Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The_Warlock

Beggar King

9 posts in this topic

I quote the cards' text:

You may pay up to 3 Gold. You must then roll 1 die and add 1 to the result for each Gold you paid:

1-2 You are cursed for your stinginess. Turn into a Toad for 3 turns

3-4 You are thanked for your generosity

5-6 All other characters must give you 1 of their Objects. Then discard this card.

Q: on a 5-6, who decides which Objects must be given?

The_Warlock said:

I quote the cards' text:

You may pay up to 3 Gold. You must then roll 1 die and add 1 to the result for each Gold you paid:

5-6 All other characters must give you 1 of their Objects. Then discard this card.

Thats a toughy because the card is vague at best. You could argue it ethier way. But given the card one has to side with the player who has the object.

Uvatha said:

The_Warlock said:

I quote the cards' text:

Thats a toughy because the card is vague at best. You could argue it ethier way. But given the card one has to side with the player who has the object.

In fact we decided that the other characters may choose the Object to give. In most cases, this will result in a single character receiving a load of rubbish from the others. I, as the Priest, received a Sword.

EvilEdwin said:

I'd say the other characters decide on the object, otherwise it would say "take one object from each character".

Yep I agree. If it meant that it could of just said.

EvilEdwin said:

I'd say the other characters decide on the object, otherwise it would say "take one object from each character".

I think this is correct. Only cards like Sneakthief let you choose objects from other characters.
In Beggar King card other characters decide but I wonder if he can give for example Runesword to a Good character which he must immediately ditch?
Or he must give an object which other character can take?

Croonos said:

EvilEdwin said:

I think this is correct. Only cards like Sneakthief let you choose objects from other characters.
In Beggar King card other characters decide but I wonder if he can give for example Runesword to a Good character which he must immediately ditch?
Or he must give an object which other character can take?

I also think everyone interpreted the card correctly.

The implications of other players giving what they want gives way to many sinister outcomes for the happy 5-6 roller. You'll receive a bundle of useless items most of the time, but I don't think there's anything that forbids giving an Object that the receiver must ditch. Or even worse, giving a Living Doll, Lodestone, False Grail. I would hold onto my Runesword, though.

There are so many good cards in the City deck that a totally negative Beggar King is more than welcome in the balance.

The_Warlock said:

Croonos said:

EvilEdwin said:

You'll receive a bundle of useless items most of the time, but I don't think there's anything that forbids giving an Object that the receiver must ditch.

I disagree with you on this one! It must be an Object that the other character can take.

Ell.