Sign in to follow this  
Olethros

Soontir Fel and his double focus

So, I always thought the extra focus token Soontir gained when stressed didin't count as an action for him, allowing the pilot to spend two different focus tokens during the combat phase. It seens even more correct now withe the new Interceptor preview.

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_news.asp?eidn=3945

Soontir Fel’s high skill means that he’ll usually fire early in the round, and then when his ship has no stress token, he can make use of his Elusiveness to both force his opponent to reroll an attack die and gain a focus token when he takes the stress token. In this way, he can use one focus on attack and another on defense, or he may be able to gain multiple focus tokens to help him survive a Rebel onslaught."

What do you guys think?

The preview just made all of us feel generic and common. And here i thought the combination would be my specialty XD. Ordered 3 interceptors…thinking  about a 4rth one.

The kind folks over on the Rules Question forum explained the key to understanding stuff like this is to realize that spending the token isn't the Action. 

My original question over there was concerning Garven Dreis, which is similar in that a Focus token is bestowed, not a Focus Action. That's the difference. 

Cid_MCDP said:

The kind folks over on the Rules Question forum explained the key to understanding stuff like this is to realize that spending the token isn't the Action. 

My original question over there was concerning Garven Dreis, which is similar in that a Focus token is bestowed, not a Focus Action. That's the difference. 

The keys to understanding the technical rules are in 2 FAQs.

1. - This proves a **** can have more then one action token…

Q: Can a ship have more then one focus or evade token assigned to it?

A: Yes a Ship cannot perform the focus or evade action more then once during a round (aka vader), but a game effect (Such as Garven's ability) my assign addtional tokens.

2. - This defines how/which kind of cards/abilities can give a 2nd token

Q: Can a ship use R5-K6 to aquire target lock more then once during a round

A: Yes.  The effect does not instruct the player to perform a free acquire a target lock action, so the player does not violate the rul restricting a ship to onc einstance of each action per round.

So only the obvious action selection and "perform a fee *whateveraction* action" cards/abilities count in the no duplicate action rules.