Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lilikin

Next expansion

40 posts in this topic

I am thinking/hoping the next non pod expansion will be a Egypt one some kind of museum tiles maybe would make a lot of sense as they are the next lot of figures in the next 'wave' of the pre painted selection and I for one would love this as it really opens up the kind of games we can have!   Thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree. I would like to fight Mummies, Pharoes, and the snake people, and The Beast in an Egyptian setting. Make it happen please Fantasy Flight!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

RandyButternubs said:

I completely agree. I would like to fight Mummies, Pharoes, and the snake people, and The Beast in an Egyptian setting. Make it happen please Fantasy Flight!

Yes, now that they have a woods expansion, the best choice would be to return to indoors and do like a "Cellars and Crypts" kind of expansion. Seeing an Egyptian theme with mummies and The Beast is a must for me.

Later down the road they should return to outdoors again with a streets expansion that may connect and create homes with the core set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From a miniature point of view…

With "Call of the Wild" they release the "Nightgaunt" miniature instead of a "Wave 5" of miniatures.

So let's look at the other Arkham Horror minis that are not yet released:

Priest of Dagon

Barnabas Marsh

Deep One Hybird

Star Spawn

So if FFG is looking for a reason to release the last minis missing from AH I would say that Innsmouth looks pretty plausable.

Or what do you guys think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tromdial said:

Yes, now that they have a woods expansion, the best choice would be to return to indoors and do like a "Cellars and Crypts" kind of expansion. Seeing an Egyptian theme with mummies and The Beast is a must for me.

Hmm, lets hope they re-design "The Beast" in that case. That mini looks really awful!

One of the worst of all minis they have released (i have had to replace quite a few).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Richard U. Pickman said:

Tromdial said:

 

Yes, now that they have a woods expansion, the best choice would be to return to indoors and do like a "Cellars and Crypts" kind of expansion. Seeing an Egyptian theme with mummies and The Beast is a must for me.

 

 

Hmm, lets hope they re-design "The Beast" in that case. That mini looks really awful!

One of the worst of all minis they have released (i have had to replace quite a few).

That's too bad to hear about "The Beast" figurine. From a distance in the pics, he looks like one of the coolest. Was most impressed though with the sculpt though of the Dunwich Horror that came in my Call of the Wild this weekend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I think someone said above about the street spaces that scene in the story in the Inn/hotel would be epic that sneaking etc a sneak mechanic that isn't evade would be great!  Heroic sacrifices etc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

****…Egypt/desert theme would be completely awesome! I would buy on day -1!!!!!!

In the meantime Call of the Wild is one hell of an expansion.  Lots of stuff in there, great "new" rules, non linear and replayable scenarios…lots of tokens, cards, new Investigators, monsters…**** if I would have to buy only 1 expansion it would be Call of the Wild no doubt!

SquarePeg likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Man I love dreaming about the possibilities of expansions for this game!

As you guys have said before, Innsmouth would be so killer! I'd also really like to see a story that parallels with Lovecraft's "The Hound". It's one of my favorites. You could travel between two maps after an event card effect, find the amulet, and have the hound creature come into play and leave on different turns. Eventually leading the investigators towards the graveyard to replace the jade amulet for the win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I love the Lovecraft's 'Under the Pyramids' story I wouldn't exactly be psyched for such a setting in Mansions. I'd feel, in my eyes, that it would break the feel/ambience of the game. Innsmouth on the other hand I could really see happening, especially with the ally mechanic of 'CotW'.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they come out with a Insmouth expansion (which would be great, I agree that street tiles would be a great addition to the game), which 4 investigators (assuming they will stick with only having 4 new investigators per expansion) from the AH Insmouth Horror expansion would you like to see in an Insmouth  MoM expansion?  I guess Silas Marsh would be a obvious choice, but who else?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It doesn't seem like you can edit your own posts once thy're published.

Anyway, I'd have to add Roland Banks, the Fed, to the list and have some mechanic for getting the feds involved (or just possibly having the Feds raid Insmouth as the final outcome of the players winning the game).. I suppose you could substatute Tommy Muldoon for Roland.  I'd also like to see Ursala Downs make an appearance (she'd also be great for the suggested Egypt expansion, along with Leo Anderson the expedition leader).  Maybe an underworld type such as Skids O'toole or Finn Edwards. 

What are your thoughts?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

9-Jack-9 said:

I was thinking how cool it would be if the Terminator got into ancient Egypt. Like, Arnie rocking a big headdress and such. You guys ever think about that?

 

All the time…

Anyway, I'd love to see some mini expansions (between the PODs and boxed expansions in size). Sort of like the PODs with one big monster, or a couple small ones. They could do stories like "The Haunter in the Dark" or "The Hound" that way. Also, mini expansions for the boxed expansions like for Call of the Wild they could do "The Color from Out of Space" containing the normal POD stuff plus the color miniature (it would make great use of Call of the Wild's well tile).

I'd also love to see a "The Horror in the Museum" official scenario.

For a boxed expansion I'd want one that was "The Shadow Over Innsmouth"/"Ther Horror at Red Hook"/"The Shunned House". They're all strong Stories that would be fun to play, and I think they would all use town/street tiles well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ddrumss2112 said:

9-Jack-9 said:

 

I was thinking how cool it would be if the Terminator got into ancient Egypt. Like, Arnie rocking a big headdress and such. You guys ever think about that?

 

 

 

All the time…

Anyway, I'd love to see some mini expansions (between the PODs and boxed expansions in size). Sort of like the PODs with one big monster, or a couple small ones. They could do stories like "The Haunter in the Dark" or "The Hound" that way. Also, mini expansions for the boxed expansions like for Call of the Wild they could do "The Color from Out of Space" containing the normal POD stuff plus the color miniature (it would make great use of Call of the Wild's well tile).

I'd also love to see a "The Horror in the Museum" official scenario.

For a boxed expansion I'd want one that was "The Shadow Over Innsmouth"/"Ther Horror at Red Hook"/"The Shunned House". They're all strong Stories that would be fun to play, and I think they would all use town/street tiles well.

Speaking of mini-expansions that give a figurine, I'd love to see an Ancient One sculpt that walks across the board. Extremely hard to kill and is definitely the highlight of the map. Need certain cards to do big damage to it, like whatever wards off an awakened Ancient One. Has both a Keeper and a cooperative mission. The base would also be transparent (save for the corner pocket with the stats token) so you can see what cards are underneath it, as it covers an entire square tile. Because of Call of the Wild, this idea can be fully realized, but also an Ancient One walking atop the "roof" of the building and busting through the rafters and snatching investigators would be epic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would happily welcome an Innsmouth expansion. More so if it will come with a campaign system (an openmulti choices one like the one in Descent 2 as an example) or a series of linked scenarios. Innsmouth wuold be great in this regard. Following the trend of "untraditional" scenarios that we have found in Call of the Wild (and a nice surprise too) an Innsmouth expansion could be a good excuse to develop scenarios with the traitor paranoia (or possibility of one) mechanic. About an egypt expansion I would say, why not, if it will not reduce in a dungeon crawler or combat only oriented scenarios. I would appreciate linking  an Egypt expansion with an esoteric atmosphere or just one with more riddlespuzzles mechanics.

But in truth the game is really open to many possibilities of expansions and mechanics. Think about Mi-gos in Vermont, an expansion centered about the Ancient Race or the Elder Ones (more interesting than Egypt to me) or Dreamland. Really I cant see no end to this in terms of possibility. Bye.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope that they after a couple of more big sets publish a meta expansion that combines elements from several sets at once.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The most important thing is that they will heavily test new expansion before release it.

What customers really want is a game which brings both sides great and fun experience, Not some shinning components with bad desgin flaw. Although FFG is good at artwork but their games usually have longer FAQ than Rule book….And they usually fix flaw in further release or not try to fix at all.

Do hire some professional Quality Assurance

SquarePeg and Mikethebike like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ksdas said:

The most important thing is that they will heavily test new expansion before release it.

What customers really want is a game which brings both sides great and fun experience, Not some shinning components with bad desgin flaw. Although FFG is good at artwork but their games usually have longer FAQ than Rule book….And they usually fix flaw in further release or not try to fix at all.

Do hire some professional Quality Assurance

Agreed: whether at Innsmouth, Egypt, or other worlds, major design flaws drastically hurt the value of the overall product. FFG definitely took the Forbidden Alchemy fiasco seriously when making the second expansion, Call of the Wild (albeit I miss somewhat the ABC plot format; feels weird without).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive seen that they mostly follow minatures that have already been launched for Arkham Horror supplements, if they follow that then we are looking to see nyarlathtep which may bring mummies and the sphynx tie in, look at the Arkham Horror mini and you may agree with me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Well after Call of the Wild I think we can stop beating the "play testing" dead horse, it was a pretty solid expansion so I think FFG got the point.



 



So when do you guys think we'll be getting the next PoD expansion? We probably won't get another boxed expansion for a year, but my group needs their fix. (There's only so many Fan made scenarios.)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0