Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ryan.krippendorf

Putting wave one and wave two together.

27 posts in this topic

In most of the threads I've been apart of, I noticed a debate about what combos are good combos to run using wave 1 and wave 2 cards.  I don't want to start another thread that becomes a shouting match but rather a list of card combos or combo breakers that you have tried with the new cards. So here are some of my ideas I am running. 

Combos:

Biggs with R2F2 and a stealth ddevice 

Lando with a gunner and marksmanship

dark curse with stealth ddevice 

wedge with expose. 

Green squadron A-wing pilot with dead eye and homing missile 

luke with r2D2 and shield upgrade. 

Mauler with boost

Just some of the combos I've been playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picasso said:

 

…a list of card combos or combo breakers that you have tried with the new cards. So here are some of my ideas I am running.

 

 

I would extend the Gunner + Marksmanship combo particularly to Kath Scarlet, who benefits a great deal from the increased incidence of critical hits as well as from the opportunity to attack again even if all her hits and crits are canceled.
 
Other combos of Wave 1 and Wave 2 content I like include:
  • Maarek + Push the Limit + Concussion Missile
  • Horton + Ion Cannon + Engine Upgrade
  • Luke + R2 Astromech + Elusiveness
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't forget about Black Squadron TIEs with Draw Their Fire. Cheapest bodyguard in the game. They are not for every squad, but they do have their uses in certain squads.

Engine Upgrade and Daredevil are a fun combo for Vader. Not the best, but fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hothie said:

 

Don't forget about Black Squadron TIEs with Draw Their Fire. Cheapest bodyguard in the game. They are not for every squad, but they do have their uses in certain squads.

Engine Upgrade and Daredevil are a fun combo for Vader. Not the best, but fun.

 

 

 

try replacing Daredevil with Push The Limit 

 

EDIT: you could use both boost and daredevil right? i mean, they seem to be seperate actions and all, unlike the whole roll vs expert handling thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hothie said:

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cid_MCDP said:

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir

 

I will be too, but I'll also be adding either push the limits or elusive to that combo.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Endgame124 said:

Cid_MCDP said:

 

I know it's over the top stupid, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't going to try out Luke + R2-F2 + Stealth Device at least once. sonreir

 

 

 

I will be too, but I'll also be adding either push the limits or elusive to that combo.  

 

Nice!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RAGE1073 said:

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ForceM said:

RAGE1073 said:

 

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…

It's a bit rules-lawyerey, but I don't think that will work. If I'm flying Fel + Stealth Device, and there's one uncanceled crit remaining after our dice rolls are reconciled, I can have my friend the Black Squadron Pilot +Draw Their Fire take the damage--but I was still the one hit by the attack, regardless of whether I take the damage (and the BSP wasn't hit, despite the fact that he took my crit).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tinnitus said:

hothie said:

 

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

 

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.

The Expert handling discussion was Vader performing 2 Barrel Roll actions in the same turn. Not allowed,

This combo is movement, Boost Action, Daredevil Action. Nothing wrong with that at all,  as long as you take them in that order.

Now, you could argue that a 2 turn maneuver is better than a 1 bank maneuver for getting Vader out of the firing arc of the person tailing him while still getting a good shot, and you'd be right. It depends on if you need to take a green maneuver or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

tinnitus said:

hothie said:

 

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

 

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.

I pulled the cards out, trying to see if I was mistaken, and trying to understand your argument, and I don't see it. Are you trying to say that performing an action that allows a movement, then performing a different action allowing a completely different movement is equivalent to taking the same action twice? I honestly don't see it. Please explain your case as to how this wouldn't be allowed under the rules.

I can see how performing the Boost action twice is not allowed, or on Turr doing a Barrel roll, then trying to barrel roll after attacking isn't allowed, but I'm not seeing the Boost and Daredevil being the same action argument.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vorpal Sword said:

 

ForceM said:

 

RAGE1073 said:

 

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…

 

It's a bit rules-lawyerey, but I don't think that will work. If I'm flying Fel + Stealth Device, and there's one uncanceled crit remaining after our dice rolls are reconciled, I can have my friend the Black Squadron Pilot +Draw Their Fire take the damage--but I was still the one hit by the attack, regardless of whether I take the damage (and the BSP wasn't hit, despite the fact that he took my crit).

 

 

 

 

 

 

how can it not work? Push the limit clearly says that you can do 1 extra action after doing the first and then you "receive" a stress token.

Soontir reads that you can get a free focus token when you receive a stress token. It never says that it has to happen in a specific time.

so you can do a boost, barrel roll, and get a focus token.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RAGE1073 said:

Vorpal Sword said:

 

ForceM said:

 

RAGE1073 said:

 

Best combo ever

Soontir Fel+Push the Limit+Stealth Device= 33pts of awesomeness and 3 actions

 

 

Yeah this is ridiculously over the top but a pure wave 2 combo.

Another one of these is any ship with draw their fire and another one with stealth device, to keep it going longer…

 

It's a bit rules-lawyerey, but I don't think that will work. If I'm flying Fel + Stealth Device, and there's one uncanceled crit remaining after our dice rolls are reconciled, I can have my friend the Black Squadron Pilot +Draw Their Fire take the damage--but I was still the one hit by the attack, regardless of whether I take the damage (and the BSP wasn't hit, despite the fact that he took my crit).

 

 

 

 

 

 

how can it not work? Push the limit clearly says that you can do 1 extra action after doing the first and then you "receive" a stress token.

Soontir reads that you can get a free focus token when you receive a stress token. It never says that it has to happen in a specific time.

so you can do a boost, barrel roll, and get a focus token.

I think what he meant was the "keep it going longer" part. Once Fel gets hit, he will lose Stealth, even if the BSP takes the crit due to Draw Their Fire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hothie said:

tinnitus said:

 

hothie said:

 

Yep, you can use both. 1 bank, Boost 1 bank, then Daredevil is a quick way for Vader to turn around and attack anyone who is tailing him. Plus with PS9, he'll likely attack before the person behind him. Like i said, not the best, but fun. :)

 

 

 

Are you sure? To me this seem like a repetition of the Expert handling discussion. I think the consensus was that Darth couldn't do two barrel rolls in a row. Why should Daredevil differ?

 

On the other hand, there is nothing that keeps Darth from doing a Barrel roll and Boost in sequence. That would be fun.

 

 

I pulled the cards out, trying to see if I was mistaken, and trying to understand your argument, and I don't see it. Are you trying to say that performing an action that allows a movement, then performing a different action allowing a completely different movement is equivalent to taking the same action twice? I honestly don't see it. Please explain your case as to how this wouldn't be allowed under the rules.

I can see how performing the Boost action twice is not allowed, or on Turr doing a Barrel roll, then trying to barrel roll after attacking isn't allowed, but I'm not seeing the Boost and Daredevil being the same action argument.

I stand corrected. It was me not reading the card text properly. I remembered reading Boost action somewhere in it, so my reasoning went from there. But as it is, having access to boost action is just a requirement to be safe from damage - not the actual action.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about Biggs with say Stealth Device and R2-F2 tanking it up for an Exposing Falcon? 

It ain't cheap, but hells bells, a 4 Attack primary gun with a 360 fire arc? Again, my pants would be absolutely combusting if I said I wasn't going to try it at least once. 

Stick Lando in there and it gets more expensive, but then ol' Biggsy can do a little Focusing as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0