Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reklawyad

Dark Side Back of card Imprint…

9 posts in this topic

So after getting the set, I've noticed that on the back of just my Dark Side Card Sleeves, the Star Wars logo has a sort of dent in it, I thought it was just related to the Red Dragon Shield sleeves I picked up, but it also is showing on the Emp Palp card backs as well. It is not showing in the light side cards, so this is really a weird thing to see. 

Anyone else notice this?

Reklawyad said:

So after getting the set, I've noticed that on the back of just my Dark Side Card Sleeves, the Star Wars logo has a sort of dent in it, I thought it was just related to the Red Dragon Shield sleeves I picked up, but it also is showing on the Emp Palp card backs as well. It is not showing in the light side cards, so this is really a weird thing to see. 

Anyone else notice this?

That is in fact weird. I say take em back … I don't like imperfections in the card sleeves.

Well it's funny because its only on the back of the dark side cards, the whole "Star Wars" logo is almost like, absorbing the card sleeve, I'll see if I can take a picture to show. 

I've noticed something similar when using Dragon Shields to sleeve L5R. The "five rings" silhouette imprints through the opaque sleeves. Very disconcerting, especially since I like collecting imported sleeves and would rather keep them looking nice.

I noticed this happening on the dragon shields I used for Netrunner Game of Thrones as well.  After I desleeved the cards and let the sleeves sit on a shelf for a week or two, I noticed the "impression" had disappeared.

I cannot see any "absorbing" of the Star Wars logo in my FFG sleeves.  I can though, see the Star Wars Logo through the back of the lightsaber light side sleeves.  It is a faint image,as the white and light blue colors on the sleeve are semi transparent.  The Star Wars logo goes away when the card is removed from the sleeve.  I never would have noticed it if I didnt read this thread.

I have noticed this on my cards as well, that are in dragon shields. It's wierd. If it bothers you, my ultra pros don't seem to have the same situation, so you could switch to them.