Followers 0
fab74

Random squadrons generator

28 posts in this topic

Hello,

Random generator : http://fabpsb.free.fr/

Manual generator : http://fabpsb.free.fr/mindex.php

I put on line the 3.2 version of the tool with some new features :

- Add a bridge feature allowing to switch from RANDOM GENERATOR to MANUAL GENERATOR and vice versa. Under the generated squadron area you will find the TRANSFERT link.

This allows to tweak the random generation manually for example or to create a squadron for one faction in the manual generator and to generate the other faction in the random generator.
- Add a feature to generate a squadron for only one faction
The goal of the feature is to be able to make available all the upgrade cards for one faction and after, you can generate the other faction.

So, I let you discover the "TRANSFERT" feature in order to fully use all the ressources of the tool.

bye.

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:50 AM

Hello,

I just put online a tool I created, it is a random squadrons generator.

You will find it here : http://fabpsb.free.fr/

The generator is available in English and French (I will be ready to put new languages if requested, and if I get the card translations).

It is a simple tool, you specify the points for the squadrons and you check the extension you want to use. The tool takes care about the card available in each extension in order to deliver the squadrons.

You can specify if the tool try to first choose ships and if there are some points left, it adds the cards.

And you can choose to not display the result with the card but only a summary.

I hope my english will be clear enough (as I am french) and I hope you will find this little tool useful.

Bye !

Edited by fab74

Nice job. This is fun to play with for ideas.

I might try this out at home sometime just to see what happens with an actual game.

Hello,

Thank you for the feedbacks.

To reply the question about the "Priority for the ships", it maxmimizes the number of ships by selecting first the pilot cards and if there are some points left and if the pilots already selected can carry ability cards, it assign cards.

If this option is not checked, cards or pilots are selected along the process.

I get some improvement suggestions from another forum, so I think, I will add new features soon.

bye.

If you want, I can provide you an excel file where you will be able to enter the card name translation and interface translation.

Just let me know.

PS : I don't need the card as I don't want to do copyright infrigements.

Great tool…  Thanks!!   Is there a way to print out the squadrons?  I'd like to gen a few for playing later this week.

Thanks --Kenny

Hello,

For the moment there is no print option, you can do a copy/paste in a text editor for the time being, I already think about that, so perhaps in the near future.

The next improvements will be at the iterface level in order to ease the use on tablet and smartphone.

@+

Finally, I give up with an improved interface for smartphone and tablet as the performance was finally very poor.

I will update soon the tool in order to avoir a reload of the complete page each time it is submitted. I will add also a print feature.

So, I let new player check the tool and provide feedbacks, as wave 2 is now widely available worldwide (even in France).

http://fabpsb.free.fr/

bye.

And don't forget to Save The Clone Wars show…

really cool and awesome job.. only thing left i could suggest is an option to choose a pilot and randomize the rest.  As there are some of us out there that like a certain pilot so much that they'd like to play around with that pilot and randomized lists around that pilot

Hello,

I think that I will have something for you in the future !

The next feature I want to put in place is a way to select precisely the cards you want to use from an extension or the core-set.

So, you should be able to select the pilots you want to use and the tool will do the rest.

bye.

PS : It could take time to deliver that so be patiente. Thank you for the feedback.

fab74 said:

Hello,

I think that I will have something for you in the future !

The next feature I want to put in place is a way to select precisely the cards you want to use from an extension or the core-set.

So, you should be able to select the pilots you want to use and the tool will do the rest.

bye.

PS : It could take time to deliver that so be patiente. Thank you for the feedback.

awesome!

Hello,

Version 2.3 online.

- Cookie improvements to store the points and the last generation mode used
- Optimization of the suqadron generation using the "Maximized cards" mode
- Presentation modifications

http://fabpsb.free.fr/

bye.

Qui-Gon-Kin said:

Hi,

Just wanted to say this is a real cool program and thanks for the hard work!

Agreed! Very nice work. Thanks.

Hello,

Finally an update on the random squadrons generator that becomes a little less "random".

I added a new feature, the manual squadrons genarator !

Based on the same principle, you select the expansions you own, you can tweak the cards available per expansions (if you want to remove or limit some of them (like on the random squadrons generator)) by clicking on the expansion images, and you can build your squadrons according to your selection.

http://fabpsb.free.fr/mindex.php

or

http://fabpsb.free.fr   => MANUAL GENERATOR menu

I let you discover it, and don't hesitate to provide feedbacks.

I also added wave 3 ships according to the information available for the time being. I will remove the BETA mention once all information will be known.

Last addition partially done, extra information feature.

bye

I love this generator. One thing that I might suggest (and I have no clue how hard this would be to program, feel free to ignore) is that often I will get some cards that make no sense like Deadeye on an interceptor or standard tie. Also while the generator seems to give a firespray the slave-1 upgrade 100% of the time due to it costing zero points it doesn't actually ever add torpedoes to it from what I've seen.

Overall love it though. Thanks for putting in all that work!