Sign in to follow this  
PRINCEOFDANKNESS

Help building a small Imperial squad

Hey guys, this is my first post here but I have lurked this forum for a little while now.

I'm trying to build a 100 point Imperial squad to play with at my local league. The problem is, I only have the core set and two TIE Advanced. (I will also have a Slave 1 I pre ordered so I'll have that when it's released.)  I realize that the Imperial strength is in numbers, ie swarming the opponent, but I don't have a huge amount of funds to buy new ships with. 

My question is, is it plausible to run a good Imperial squad with only 4 or 5 ships? Or do I just need to save up and buy more? The only way to max out the points with 4 ships is to use mainly the unique pilots and use a lot of upgrades.

Thanks in advance for any help.

If it's a local league, I'd say your best option until you can afford a few more ships would be to borrow from frenemy Rebel player(s).  

Perhaps exchange loans if anyone else is in the same boat.

It's not really possible to run a competitive squad with the 2 TIEs from the starter box and 2 TIE advanced. A 4-ship rebel squad would eat your lunch, and a true 7 or 8 TIE swarm would as well.

It's hard to get up to 100 points even. You have to pretty much use all your best unique pilots and a couple missiles, and then you have a couple points for upgrades like Squad Leader or Determination.

Thanks for the replies.

About the borrowing, yes that will probably be my best option. I had to resort to that at the Kessel Run, borrowing 2 TIEs (this was before I had my second Advanced) and had a squad of 89 while everyone else was pulling straight 100s. I still managed to pull a partial win out of it.

Once the Rebel players all have Falcons I forsee it being even more of a challenge, haha.