Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Narsil0420

On the Doorstep is Available!

44 posts in this topic

Pharmboys2013 said:

soullos said:

$11 for shipping!? yeah, eff that lol. Wow.

amazon prime FTW 

Is odd they have a delivery date of the 26th as previously mentioned 

That's weird, I have Prime, but it's not eligible. Unless I'm looking at the wrong listing?

soullos said:

Pharmboys2013 said:

soullos said:

amazon prime FTW 

Is odd they have a delivery date of the 26th as previously mentioned 

That's weird, I have Prime, but it's not eligible. Unless I'm looking at the wrong listing?

im moderately sure my transaction was the "last avaliable" so maybe they put up another listing but didn't make it eligible 

Pharmboys2013 said:

im moderately sure my transaction was the "last avaliable" so maybe they put up another listing but didn't make it eligible 

Ah, that would explain it. ATM, it's currently being sold by a 3rd party seller, Funagain Games. Interesting that Amazon even stocked the item so early. From my experience, when it came to LCG, Amazon was the worst. They would be 2 weeks or even a month late. Perhaps Amazon finally got their act together, or maybe I've been really slow this whole time lol? Now all they need to do is stock a little bit more.

soullos said:

Thats because its sold by funagaingames and fullfiled by amazon.  That is also the reason it is not elligible for prime.  Either buy it local or wait until it says "sold by amazon, fulfilled by amazon"  cause these hobby shops that go through amazon are a bunch of greedy *u*ks dont ever encourage them buy purchasing their crap deals.  And email amazon also, let them know that these bastards are using the marketplace to gouge people so amazon wil start selling it directly.

Sprenger said:

The final preview is out http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3960

Am I the only one that is disappointed by the fact that the new Bifur ally is lore and is dependent on the controlling 5 dwarfs. I thought he was going to be a leadership dwarf when I first saw the decks.

Also the treasures are pretty cool.

i think it's safe to assume, especially now, that the dwarf allies of bifur, dwalin, and gloin will retain the same sphere of influence as their hero counterparts. It is a little disappointing to see tactics get shunned again dwarf wise

(spoilers below)

I just opened up my copy and can say there is one reprinted card, at least the name, "Smaug The Magnificient."  I haven't checked yet to ensure if it's the same in stats, effects, etc.

Some pretty interesting cards, overall.  Ravens of the Mountain is a Lore Event that caught my eye.  Many of the player cards were previewed.  Oin is a Spirit hero.  I'm looking forward to trying out the quests. 

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

I just opened up my copy and can say there is one reprinted card, at least the name, "Smaug The Magnificient."  I haven't checked yet to ensure if it's the same in stats, effects, etc.

Some pretty interesting cards, overall.  Ravens of the Mountain is a Lore Event that caught my eye.  Many of the player cards were previewed.  Oin is a Spirit hero.  I'm looking forward to trying out the quests. 

more details on the player cards! please!

Ok, here's a few: (spoilers)

Ravens of the Mountain, Lore, Event, Cost 1

Action: Exhaust a hero you control to shuffle the encounter deck and reveal its top card.  Place progress tokens on the current quest equatl to the revealed card's TP.  Then, put that card back on top of the encounter deck.

Oin, Spirit Hero, Dwarf, 8 Starting Threat, 2 WP, 1 A, 1 D, 4 HP,

While you control at least 5 Dwarf characters, Oin gets +1 A and gains the Tactics resource icon.

Straight Shot, Tactics, Event, Cost 0

Action: Exhaust a Weapon attachment to choose a non-unique enemy with 0 D.  Discard the chosen enemy.

Expert Treasure-Hunter, Lore Attachment, Skill, Cost 0

Attach to a hero.

Response: After attached hero quests successfully, name a card type and discard the top card of your deck.  If the discarded card is the named type, take it into your hand.

Pharmboys2013 said:

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

Pharmboys2013 said:

jc1138 said:

(spoilers below)

There is a complete card by card write up at the BGG site:  http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/934486/live-text-unboxing

It seems the OP made a mistake on the Oin Hero, he wrote:

Oin (Spirit, 8 cost)
2/1/1/4
Dwarf.
While you control at least 5 Dwarf characters, Oin gets +1(ATK) and gains the (LEADERSHIP) resource icon

On page 4 of the thread another poster states that Oin gets the Tactics Icon instead of  leadership.

Ooh, ravens of the mountain is a pretty cool card. Like a Denethor or Hennamarth action that adds progress. Not a staple but a cool card that could see some use.

Go figure just as I knock FFG for the lack of tactics dwarves they give Oin a very cool and unique ability that satisfies this need. This is the first hero that can naturally be dual sphere as well. Will be interesting to see if this ability will make him the dwarf spirit of choice over Nori who could technically meet the same specs with a song of battle. 

Pharmboys2013 said:

i think it's safe to assume, especially now, that the dwarf allies of bifur, dwalin, and gloin will retain the same sphere of influence as their hero counterparts. It is a little disappointing to see tactics get shunned again dwarf wise

Which is sort of funny statement seeing as how there are some REALLY good Tactics Dwarf cards. But I totally get what you're saying, it's a little odd we haven't gotten a Tactics Dwarf hero since the core set.

How cool would it be to play a four person game with each player playing a mono-sphere all-dwarf deck? This was the perfect opportunity to make that a possibility. It'll probably be awhile now until we see another card with the word "dwarf" written anywhere on it. :P

good article over on bbg, i think its kind of cool if not unorginial that dwalin, gloin, and bifur all have single use effects dependent on having 5 dwarfs…makes the Bombur hero that much more important too since it'd be somewhat of a waste to play them if you didnt already enough dwarves in play.

kinda wish dwalin being spirit and all would have lowered the players threat when he entered instead of having a lower cost but no big deal; still cool and his 2 DEF would be quite helpful

Attachment:

Thror's Key (Unique, Spirit, 1 cost)
Artifact. Item.

Attach to a hero.

Response: After a location is added to the staging area, attach Thror's Key to that location. While attached to a location, Thror's Key gains: "Treat attached location's printed text box as blank, except for traits."

I love what this will do to Caradhras.  Some people over at BGG were saying this would make it easy to collect the Doors of Durin too (Water in the Water), but attaching this to the Doors would not do anything, right?  You would have to move the Doors into the staging area (Thror's Map, West Road Traveler) to attach it, and then all it would do is remove the ability to collect them at all.  

So now that we have just a boatload of dwarf heroes, who does everyone anticipate they'll be making their decks with? I play a lot of solo and can see good potential with a Thorin, Oin, and Bombur. Gives you access to every sphere and the potential to quickly activate the powers of Thorin and Oin. (Trying to exclude Dain for thematic and originality purposes). 

If I was making two player decks i can see the use of Thorin, Balin, and Ori for deck 1 and Thalin, Oin, and Nori for deck two

Including Dain in the mix probably improves the strength of the decks at the cost of theme since Thorin would probably be the odd leadership hero out but arguably the most important if one is trying to recreate the adventures from the book.

What do you guys think?