Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toqtamish

Edge of Darkness Deluxe Expansion

84 posts in this topic

Toqtamish said:

Sabotage cam only be seen there. Can't make out anything sadly 

I can!

Reaction: After an objective is damaged during an engagement, destroy it if you are attacking during this engagement.

…is it just me or does that read like it's too good to be true? Also, I tried to read Bail Organa, but couldn't, all I got was that he has a passive that gives a combat icon and a Forced Reaction ability.

sabotage is stupidly powerful if thats the cards text. Use that against heart of the empire and instant win possible on turn 1 if target of opportunity counts towards the damage in the engagement

Yes, after resolving Fate cards is still "during an engagement." Also note that Sabotage doesn't say "After the engaged objective…" but "After an objective…" So you can combo it with Rebel Assault or situationally Battle of Hoth to destroy an unrelated objective during the engagement .

Assuming, of course, my eyes aren't lying to me. I really didn't think Light Side would get an effect that allowed them to outright destroy objectives.

Looking very carefully at the image on the website, I could make out enough critical letters in the words to piece together what they are, and context gave me what I was missing. For the record, I can't clearly read "objective," or "you are attacking," those are too blurred. But the word I think is objective is too long to be unit, the only other game object that can be damaged.

You're right, scaling it up would just make it a big unreadable blob rather than a tiny almost-unreadable blob.

While an incredibly cool concept for a card, I do hope it doesn't actually destroy the objective.  If it does, then it will take Heart of the Empire completely out of the game.

With Nar Shaddaa and Cloud City both being prominent locations in this set, perhaps we will see General Kota join the Jedi or Rebel affiliation. That'd be cool.

Toqtamish said:

It is probably something a bit more tame like do an extra point of damage.

I'd agree, except I could clearly read "destroy" in the card text.

I seriously doubt it lets you destroy an objective if you damage it.  It probably just destroys a unit or units that was involved in the engagement. 

Sabotage says "…destroy it if…" so it can only refer to the object that was damaged. The only game objects that can be damaged are units and objectives. The word I think is objective is too long to be unit.

I agree, it seems absurd, but the version of Sabotage on the mini-site conditionally destroys an objective that was damaged during an engagement.

D.Knight Sevus said:

Sabotage says "…destroy it if…" so it can only refer to the object that was damaged. The only game objects that can be damaged are units and objectives. The word I think is objective is too long to be unit.

I agree, it seems absurd, but the version of Sabotage on the mini-site conditionally destroys an objective that was damaged during an engagement.

I am not sure i agree with what you are seeing on that card compared to what I am making out of the blurriness. Where you see "are", I see "your". Some of the other text could be destroyed instead of damaged. It really is too hard to read to be as certain as you seem to be.

Bomb said:

I am not sure i agree with what you are seeing on that card compared to what I am making out of the blurriness. Where you see "are", I see "your". Some of the other text could be destroyed instead of damaged. It really is too hard to read to be as certain as you seem to be.

I'll concede that all I can be sure of is that it reads "Reaction: After an objective is damaged during an engagement, destroy it if…engagement."

However, it cannot read "…After an objective is destroyed…" because the card would then make no sense in context, I can clearly read "destroy it" as the two words following "engagement" on the second line.

You are of course, free to not believe me, I can hardly prevent that.

all this buzz and speculation. It's pure fun. Isn't it. I am enjoying this as much as I can and I will see the expanition when it get's here. Anyway you guys keep analyzing these pictures that will no doubt get periodically released. This is FUN!

But remember there is no fun in yes it is, No it isn't arguements. I actually enjoy this a lot thanks guys.

D.Knight Sevus said:

Bomb said:

I'll concede that all I can be sure of is that it reads "Reaction: After an objective is damaged during an engagement, destroy it if…engagement."

However, it cannot read "…After an objective is destroyed…" because the card would then make no sense in context, I can clearly read "destroy it" as the two words following "engagement" on the second line.

You are of course, free to not believe me, I can hardly prevent that.

I have to say that when I was typing this, it was difficult to do so using my smart phone(I have the tiniest box to type in) so I think I was as blunt as possible and sort of came across condescending.  Sorry about that.

I do agree with most of what you made out.

I gotta say im pretty excited, the force packs will let us change our decks slowly over time but im really glad they decided to go with 1 objective (u need 2 expansions) just because my NR friends all say its a great game but they miss the deck variety NR had from the start.  this will give SW so many deck options it will be insane and what SW needs right now is variety, and options.

Im glad they did this ill fork out the extra money for a fully flushed out faction.

magni

@ Bomb: It's all right, it's really easy to read false intent in someone else's post, so I try not to. No harm meant, no harm done, and sorry if I came off as defensive.

@ Magni: I agree, fleshing out the two "rogue" factions will add a lot of variety to deckbuilding, and while a part of me gripes that I'll need to buy two, having 22 unique objective sets instead of only 11 is worth it to have those factions fleshed out properly.

That being said…if I remember correctly, Edge of Darkness is supposed to have starter decks for Smugglers & Spies and Scum & Villany in the same vein as the Core Set. So hypothesizing here, there should be 7 S&S objective sets and 7 S&V objective sets, leaving 4 sets for each side. We've already seen cards for the Rebel Alliance, Sith, and Imperial Navy factions, so my guess is that there's one objective set for each of those factions, plus Jedi, and then 2 Neutral objective sets for each side, one of which finishes the starter decks. Or there could be no Neutral objectives, two objective sets of each non-rogue faction, and the starter decks use Hit and Run and Reconnaissance Mission, but that feels somewhat less likely to me.

So I finally made my way through all the news articles and wow am I excited about this year! It looks like there will be TONs of cards to choose from by year's end!

MarthWMaster said:

Now, this boat. How long does it usually take to go from where it starts to reach shores so that the packs can be distributed?

On the Boat

The product is traveling from the printer to our warehouse. The duration of this process varies depending on where the printer is located, be it in the US, China, or Germany, but generally takes four to six weeks.