Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilikin

Next expansion

40 posts in this topic

Man, I missed the ABC linear plot style too. Good to see I'm not the only one!

And yeah, they are definitely playtesting these things now, I know that for a fact! And if they offer me a new one to playtest I won't come tell you guys (because it would violate NDA  :o —sorry).

But, of course. With the successes of Yellow Sign and Call of the Wild, they're still going to make new content. I only wish I had room in my box.

Hi Tibs,

As I wrote somewhere else in a remote web location, I did not enjoy so much the CotW either. The narration is too poor. It is only geared to replayable mechanics. My personnal taste goes for no linear clue chain BUT strong narration. Not an easy challenge, but some of the fan scenarios made it. I think that Yellow Sign was a much better scenario than any of the CotW ones. Let see how the official game will go.

Lilikin likes this

I said the on BGG but was seriously flamed for it, my group love the story as they are very casual and love a good whodunit etc and the new style doesn't feel as good! 

For the next big expansion, I think a museum theme would work best. Essentially, bringing MoM back indoors, but with the more randomly seeded nature of the CoW expansion.

I can see many new tiles and rooms (exhibit rooms) emphasizing the ocean deep, the ancient pyramids, the jungles, among others.

Let's have a vehicles expansion! ;) Actually, even though I kid... just two road tiles (and a mechanic for repeatedly placing one in front of the other) could easily represent a road of unlimited length. Indeed, a river trip (or dungeon chase in say, a mine cart) could be handled similarly using the CotW river or cave tiles.

Mansions of Madness was announced 2010-09-17, Forbidden Alchemy 2011-09-12 and Call of the Wild was announced 2012-10-05.

Let's hope we get an announcement in the next month :)

Edited by demozon

Starting to lose the faith a little with FFG here, just thought when was the last POD released?  don't think since yellow sign, there is loads of life in this game FFG don't kill it. 

Yellow sign was released this time last year and announced much earlier........

Desert themed expansion would be awesome and really fitting imo.

Sandy tiles, maybe a bit more "open endedness" in the gameplay...bigger maps, catacombs, oasis, interactive caravans...interconnecting maps?

Edited by SolennelBern

Anything to do with vampires, or witches and  i will be happy, Egyptian themed adventures would be a hoot too, trapped tombs and the likes.

Loving the Innsmouth and road suggestions. I like the idea of the Museum as well as a "Night at the Museum" Lovecraft style would be fantastic.

That said I'd love to see a mid range expansions (like Forbidden Alchemy) that includes solo/co-op options for the base game and Call of the Wild expansion. The solo/co-op scenario in CotW is a great way to learn the game IMO.

Lilikin likes this

I play with own home rules and like to write own scenarios, i will happy for any new expansion. The MOM need more new maps tiles and monsters miniatures. It would be nice if FFG will make scenario editor like in Descent. More indoor map tiles.

Lilikin and Ddrumss2112 like this

For me an ideal big box expansion would be:

The Silver Twilight Lodge and /or Miskatonic University

These two Arkham locations are brimming with expansion potential

I absolutely love this idea!