Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Muad Dib2

Old Decipher CCG VS New Fantasy Flight LCG

32 posts in this topic

I also have a special place in my heart for the Star Wars CCG. It was the first CCG I ever played. But ironically, one of the things that I like right now about the LCG over the CCG is also one of biggest negatives for many…the very fact that characters can interact with and fight space vehicles. In the CCG, if one of the players decided to build a vehicile heavy deck and other built a character heavy deck, the play was unexciting and tedious because there was little interaction. And though I never played it, I heard the TCG was even worse with this. I ended up in a lot of games like that and it was brutal.

So far I'm happy with the LCG and I like where this is going. 

Holliday88 said:

And you couldn't have had it closer to Raleigh? ;)

Sorry! Maybe next time we can coordinate and we'll all meet somewhere like Greensboro, eh? Here's the deal, you build up a good play group in Raleigh and we'll get one going here in Charlotte and then we can carry over the grudge match to SW:LCG and do East v. West NC in card games, too, LOL!

Everything else being even, I'll always be a little biased towards SWCCG.  It was my first real CCG. 

However, trying to look at things objectively, this game does look pretty promising.  It's a lot more enjoyable then Young Jedi, or the games Wizards tried to put out over the years.  I really won't know how I feel though until I've played more games.  Right now I've only played 5 or 6 games against one person.  So I don't really think I have a great take on the game quite yet. 

I also want to see how things look after the Hoth Cycle and Edge of Darkness.  At that point I think the game will have a pretty large card base and a lot of real deck choices and strategies.  I think it's hard to really know how things will look 10-12 months from now.

Officially, Star Trek CCG was my first CCG followed closely by Star Wars CCG.  My gaming group at the time was very heavy into M:TG and getting them to play was difficult.  Also given where I lived at the time and only one comic shop and the owner was a pain made getting cards hard.  So, I didn't get to play as much as I wanted. 

After them, I bit the bullet and played Magic for a while.  I also played the Babylon 5 CCG, X-Files CCG and Legend of the Fist.  After those I stopped for a bit and worked on creating one.  When I stepped back into the realm, I played the WoTC Star Wars TCG, Pirates of the Caribbean TCG and the first incarnation of Game of Thrones CCG.  Then the people I was playing with moved for jobs and loss of jobs and I was without people to play.

I have just picked this Star Wars LCG and love it.  This past weekend played with several guys here on the forums and had a blast, although I am still learning the cards.

JH

The two games start in very diferent time, so it's totally diferents, some people prefers one, and others prefers the other, but both are good games, greettings.

Darik said:

Holliday88 said:

And you couldn't have had it closer to Raleigh? ;)

Sorry! Maybe next time we can coordinate and we'll all meet somewhere like Greensboro, eh? Here's the deal, you build up a good play group in Raleigh and we'll get one going here in Charlotte and then we can carry over the grudge match to SW:LCG and do East v. West NC in card games, too, LOL!

You're on! East NC rules, West NC drools! 

In all seriousness, I expect more SWLCG regional sites next year but if for some reason it doesn't happen, let's coordinate one either in the central part of the state or where the largest player base is (how we figure out where that is, I have no idea.)