need three sets. 2 to play with and one to keep sealed. It's a first print! oh wait that's the star wars collector inside me going bananas.

rules say 2 of each objective which makes it 2 core sets max I play with one and it works. but with the hoth cycle about to kick in I would say don't buy that second set just yet.

cheers