Sign in to follow this  
floworcrash

Trapped in White Harbor

I mentioned in a previous post that I played as Stark for the first time last night. I was met with this very frustrating scenerio: 

I had a ship in the Shivering Sea, and a ship (eventually 2) in the port at White Harbor. My Baratheon opponent had a ship in The Narrow Sea. I kept trying to move my ships from the port in the Narrow, but I kept getting it taken away by a raid order. I could have used a march order in both the port and The Shivering Sea, and sacrifice one order so I could move. BUT, Baratheon was being supported by ships in Shipbreaker Bay, and since Land can't support Sea, I really needed support from my Shivering Sea Ship (or the ships in port, if I moved the other ship). 

This Stalemate scenerio continued throughout the game since Baratheon was higher than me on the Iron Throne track. 

How could I have handled this situation to control the Narrow Sea? If I play Stark, I feel like this scencerio can come up again. Thank you.

Usually, i would try to take the narrow sea on the first round with a march+1 order.

this will depend on the order bara has in his shipbreaker sea, if he has a move, i would attack him asap in narrow move with +1 on him, plus being higher on the fiefdom means u can win him on a tie if he uses salla and u use a house card =1. Besides, stannis' ability does not work since he is higher on the throne….

in brief, i think stark has the edge ON THE FIRST ROUND. If you wait for 2nd round to move, he will have support in time and it will be difficult for u to control narrow sea.

the only way then is a clash of kings, which u can win starting round 4 maybe enough if u were quick enough to control karhold and black castle…

In this situation I think you should attack, even if your number of ships is lower. As Stark, you can afford to use +3 and +4 cards almost anytime since you can just get them back by losing a fight with another Stark Card. 

I understand the situation you were in, though. I've been on the other side and the Stark player couldn't take his sea for a good 3-4 turns once I took it.